Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 7:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims2 Apt crashes when student claims dormatory door
I'm playing a default University and have added a couple new Sims to a dormitory...This is the first Uni lot in the neighborhood, and these are the first non NPC Sims in the University. Sims are wearing custom clothes, but the dorm contains no CC.

As soon as either of them attempts to claim a door in the dorm, the game crashes with an access violation. I could not find any information about a bug that impacts the "claim door" action.

Ideas?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 8:52 AM
Try to run the game as administrator
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thewayiseethings
I'm playing a default University and have added a couple new Sims to a dormitory...This is the first Uni lot in the neighborhood, and these are the first non NPC Sims in the University. Sims are wearing custom clothes, but the dorm contains no CC.

As soon as either of them attempts to claim a door in the dorm, the game crashes with an access violation. I could not find any information about a bug that impacts the "claim door" action.

Ideas?

Custom clothes are still considered CC and some have been known to cause strange side effects. Even if the problem doesn't come from the clothes, CC does not necessarily have to be present in the dorm for it to cause problems in your game. Does the game still crash if you try this with your Downloads folder removed?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Custom clothes are still considered CC and some have been known to cause strange side effects. Even if the problem doesn't come from the clothes, CC does not necessarily have to be present in the dorm for it to cause problems in your game. Does the game still crash if you try this with your Downloads folder removed?

No, it doesn't.

I tested all my CC, but you know...not in every aspect of the game. I did restart the game and had a different Sims try to claim a door with the same result. If it were you, what would you suspect was the issue? I have a lot of custom hair and I always put custom make-up on my ugly Sims.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 8:08 PM
Here's a guide to finding problem CC/mods. If all else fails, you may have to go through the tedious but effective "50% Method" to find the culprit.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Content
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by writemyessaysonline

Here's a guide to finding problem CC/mods. If all else fails, you may have to go through the tedious but effective "50% Method" to find the culprit.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Content

Thank you very much! I am kind of a geek about Sims mods but I hate spending time figuring out what mod caused game crashes this time or what mods conflict occured
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 10:35 AM
Sounds time for a 50/50 search. Put your game on window mode while you test so you can do other things while it loads. It's an unpleasant chore which most of us here have done more than once.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~