Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 8:27 PM
Default Sim can't get married
Hi everyone,

My sim can't get married. This is the second time in the same save I'm trying to get someone married and both times the same thing happened. My sims can get engaged, but afterwards they can't get married. The options on the other sim are greyed out and say 'Name is already engaged' if I go over it. Yes... to each other, that is. I've checked all of their relationships and deleted the remotely romantic ones, but the problem persists. I tried to get them engaged again, but it still happens. I'm at a loss now. They're in the middle of a wedding party and the option on the arch is not greyed out, but when I click on it nothing happens. I tried googling this problem but couldn't find anyone who had quite the same problem or a viable solution.

Maybe one of you has experienced the same thing or knows of a way around it? I would love some help. Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 8:45 PM
If the option is available on the arch but they do nothing, make sure you are placing the arch with Moveobjects off
if it doesn't help, and it isn't a rout problem, just take your mods out and test without them (don't save)
if it works without your mods, some mod is probably broken and is causing this issue..

usually when the cause is that the sim still have a gf/bf relationship with someone else, you can't click on the arch to get them married at all
but you're saying you can.. so I think it's either MOO issue (the game is very sensitive to this ever seen a few recent patches) or a broken mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 9:21 PM
I'm laughing at myself. I looked through all of my mods and I seem to have Polarbearsims' autonomous wedding mod which makes it impossible to marry until the engagement buff wears off. Taking that out should do it. I guess I'm too fast in getting them married so far.

So, mystery solved.