Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#6476 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 5:40 PM
This probably belongs in the unpopular opinions thread but, poor sims are more fun to play than rich sims.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6477 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:08 PM
I wonder if the Newson family was made to showcase the "ask to watch kids" feature that was added in AL.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#6478 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:53 PM
Isn't that feature unavailable to them because they're siblings and not parents?
Instructor
#6479 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 6:48 PM
I love Funky the Snowman radio. I think the movements it does are so cute I wish it could play regular radio stations as well, so I could have it year-round and not just when I want Christmas.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#6480 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 8:10 PM
Now that I think about it (and after reading about her on Sims Wikia), Florence Delarosa is the Nigella Lawson of the Sims 2! :O
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6481 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 11:31 PM
How does Florence Delarosa equal Nigella Lawson?? @M.M.A.A. You are talking about the foodie, right?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6482 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
How does Florence Delarosa equal Nigella Lawson?? @M.M.A.A. You are talking about the foodie, right?

Yeah. Idk why it just hit me. A random thought I suppose. Maybe it's because of the dark hair? Plus, in the bio it says she serves the best pasta... And Nigella did a whole book about Italy I think...
Instructor
#6483 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 10:52 PM
That moment when you think to yourself "Life Is Strange would give nice clothing for my Sims!", but then you go to CAS and realise you had LiS clothing for a good while. Then you think "But Life Is Strange scenery would be great for paintings! Especially that Suspense frame... Let me take a couple of gameplay screenshots and use Photo Studio.". As you go to your Suspense painting after solving the GUID conflict that made it impossible to click it, you realise you have about 10 recolours of it which you never noticed because of the conflict. You place the painting, get the good ol' Design tool and, much to your anger because someone beat you to it amusement, the recolours you have are from none other than Life Is Strange... Life indeed Is Strange...

I discovered LiS earlier this week and completely fell in love with it. But turns out I had been using stuff from it before even knowing what it was! Here I was thinking I had a great idea...

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6484 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 12:28 AM
What is "Life is Strange"?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#6485 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 12:46 AM
It's an adventure game. I wasn't super impressed by what I've seen of it but a lot of people like it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6486 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 3:31 AM
It is? LOL, from hearing people mention it on Sims I thought it was a TV show.
Instructor
#6487 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 9:43 AM
Life Is Strange is a graphic adventure game. The graphics, the soundtrack and storyline make it seem like an interactive movie. You follow an 18-year-old photography student who can rewind time (but it is made in a way where you don't feel the game to be a fantasy game, rather a very plausible story with a small quirk). From what I've seen, people either love or hate the game, there's no in between. I'm in the ones who loved it.
If you relate to the characters, they will seem fully fleshed out characters, with a believable plot. If you don't, they'll just seem stupid teenagers, and the plot will be stupid as well.

Forum Resident
#6488 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 10:23 AM
It's a wonderful game, imo. You're faced with a ton of huge and difficult choices and the bonding between the main character, Max, and her best friend, Chloe, is really touching.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It is? LOL, from hearing people mention it on Sims I thought it was a TV show.

Maybe you're thinking of Stranger Things!
Mad Poster
#6489 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
It's a wonderful game, imo. You're faced with a ton of huge and difficult choices and the bonding between the main character, Max, and her best friend, Chloe, is really touching.

Maybe you're thinking of Stranger Things!

I wondered, but nope. http://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post/...-to-sims-2-well
Mad Poster
#6490 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 7:38 PM
My brother-in-law and kids came to visit, and as the kids were all wandering around with electronic things, his fifteen-year-old didn't have one.
Nephew: Can I use that computer? *points to mine*
My 15yo son: The only game my mom plays is Sims.
Nephew: I play Sims!
Me: Which one?
Nephew: Sims 4.
Me: I play Sims 2. Want to try it? I'll open a lightly modded copy . . .

I now have a new neighborhood named "Nephewsdoomanddeath" . . . I really have to wonder what exactly the Sims 4 is like if that's the boy's expectation!

(I figure ACR and Inteen are not to be handed over to nephew, but nounlinkondelete and creaturefixes are still necessary. Thanks to Numenor and AGS!)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#6491 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 6:53 PM
I haven't had a ton of time to play Sims recently, which means I left my Pleasantview alone for about 3 months now. I was playing with rotations, but I was horrible at tracking it so I have no idea where I left off. I'm not really sure how to go about playing this hood again. I really want to because I remember loving how this hood had progressed and I'm attached to certain Sims. (Don is now a changed man, Cassandra's family is adorable, the Burbs twins are my favorite Sims I've ever had)

I think what I may do is play through the rest of the college households and then begin the rotations again and ignoring their ages all being the same. Playing University is so taxing and boring to me so I'm thinking I should stop sending Sims to college and rerolling any "Have 3 children graduate from college" LTWs. I know ages not matching up is going to drive me up a wall, but it's not like the ages HAVE to be realistic. Besides, Nina was a vampire at one point and I have an alien CAS Sim. I'm just rambling now but I need to get over ages not matching up correctly.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6492 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 11:52 PM
@rollingstarr : If you take pictures with the in-game "C" camera (or indeed with FRAPS or some other utility), the date-stamps on your pictures will tell you the order you played your families in. The pictures with the newest dates will be the last family you played.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#6493 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 4:19 PM
rolling star: I do that all the time - taking notes playing a complex hood, then get sidetracked by a new populated hood. Months later I look at all those complex notes & just throw them away. When the game becomes WORK I just walk away.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#6494 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 4:43 PM
After I made my BACC 'hood, I never went back to play my original 'hood. I have several others that were only played a few times...

And now I want to make another! I'm just worried that I'll never open up Kesry again if I go through with this idea. Maybe I can find a way to balance myself lol.

Essentially, I want to make a 'hood revolving around a monarchy. Not medieval per se, because I don't want to deal with all the CC involved there, but essentially ranked like one: Nobles, peasants, and everything in-between, but tweaked to my liking. I'd have to write up a bunch of rules and rolls, which I love doing.

The more I write about this, the more I want to do it. Guess it's time to start up a Google Doc for all the info. I can't wait to go home and get back to my Sims.
Mad Poster
#6495 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 12:13 AM
Instructor
#6496 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 4:21 PM
I'm such a dummy. Yet AGAIN, I messed up my sims aging system. When I tuned it a few months ago, I thought I made the ages the way I want them. However, while playing, I notice that my children were taking forever to age (it shouldn't take 10 days for them to become a teenager). This morning I decided to look at my Agecon.package and write out the ages, so I could get a more detail look of how long it took my sims to age. The ages I had made no sense. Now since I written everything down, I have a clear understanding of how my aging system works. Good grief.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#6497 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 9:04 PM
Today I realised that the reason I don't allow TV's in bedrooms in real life is because I hate when people come in and turn TVs on when people are trying to sleep.... in sims. Literally since I was a kid I never put TVs in my sims bedrooms, and this has just translated into the real world when I was old enough to have my own house.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#6498 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 11:54 PM
Jennifer Burb is currently having an affair with Dustin Broke. This is definitely the strangest pairing I've ever had in any Sims game. Dustin is also still dating Angela.
Forum Resident
#6499 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 12:22 PM
Remeber all that pizzazz i was having with disk space? I solved it and I have 22 GB free on my computer!

...so now i have room for an extra game folder for my medieval game, of course! Medieval Uberhood, here I come (lolnope, I'll grow bored, let's be real.)
Mad Poster
#6500 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 9:55 PM
I have too many houses in my house bin. I got a brilliant idea yesterday, and created a hood full of nothing but the houses I'm not playing/using. When I'm done putting them all in it (after deleting them in the bin) I'll save the folder and have lots of space left in the lot bin for new ones!

Why didn't I think of this before? I dunno, just decided to be smart after a while. I didn't want to save them via Sim2Pack (most of them are that anyway-these are modified by my tastes) and take up more space where I didn't want to use in the first place.

Of course the SC4 terrain I'm using is a huge one, and that's the only way I can do this.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 260 of 511