Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#251 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 3:57 PM
I'm getting something that says this:

"The web page at [ ] can not be loaded as
The server refused the connection"

Huh?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FifthAce2007
Getting annoyed now.

No I'm not happy with it, thanks for letting me know.

Upon first visiting that link I recieved a logged in error so decided it was time to register, after registering I recieved a permissions error which led me to the conclusion that the content is hidden behind the subscription.

I've emailed the host again:

Will let you know of any response.

I'll re-remove them once the site becomes accessible again.
I'll continue to delete for those who want their work deleted, but beyond that I think I have stuck my neck out enough at this point.
It seems no matter how much work/hours I put into this, more just keeps piling on.
Instructor
#253 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meline
I'll re-remove them once the site becomes accessible again.
I'll continue to delete for those who want their work deleted, but beyond that I think I have stuck my neck out enough at this point.
It seems no matter how much work/hours I put into this, more just keeps piling on.

Don't worry about it, it isn't your responsability

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Test Subject
#254 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 6:31 PM

They should be gone
Scholar
#255 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 6:39 PM
They should be gone

...until he re-uploads them under the name "Vinyl."
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#256 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 6:50 PM
They indeed look very gone for me .. so does everything else.

Technical issue or did the host make a decision?
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#257 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 6:59 PM
@meline - if the site IS gone and you are looking for a site where you can get involved and have fun with your sims - that site is right here. We would not "hold it against you" re sims4forum

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Scholar
#258 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
They indeed look very gone for me .. so does everything else.

Technical issue or did the host make a decision?

The site is still there.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#259 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:09 PM
Sure it's not cached? Because I now get "Unable to connect - Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at sims4forum.com" and that I only see when either my connection is down (which it obviously isn't) or when a site is .. well, gone. At least temporarily.

But we'll see what our friend JustListen has to say, they're currently replying to this thread ..

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#260 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
@meline - if the site IS gone and you are looking for a site where you can get involved and have fun with your sims - that site is right here. We would not "hold it against you" re sims4forum

/me gets out eraser
meline - whether or not the site is gone, if you are looking for a site where you can get involved and have fun with your sims - that site is right here. We would not "hold it against you" re sims4forum

There! Fixed it for you, Lee!

Btw, the site isn't gone. It must've just come back up in the last 20 minutes or so.
Test Subject
#261 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish

That's really kind of you to say
To be honest with you, I used to frequent this site a lot during the late Sims 2/early Sims 3 days.
Just never really got involved in the entire Sims community.
Which will (hopefully) change.
Lab Assistant
#262 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:13 PM
I think maybe you guys are IP blocked? I see the site just fine. I can navigate to pages I haven't navigated to before (which would not have been cached). Vinyl's uploads are still there in all it's uncredited and stolen glory in case you were wondering.
Scholar
#263 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:14 PM Last edited by tsyokawe : 30th Sep 2014 at 7:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Sure it's not cached? Because I now get "Unable to connect - Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at sims4forum.com" and that I only see when either my connection is down (which it obviously isn't) or when a site is .. well, gone. At least temporarily.

But we'll see what our friend JustListen has to say, they're currently replying to this thread ..

How can I tell if it's cached? I've refreshed the page, but it still shows a proper page...

eta: I just opened my Mozilla, and went there, and I still get a proper page.

Maybe he doesn't want anyone with skills to access and download his stolen CC.
He realizes you can expose him for the slippery shit of a toad that he is.*

* this remark is not intended to disparage toads.
Lab Assistant
#264 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:16 PM
I'm afraid I can see it, too. Albeit in some sort of "lost in time and space" mode (takes an eternity to load). Has been that way for quite a while for me ...
Test Subject
#265 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:21 PM

The file was soft deleted along with the rest of them that were removed by myself and meline to get them taken down straight away.... that's why you're getting a message saying you don't have permission to access it as only staff can see it for now until it's permanently deleted. Do you really think that little of me, or hate me so much to assume I am secretly going behind everyones back and supposedly 'hiding your content behind a paywall' I liked your content... but I wouldn't stoop to such a level to disrespect you after you specifically asked to have your content removed since that is your RIGHT.
Reporting me to Paypal sending them false claims that i'm selling your copyrighted behind your back, is a pretty malicious and spiteful thing to do. Fair enough maybe you assumed that's what was happening but instead of asking on here or contacting me/waiting for an explanation you just act.... sigh. I have complied with your request I have no interest in hosting your content after your accusations, don't worry about that... I'm frustrated you've just assumed something, falsely reported me on the assumption I'm some sneaky bastard who'll go to any length not to remove your wedding dresses in particular.

As for the site, it's been down for most of the day intentionally... for some unexpected maintenance and I ran into some issues.... had to revert a few things back for now. It's nothing to do with our host shutting us down. They had nothing to do with it.

I am back from work also, so i'll begin following through on all the promises I made last night now I have time to focus on that. Starting with this Vinyl character.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#266 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:23 PM
OK on the third try I can connect via tor but not via Firefox. Dunno if that is a lingering technical issue or what. (I don't think IP ban because the first two tor IPs were godknowswhat .. nobody IP blocks half the planet)

Anyhow, carry on! Not like I'm overly keen on visiting that site anyway =P

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#267 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:34 PM
Quote:
I am back from work also, so i'll begin following through on all the promises I made last night now I have time to focus on that. Starting with this Vinyl character.

Chris: exactly what are you planning on doing with "this Vinyl character"? I take it this means that you believe she stole Shimrod's mod, changed the name and uploaded it as her own? (No need to answer me really.)
Test Subject
#268 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dHWTIii.png

There is about 3 pages of this.
It looks like he has deleted every resource he has ever posted on his name.
Test Subject
#269 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Chris: exactly what are you planning on doing with "this Vinyl character"? I take it this means that you believe she stole Shimrod's mod, changed the name and uploaded it as her own? (No need to answer me really.)

The best plan of action is if noeone can confirm for sure that they are identical or not is i'll soft delete Vinyls mods for now and email him or her and ask them for clarification. It wont go back up unless Vinyl has proof it was him that made his own version.
Test Subject
#270 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dHWTIii.png

There is about 3 pages of this.

Gigi soft-deleted them until we can amend them and remove the pasted content Meline
Scholar
#271 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:50 PM Last edited by tsyokawe : 30th Sep 2014 at 8:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz

Why are his posts invisible to me? I can't find his name in this thread anymore...even though on my subscription page, he made the last post...I even clicked on his nickname, and when I got to his profile page, and click on find more posts, it said sorry no matches.

eta: It's obvious that moderators are able to read and respond to Chris Mayberry's posts. They aren't showing up for me.
I see only responses to what I assume are his posts, but not the posts themselves.

And even via his profile page, I am unable to access his posts!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#272 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:56 PM
According to her profile, Vinyl's a she. Which means I'm pretty damned sure Vinyl isn't Shimrod under a different name at your forum and is sharing his mods.. wait, wait. I'm not even going to go there because I know that's not true. Shimrod doesn't want his content connected with your site in any way at all.

As to whether or not Vinyl made that mod, you can see my earlier posts. And you can see that nobody has said "Nah, that doesn't mean a thing".

Has this whole ordeal left you with a bad taste in your mouth? You want nothing to do with MTS now? Good. Serves you right. Reckon that's what happens when you piss off a whole lot of people all at once by doing what you did. It was wrong, now you know better (you knew better to begin with but whatever) and.. and? Instead of soft-deleting the posts, delete them. HARD. You'd be pretty hard pressed to find anyone here who wants anything to do with your forum in any way now.
Scholar
#273 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:56 PM
I still can't get in!
Anyone else getting a message about the server timing out?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#274 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:03 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 30th Sep 2014 at 9:45 PM.

Like he should have done RIGHT AWAY. That would have saved everyone a lot of time.

(Not every resource btw, that one age old version of ColorMagic is still there .. but I guess @granthes will smack him about that sooner or later, I know he requested removal a LONG time ago. Way before the old thread in Discussion even started.)

On that note, I think we can close this thread? Mission accomplished =).

Scholar
#275 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
I still can't get in!
Anyone else getting a message about the server timing out?

I refreshed, it loaded up immediately for me.

Btw, I went back to the Stand Still in CAS page to see if Chris removed it. He didn't.

But I did find this.

Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: thread staying closed right now , if anything comes up, send me or plasticbox a PM.
Page 11 of 12