Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#15901 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 4:38 PM
Is there any way of getting weather effects in build mode without having Sims on a lot? For some lots (like my Hallelujah Square), having to build it without snow on the ground makes it harder to see how the end effect will really come out...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#15902 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I've discovered "Cyjon's Debugger" and I don't know if it will work with the FFS Debugger or if we should only have one of them. Some options on Cyjon's Debugger are things I find I could use in my game.

Cyjon says his compliments FFS Debugger but what does that mean? If anyone can clear it up for me, I'll be grateful! :p

Thanks!

It means that Cyjon's debugger is meant to be used alongside Pescado's debugger. Cyjon wanted some additional features so he made his own debugger to be used in addition to Pescado's batbox.
Mad Poster
#15903 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 7:17 PM
It has some features that Pescado's doesn't, so it's a good idea to run them alongside each other. I usually stick the batbox and pizzabox under the foundation if I have one.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#15904 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Is there any way of getting weather effects in build mode without having Sims on a lot? For some lots (like my Hallelujah Square), having to build it without snow on the ground makes it harder to see how the end effect will really come out...

This sounds like something that would be a helpful hack when creating lots. I'm planning on making a christmas-inspired lot before the end of this year...

Did I really say that?
- Well, at least yesterday is behind us now.
/Jonipoon
Mad Poster
#15905 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 8:33 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : 6th Nov 2018 at 8:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I call those sticky wants. Oddly enough, upon reloading the lot or something they turn out to have rolled away and are completely different wants. Never figured out why it happens.

@Bulbizarre I want to be able to fulfill the want, which is why I've had it locked for several sim days. It can't very well roll away if I have it locked...or at least, I hope it can't. I want the child to be able to get "credit" for fulfilling the want, since he and his family worked pretty hard to get the relationship with that wolf high enough to be able to adopt it. Edit: Reloaded the lot, but the want is still there and still just as "sticky."

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I don't think the chefs have full character data. I certainly never see them as walkbys or customers even in hoods in development that have townie/NPC creation majorly restricted, which tends to bring the NPCs out of the woodwork. So I'd leave the chefs alone and only fiddle with the waiters and hosts.

I see NL chefs as walkbys, but apparently that's a feature of Cyjon's "All Walkbys." They're also on this list of "NPCs that are safe to play as and/or add to your household."
Mad Poster
#15906 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 8:58 PM
I've never been able to get sticky wants to fill, but you could try using InSim/Manipulator to manually add the aspiration points and then let it roll away naturally. Disadvantage is that it won't count in the want history which is what goes to training a Sim.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#15907 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 8:59 PM
Yeah I was thinking that's probably my only option at this point.
Mad Poster
#15908 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 10:11 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 6th Nov 2018 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Added reply to Rosawyn's post
I don't think the chefs have full character data. I certainly never see them as walkbys or customers even in hoods in development that have townie/NPC creation majorly restricted, which tends to bring the NPCs out of the woodwork. So I'd leave the chefs alone and only fiddle with the waiters and hosts.
Thanks Peni! Personally I have had NL chefs appear as walk-bys quite early in my game when I had very few mods. Fairly soon after the Smythe sisters moved into 46 Bard Boulevard, Phil Lawson the chef was walking past their cottage. They greeted him and influenced him to tidy up their garden. After he had done a bit of work there, he joined them for a meal. It was before I had started taking regular pictures, so I can't be precise about when this happened, but I'm pretty sure it was some time in 2013 when I had been playing for less than 12 months. Phil was generated by the game when I created my first restaurant (the poolside restaurant at the Veronaville Swim Centre); that was before I attached downtown. When he appeared at the Smythes' house, I thought he must be a townie that I didn't recognise, and it was only when I investigated that I realised he was the chef. A little bit later, when I was investigating the problems of chefs not turning up to do their work (a fairly common glitch) I saw a chef walk past outside a restaurant; there was no one in the kitchen, but it never occurred to him to go in and start cooking -- he just walked straight past outside! Maybe he'd just come to laugh at them, or there was a chefs' strike and he was some sort of flying picket.

So, in my game I have seen chefs as walk-bys and interacting with other Sims. But the McGaws have no memories of such interactions with other Sims (or with each other for that matter!), so I think I'll take your advice and leave them alone for just now. I'm not even sure if I've ever seen Justin McGaw actually in the game. If they make their presence in the game a bit more felt, I might revisit the idea of making them married. Just like in real life, it's very easy to ignore the kitchen staff! As long as the waiter brings your food, and it tastes ok, you never think about who cooked it!

But I shall set the relationships for Colby Tsang and his two daughters.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
They're also on this list of "NPCs that are safe to play as and/or add to your household."
That's what I thought too. The only glitch that I'm aware of with chefs is them not showing up in your restaurant kitchen.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#15909 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 6:12 AM
I've tried to download a number of things that go through MediaFire - where I CAN'T download because it pops up a notice to turnoff add blocker. Is there a way around this?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Inventor
#15910 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I've tried to download a number of things that go through MediaFire - where I CAN'T download because it pops up a notice to turnoff add blocker. Is there a way around this?

I had this same problem @grammapat, but someone over on tumblr helped with this issue (link here). I added these to my AdBlock and the popups went away

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15911 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 2:02 PM
@AndrewGloria The chefs are safe to play; I have one as a room mate for a sim living in an apartment and he has full character data.

If they fail to turn up at the stove in your restaurants, force an error> reset on the stove and he'll appear. That seems to happen for me when someone is standing in his personal space when the game tries to spawn him.
Mad Poster
#15912 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 3:27 PM
Can anyone tell me why the lace on the bottom here isn't see-through and shows a grey background instead? The alpha has the right black and white bits.
Screenshots
Scholar
#15913 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 4:50 PM
I've just installed ACR to my game (I've had it before). I did have Risky Woohoo Mod at first but it literally made everyone pregnant whenever they Woohoo'd and because I have Quiet Pregnancy, I didn't know until they got the trimester pop (at least 6, maybe 7 Sims are pregnant from Risky Woohoo).. So, the reason why I've installed ACR and removed my Risky Woohoo is to have more control over the pregnancies in my game and jealousy on specific lots. I prefer having control of when my Sims Woohoo so most of the autonomous stuff is disabled which kinda makes ACR useless, I guess. Except the whole pregnancy and jealousy settings..

Is there a Mod that will do similar things to ACR regarding pregnancy and jealousy? I have InSim which has the Social Adjuster which affects jealousy on lots but I have to remember to turn it on and off because if I have a Sim go to a community lot and return home, I have to turn the option off again and with a memory as bad as mine, I often forget to do it. Same if I exit the lot and return. I don't know if it will work in Community Lots because I haven't tried it (yet). I can't find any pregnancy mods like birth control, whether a Sim can get pregnant or not etc. I only know of ACR.
Mad Poster
#15914 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 5:10 PM
ACR is good for a lot of things besides autonomy, there's no reason you can't use it.
Mad Poster
#15915 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 5:22 PM
@Fyren, Romancemod makes changes to how jealousy works, and there's an anti-jealousy potion that can be made static.

Neither of these can be fine-tuned. If you want more nuance than "jealous or not" or don't like the parameters laid down by Romancemod, I'm not sure what else is out there. Try in WCIF.

The thing about ACR is that it's a huge hack and can do a lot of things - which means that a lot of its individual features are duplicated by other, smaller hacks. So it's a good idea to do as much research and testing as possible before making a final decision, especially if you only want one or two features. The comfort zone between complex but customizable, and simple but set in stone, is a place only you can define.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#15916 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
ACR is good for a lot of things besides autonomy, there's no reason you can't use it.

Isn't it a little pointless if I'm only using the pregnancy and jealousy options, though?

Romancemod makes changes to how jealousy works, and there's an anti-jealousy potion that can be made static.

Doesn't it affect loyalty between Sims as well? For example, a Romance sim tries to seduce a married Sim but is rejected every time because they're loyal to their partner. If it is, I've had this Mod before and found it incredibly difficult for my Romance Sims to get with anyone and it just got boring really quickly. I guess I'm just picky, haha. :p
Mad Poster
#15917 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 7:41 PM
If ACR has some feature you like and you use it for that feature, it's clearly not pointless. It's not like the rest of it will really conflict with anything else.

I have ACR and romance mod, and it actually is possible for romance sims to seduce married sims, but you have to use the ACR interactions instead of the Maxis interactions.
Alchemist
#15918 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I've just installed ACR to my game (I've had it before). I did have Risky Woohoo Mod at first but it literally made everyone pregnant whenever they Woohoo'd and because I have Quiet Pregnancy, I didn't know until they got the trimester pop (at least 6, maybe 7 Sims are pregnant from Risky Woohoo).. So, the reason why I've installed ACR and removed my Risky Woohoo is to have more control over the pregnancies in my game and jealousy on specific lots. I prefer having control of when my Sims Woohoo so most of the autonomous stuff is disabled which kinda makes ACR useless, I guess. Except the whole pregnancy and jealousy settings..

Is there a Mod that will do similar things to ACR regarding pregnancy and jealousy? I have InSim which has the Social Adjuster which affects jealousy on lots but I have to remember to turn it on and off because if I have a Sim go to a community lot and return home, I have to turn the option off again and with a memory as bad as mine, I often forget to do it. Same if I exit the lot and return. I don't know if it will work in Community Lots because I haven't tried it (yet). I can't find any pregnancy mods like birth control, whether a Sim can get pregnant or not etc. I only know of ACR.

I don't know what you want to do with jealousy, but I prefer nojealousyatall.
Mad Poster
#15919 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If they [i.e. chefs] fail to turn up at the stove in your restaurants, force an error> reset on the stove and he'll appear.
I just did that and it worked perfectly. Thanks simsample! In the past I've had Sims dancing for hours at nightclubs in the hope that someone will turn up and cook them a meal. (Quite often the chef does show up hours late! Even if he doesn't you can still eat -- the food sort of teleports to your table.)

@Charity : Is the mesh designed for alpha editing? If the skirt is solid right down to the bottom hem, with just the ankles and feet sticking out of the bottom, you won't be able to shorten it by editing the alpha -- if you try you'll just a full length moulded skirt in flesh colours. (I know -- I've tried it with shorts!) I'm pretty sure you have Milkshape, so you should be able to look at the mesh. You may even have the meshing skills to fix the problem yourself.

By the way I've come into a few Simoleons, so I think I'll treat myself to a copy of Milkshape. I'd like to try my hand at meshing myself. It would be nice if I could change the shoes on an outfit without having to ask you to do it for me!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#15920 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader

I for one like jealousy because of the drama it can cause in the lives of my sims. Also it makes the game more realistic to me, because jealousy definitely exists in real life.

That's why I like the Romance Mod, it makes most Sims monogamous, but makes Romance Sims ploy-amorous, no matter if they are single or married.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Alchemist
#15921 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 10:04 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 7th Nov 2018 at 11:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I for one like jealousy because of the drama it can cause in the lives of my sims. Also it makes the game more realistic to me, because jealousy definitely exists in real life.

That's why I like the Romance Mod, it makes most Sims monogamous, but makes Romance Sims ploy-amorous, no matter if they are single or married.

That's a good point. I don't care for the domestic violence it seems to inspire but, it's funny that you mention polyamory because, I find, with no jealousy, all my sims act pretty poly, anyway.
Scholar
#15922 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader

I just like the option to turn it on and off when I please, particularly for my Romance sims. Especially if I'm on a lot with a different family and one of my Romance sims are there and I notice one of their many lovers is on that lot as well. I like drama in my game but I also like to play my way, too.
Instructor
#15923 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 10:56 PM Last edited by DrewInTheSky : 7th Nov 2018 at 11:17 PM.
Hey guys, dumb question.
I have a piece of CC in my Download folder that prevents me from interact with the tombstones/urns. I suspect is because of some "decorative" urns I have in the catalog. I'm aware that Michelle made decorative graves, which work perfectly, but the ones I have are named "Here lies %adsfk" (the same name that appears when a character is missing/corrupted).

My question is: do you have any idea about where could have I downloaded these extracted urns? Since I can't find anything similar with the Download Organiser, It would make my life so much easier, rather than going with the 50-50 method...

EDIT: nevermind, apparently they came with a file named "zz_EXTRACTED_BG" - I wonder where did I got it.
Inventor
#15924 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
Hey guys, dumb question.
I have a piece of CC in my Download folder that prevents me from interact with the tombstones/urns. I suspect is because of some "decorative" urns I have in the catalog. I'm aware that Michelle made decorative graves, which work perfectly, but the ones I have are named "Here lies %adsfk" (the same name that appears when a character is missing/corrupted).

My question is: do you have any idea about where could have I downloaded these extracted urns? Since I can't find anything similar with the Download Organiser, It would make my life so much easier, rather than going with the 50-50 method...

I had the same problem once! Did you happen to download this set of extracted base game stuff @DrewInTheSky? After I took this out I was able to click on tombstones again

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Instructor
#15925 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I had the same problem once! Did you happen to download this set of extracted base game stuff @DrewInTheSky? After I took this out I was able to click on tombstones again

YES! That's the one! Thank you so much my dear.

It's such a pity, I love the set. I'll have a look in SimPE and see if I manage to remove the urns/tombstones from the bundle, so we can keep using the rest of the stuff
Page 637 of 1338