Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 11:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Problems with community lot objects
I have problems with some community lot objects from buy mode in my game. For some reason some of those objects appear as custom content and I can't even put some of the objects on the lot, for example the gas-stove that chefs use in restaurants, at the moment I can't put it on a community lot. Not at all, when I click on it and try to drag it out on the lot, nothing happens. The same happens as well with telephone booths and some other community lot objects. I'll show a couple pics marked with the objects that appear as custom content for some reason and can't use. And what's worst of all is that I can't open a restaurant or hotel lot, or any other community lot that has these objects and furnitures. Whenever I try to load these lots, the game crashes. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so is there any solution? Thank you beforehand.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 11:53 PM
That sounds to me like you've got a mod acting up. It's possible you allowed a hack you aren't set up for to piggyback on something else, like a downloaded lot, or that you added a mod that was corrupted during download, or one that you didn't read the documentation for thoroughly, and didn't get all the requirements.

To test whether it's a bad mod or a mod conflict, back up your game, temporarily move your Downloads folder someplace secure, and launch the game. If the problem is gone, all you have to do is hunt it down. Don't worry, it doesn't take as long as you think it does. And if this is a recent development, instead of doing a full 50/50 you can start by arranging your downloads in date order and testing with just the most recent ones first.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)