Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6451 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 6:34 PM
Though I swear it seems like Maxis was dead-set on putting bare midriffs on every outfit they could. Good thing for default replacements.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Theorist
#6452 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 6:39 PM
The midriffs at the very least seem really dated to me. If I'm not completely mistaken those were much more ubiquitous in the early 2000s than today.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Alchemist
#6453 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 6:47 PM
The midriffs and flare legs are dated to me.
Field Researcher
#6454 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 8:53 PM Last edited by Liza : 16th Jul 2018 at 5:41 PM.
For what else I love this game. The fact that it is cheeky and cheerful at the same time. And every animation in the game is saturated with liveliness and mischief. Although this is just 2004 ...

Screenshots
Theorist
#6455 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 10:15 PM
@Liza IDK why, but I love that sim! What's his story?

Also I realized I kind of tend to "breed" brown haired Sims in my neighbourhoods. Since brown is the most common hair colour, by far, among Caucasian people where I live I always feel maxis puts twoo few brown haired Sims in the neighbourhoods (Pleasantview only has two, John and Lucy Burb) This always makes me pair brown haired Sims with each other and produce a larger amount of children. And in my current neighbourhood this just lead to an over-aboundance of brown haired Sims right now :-P For example of the (so far) 9 grandchildren of Bob Snr. and Mags Newbie, 7 have brown hair.

Test Subject
#6456 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 11:58 PM
It kinda bothers me how the skin genetics work, i mean in the way that I have two CAS sims who had twins and the twins both got a different custom skin tone that neither of the parents had?
Mad Poster
#6457 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 12:26 AM
You can fiddle with the genes in SimPE.

If the skin has a genetic value of 0, it will stomp all over any skin with any other value; so if two sims with 0 value skins have a child, it'll be a 50/50 chance of getting one or the other.

Normal skins have genetic values, so that the child of an S4 sim and an S1 sim can have either those skins or any that fall between the two ranges, just as the child of a black person and a white person can be any shade of brown in between, and this is clearly preferable. But custom geneticized skins will be scaled according to the taste and use of the maker, so while you only have one set of skins it'll probably make sense, but once you start downloading new sets for whatever reason you may start getting results that don't look right to you. The solution to this is to modify the genetic values of the skins so that they make sense for your game.

First, you compare each skin to all the other skins and arrange them from lightest (lowest genetic value) to darkest (highest genetic value).
Next, open each skin in SimPE and note down the genetic value numbers and write them down opposite the skins in your lightest-darkest arrangement.
Third, note which genetic values don't match their position on your arrangement, and figure out what value would bring them into their proper place.
Fourth, change each skin's value to what you want, not forgetting to commit and save for each one. Any skin that you want to only appear on children of sims who have that skin color should be changed to 0.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#6458 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You can fiddle with the genes in SimPE.

If the skin has a genetic value of 0, it will stomp all over any skin with any other value; so if two sims with 0 value skins have a child, it'll be a 50/50 chance of getting one or the other.

Normal skins have genetic values, so that the child of an S4 sim and an S1 sim can have either those skins or any that fall between the two ranges, just as the child of a black person and a white person can be any shade of brown in between, and this is clearly preferable. But custom geneticized skins will be scaled according to the taste and use of the maker, so while you only have one set of skins it'll probably make sense, but once you start downloading new sets for whatever reason you may start getting results that don't look right to you. The solution to this is to modify the genetic values of the skins so that they make sense for your game.

First, you compare each skin to all the other skins and arrange them from lightest (lowest genetic value) to darkest (highest genetic value).
Next, open each skin in SimPE and note down the genetic value numbers and write them down opposite the skins in your lightest-darkest arrangement.
Third, note which genetic values don't match their position on your arrangement, and figure out what value would bring them into their proper place.
Fourth, change each skin's value to what you want, not forgetting to commit and save for each one. Any skin that you want to only appear on children of sims who have that skin color should be changed to 0.

Thank you so much!
Scholar
#6459 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 12:47 AM
idk where else to put this but I just wanted to say I just downloaded FreeSO and It's like crack to me now lol

For those that don't know, it's a free fan version of The Sims Online.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Theorist
#6460 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
idk where else to put this but I just wanted to say I just downloaded FreeSO and It's like crack to me now lol

For those that don't know, it's a free fan version of The Sims Online.

If you want to find in-game contacts, there is a Free Sims Online thread in the Sims 1 section, but I'm sure how active that one is...

Scholar
#6461 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 10:52 AM
i've sort of...began to get bored of sims 2 but it's my favorite game,is there anyway to make it more interesting?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#6462 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
i've sort of...began to get bored of sims 2 but it's my favorite game,is there anyway to make it more interesting?

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=334957

Or just take a break from it. Nothing wrong with that.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#6463 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
@Liza IDK why, but I love that sim! What's his story?

His name is Eitan Custom. He is one of four brothers who had to escape to my megahood, because one of the brothers destroyed by their actions the company that invested in the development of their business.
Eitan second brother of the four. He is very kind, cheerful and very hardworking( Have Fortune Aspiration). Now he is getting a job helping one of Elsewhere's new residents with a store that already brings a good income.
Field Researcher
#6464 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 9:21 PM Last edited by budwinys : 15th Jul 2018 at 9:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
The midriffs at the very least seem really dated to me. If I'm not completely mistaken those were much more ubiquitous in the early 2000s than today.

The midriff thing is coming back. The look is less "my shirt shrunk in the wash" and more "I cut my normal shirt halfway off with a pair of scissors", but it's here again. Which, I'm not gonna lie, TS4 creators really like crop tops and most of them are in my game right now. My sims 2 sims have more styles to choose from, though.

Speaking of TS4, I have a random thought of my own. I enjoy it well enough; it's my "casual" sims game. I like the CAS options and some of the building options, and it's nice to have things like tablets and the "nap" interaction on a bed. But playing it has made me discover the real reason I keep coming back to TS2- the sims. TS4 sims have traits and diverse looks, sure, but at their core they seem like the same sim. They're somehow unresponsive and over-animated at the same time. They're all inclined to do the same autonomous interactions as any other sim. For example, if I make two sims and they're both good, perfectionists, and loners, they'll act identical.

TS2 sims, on the other hand, seem like their own unique selves no matter what. For instance, I have a child sim who has very few nice points, but she still rolls wants to make friends. She isn't mean, she just keeps to herself. There will be other sims with the same amount of nice points who pick fights with others and generally be nasty. Some sims get along with others who have completely different interests than them, and others barely want to talk to one another with similar interests. If a sim I play is in a corrupted neighborhood, they're gone. I can extract their appearance, but.. it's like their little pixel soul is gone, and there's a different one in them. TS4 sims can just be plopped down from the gallery and seem exactly the same. I have no idea what exactly controls this (maybe nothing, maybe it's my imagination), but regardless they seem more like people than the sims in the later installments. This, combined with their superior animations (2004 sims move more realistically than 2014 sims? Smoother doesn't equal more realistic, guys) will make them my favorites forever.
Instructor
#6465 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:08 PM
The best thing about the UC are @Zarathustra 's awesome lots.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Forum Resident
#6466 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:28 PM
Cleaning up one's Download folder was easier than I thought... Maybe it helped I only had 2GB to clean up in... I don't like to come over 2GB in my downloads so I do all I can to keep it below >_> But sometimes I just can't resist all those colorful recolors out there

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
#6467 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by budwinys
But playing it has made me discover the real reason I keep coming back to TS2- the sims. TS4 sims have traits and diverse looks, sure, but at their core they seem like the same sim. They're somehow unresponsive and over-animated at the same time. They're all inclined to do the same autonomous interactions as any other sim. For example, if I make two sims and they're both good, perfectionists, and loners, they'll act identical.

TS2 sims, on the other hand, seem like their own unique selves no matter what. For instance, I have a child sim who has very few nice points, but she still rolls wants to make friends. She isn't mean, she just keeps to herself. There will be other sims with the same amount of nice points who pick fights with others and generally be nasty.

This. I tried playing TS3 and it was the same problem you mention above, and I quickly got bored. TS2 sims can still surprise you, TS3 and TS4 sims cannot.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Instructor
#6468 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 12:59 AM
I am soooo tired of annoying customers!

- I would like to speak with the manager...
- Go ahead.
- I hate one of your staff members!
- Sorry ma'am, there's nothing I can do. He's like, the owner of this place...
- Ugh!
*loses customer happiness*
*20 Sim-minutes later*
- I would like to speak with the manager...
- Go ahead.
- I hate one of your staff members!
- Sorry ma'am, there's nothing I can do. He's like, the owner of this place...
- Ugh!
*loses customer happiness*
*20 Sim-minutes later*
*rewind repeat*
Like, chill Deborah, I already know you don't like him. Go away at once!

Seriously though, I'm sick and tired of constantly having to deal with complaints about the owner of a community lot. Not only do the complaining Sims lose stars - and fast! They complain non-stop! -, the other Sims also do, as now my cashier is busy listening to your damn problems. This kind of Sims have single-handedly downgraded one of businesses from 6 stars to 5, and unless they quit whining I'll have to ban them with the Visitor Controller.

That, and Sims who come to my store to slap other customers. Security, come here!

Top Secret Researcher
#6469 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 1:28 AM
I've started recolouring some wallpapers that I never use because they're so hideous, like the Sporty blue and orange and the Beachy keen with red stripe. Just yuck. Anything to put off housework it seems.
Mad Poster
#6470 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 2:15 AM
There's mods for that, Yvelotic.

You can also ask problem sims to leave.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6471 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 3:38 AM
@yavannatw No need to put up with that since it's broken. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,7026.0.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#6472 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@yavannatw No need to put up with that since it's broken. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,7026.0.html

I think you mean @Yvelotic2001
Mad Poster
#6473 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 5:58 AM
It's always a bit odd when someone necros an old thread and you don't notice the date at first so it's like "where did all you guys come from?"

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6474 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 7:02 AM
@Yvelotic2001 mod link above to stop that nonsense.

@yavannatw lol yep, stop having such similar names!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#6475 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 1:59 PM
Thanks Jo, I'll put that mod in my game.

Page 259 of 515