Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 7:14 AM Last edited by justJones : 17th Jan 2015 at 8:02 PM.
The Prosperity Challenge
So now that rotational can now be a part of the Sims again after the Sims 2 I decided to modify the ts2 version to go with ts4. So I will be testing this to see about all the rolls that need to occur. I suggest instead of using dice to use random.org because you can then put in the exact numbers. So I also want to give credit to the ones who did the ts2 prosperity challenge which would be discordkitty, Kivrin5511, and Straberiwine74.

To Start Off
Kick everyone out of the neighborhood and if you want you can choose to bulldoze all the residential and community lots. I think it is best to do that because you are basically starting your own town. Build on it and make it your own! You also should uncheck aging for all played households so they don't age while you are away at another house hold. Next you need to roll and see how many families to have if you get a 1 as a roll then roll again you need at least 2 families, but this is the only time when 1 is roll again. I would do it based on a 6 sided die so no more than six families for building up the neighborhood.

While in CAS
So you know how many families you have now and that's great! So you can make your Sims look however you want, but how many Sims will be in each household? Well for each family you need roll to see how many Sims to have. If you are using dice you can do just 1-6 but if you use the website at the top of the thread you can do 1-8. Whatever number is given you then need to make that many Sims for the specific household.
Odd (1,3,5)-Male
Even (2,4,6)-Female

2-Teen
3-YA
4-Adult
5-Elder
6-Roll Again

So if somehow you end up with all elders in a household you can reroll. Now if you end up with no adults you can create a placeholder Sim but as soon as you get on the lot you need to kill them by cheating or boxing them into a room.
Aspirations
You will need to do a few rolls with this to figure out what exact aspiration your Sims are going to have You’re first going to roll to see out of which of the 2 sets, then going to roll again to see what aspiration category you get and then roll one more time to get your actual aspiration. This one only applies for adults. I have a separate one for kids.

Even (2,4,6)

1: Athletic (Body builder)

2 Family
Successful Lineage (even 2,4,6)
Big Family (odd 3,5,6)

3: Knowledge
Renaissance Sim (1,3)
Nerd Brain(2,4)
Computer Whiz(5,6)

4: Popularity
Joke Star(1,3)
Party Animal(2,4)
Friend of The World(5,6)

5: Creativity
Painter(1,3)
Musical Genius(2,4)
Best Selling Author(5,6)

6:Roll Again

Odd(1,3,5)

1. Food
Master Mixologist (even)
Master Chef (odd)

2. Love
Serial Romantic (even)
Soul mate(odd

3. Deviance
Public Enemy (even)
Chief of Mischief(Odd)

4. Fortune
Fabulously Wealthy(even)
Mansion Baron(odd)

5. Nature
Freelance Botanist (1,3)
The Curator(2,4)
Angling Ace(5,6)

6. Roll Again

Children Aspirations
You only need to roll once for children aspirations.
1. Creativity
2. Mental
3. Motor
4. Social
5. Your Pick
6. Roll Again

Game Play

So all of your families are now made and you know the rotation of which you will play them. It is advised to not play a family for more than 7 sim days but you should at least play each family for 3 or 4 sim days. Just make sure that each rotation you play the families the same amount of days but once you start back over you can always change how many days you play. Once you move a family out add them to the bottom of the list. You can use both worlds as well for the rotations. Also no money cheats and the money the game gives you at the beginning is the money you have to start off with.

This is my roll and I am going to also use it as an example
# of families 3
1st family: 5 Sims
Female Teen: Soul mate
Male YA: Party Animal
Male Adult: Creativity (Painter)
Female Teen: Joke Star
Female Adult: Body builder

2nd family 1 sim
Female Adult: Public Enemy (It’s gonna be hard to make her have children -_-)

3rd Family: 4 sims
Female elder: Computer Whiz
Male YA: Soul mate
Male Child: Creativity
Female YA: Master mixologist

If you have any questions go ahead and post them here and I will try to respond as soon as possible.
I will post my families as soon as possible
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 5:27 PM
I must have missed it. What's the goal?

Thanx, Cyn
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 2:37 AM
I am so glad to have found this challenge! It really helps me get a new game started. And I must say, having Newcrest is a big help!!!

I do have a quick question- would you (or anyone with input, really) recommend randomly selecting traits/aspirations for sims born during gameplay once they age up?