Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2019 at 10:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How do I safely remove careers and what is a PTO
I have a few custom careers installed in my games, there are three in total. Only one sim is in one of them but the one its in isn't a 'PTO' version and I'm not trying to remove that one. The ones I want to remove are the ones which have been made with a bundle of 'PTO' versions. I don't understand what these are but it's a bit of an issue because whenever my sims look in the newspaper for a job a lot of the same job appears again because of the different PTO versions. For instance:

I just want one version of this career without the 'PTO' versions. I've tried searching for what a PTO is or any of that and I haven't found any answers. Also, if I remove the career and my sim looks in a newspaper that had the job in it previously, will that crash the game?

JESSE!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th May 2019 at 12:34 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 4th May 2019 at 1:30 PM.
In my experience, you can just delete careers, but to be safe for the sim and to make sure she's home from work, why not have her quit her job? Then just delete it. It won't hurt anything. The newspaper/computer/job board just won't show a job that you don't have installed.

PTO is just the amount of time that a sim has to work before s/he earns a day off. Lien makes a lot of these in different versions: "By default it takes a sim 7 working days before getting 1 day of paid vacation (PTO). I made a version to let it take 3 days (PTO3) and one where it takes 5 days (PTO5) before getting one day paid vacation." https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/s...areer%20-%20All

If this is hers, probably this, what you have there are 6 different versions of the same career. Three have chance cards and three don't and each of those types has a 3, 5, and 7 PTO.

Ideally, you probably want to choose one, but it doesn't hurt to have more versions. In SimPE, you could even give those careers different names if you wanted, so it wouldn't be confusing, but probably, you want the easy route. Just delete what you don't want.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th May 2019 at 12:49 PM
Sounds like one of lientebollemeis's careers. http://modthesims.info/d/594798/new...sed-pto-cc.html She makes them with various PTO's (Paid Time Off) She always makes a variety so you can pick which version you like. So long as a sim is not at work in the career you can delete it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th May 2019 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
In my experience, you can just delete careers, but to be safe for the sim and to make sure she's home from work, why not have her quit her job? Then just delete it. It won't hurt anything. The newspaper/computer/job board just won't show a job that you don't have installed.

PTO is just the amount of time that a sim has to work before s/he earns a day off. Lien makes a lot of these in different versions: "By default it takes a sim 7 working days before getting 1 day of paid vacation (PTO). I made a version to let it take 3 days (PTO3) and one where it takes 5 days (PTO5) before getting one day paid vacation." https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/s...areer%20-%20All

If this is hers, probably this, what you have there are 6 different versions of the same career. Three have chance cards and three don't and each of those types has a 3, 5, and 7 PTO.

Ideally, you probably want to choose one, but it doesn't hurt to have more versions. In SimPE, you could even give those careers different names if you wanted, so it wouldn't be confusing, but probably, you want the easy route. Just delete what you don't want.

This is really helpful. Also, how do I know which ones have chance cards though? I'm a bit of a noob at understanding this stuff

JESSE!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 6th May 2019 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mousedroidz21
This is really helpful. Also, how do I know which ones have chance cards though? I'm a bit of a noob at understanding this stuff

@mousedroidz21

The Custom Careers that Lien makes will have CC in the name of the file, in this case CC means Chance Card. For other Custom Careers, you could look with SimPE or use TheNinthWave's ChanceCardTester.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.