Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#351 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:15 PM
Numenor, you're right, it is outdated.

I couldn't follow it.

It was either because I did something wrong, or the program has changed so much I can't follow the procedure in the tutorial.

Is there a newer version of it, maybe with the new version of the program?
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#352 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sharpiemini
Numenor, you're right, it is outdated.

Lol, didn't you trust my word? -
But I'm right on another point too: this thread is still a valid source of information

Basically, when you want to create a recolourable object, you have to do two things:

1) Choose the right object to clone, i.e. a Maxis object of the same type of the one you want to create (a Maxis chair, if you want to create a custom chair, etc); it should possibly have the same number of recolourable parts (one or two) that you like to have in your new object (you can see howm many recolourable parts has a MAxis object by looking at the buy catalog: one row of icons means one recolourable parts; two rows of icons, mean two recolourable parts).

2) Choose the right cloning options. This is the only part where the screenshots in this thread are really outdated. But if you read this thread, you will find a complete explanation of the possible cloning options, as well as a comparison between the old and the new Object Workshop.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#353 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 9:53 PM Last edited by nelson_ts2fan_loco : 4th Mar 2007 at 10:00 PM.
Numenor, before I read this tutorial, I have to ask you: Do you have a tutorial related to SimPe, version 60? I have that version, and I always find tutorial with lower versions.
I always find my way to relate the differences with the tutorial and my version; but I feel that I'm learning in a slow way.
If you have a tutorial with that SimPE version, please tell me.

Oh, one mor thing.... I made a clone of the Red vs. Blue painting. I want to recolour it... and hitherto, tutorials only tell you the recolour of recently cloned objects. It sounds weird, I know...my explanation is sort of like this:
-I clone the object, and start changing it's BHAV's...and when I want to recolour it, I don't know where to start. I tried to start with the object workshop and looking for my new object, but I can't find it.
Thats why I cant recolour my new project. Can you help?
Bye.

NOTE: nelson_ts2fan_loco is not my name anymore
my real name is Nel
N-E-L
Thank you for your attention
Part-time Hermit
#354 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 5:06 AM
Most clones should be automatically recolorable if you created them along the lines of JWoods object creation tutorial. For most paintings to be recolorable you need to have the CEP correctly installed while cloning it (and the CEP files selected in your SimPE files table). Also, you need to make sure to update the MMATs with the new main GUID.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#355 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 8:37 AM
Nelson, for what concerns this tutorial, the changes made to SimPE are cosmetic: apart from some exterior differences (read my reply to Sharpiemini, above) there are no funcional differences. I just can't renew all the screenshots of all my tutorials every time SimPE has a graphical modification; but I generally keep an eye at the content of my tutorials, so to be sure that they are always compatible with the newer SimPE versions.

As for your painting, I second the suggestions given by IgnorantBliss; also, in order to recolour your clone you have to open Object Workshop and click the button "Open..." (and not the normal "Start"); then browse to where you have saved your clone.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#356 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 7:19 AM
Default How to I start ?
Hi everyone

I would just like to know what package (program) do I use
to create a Sims 2 object from scratch
Part-time Hermit
#357 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 9:57 AM
See JWoods' start to finish object tutorial, that'll explain you all the basics about object creation.
Test Subject
#358 Old 3rd May 2007 at 5:08 PM
Default Confusion
i dont get where you got the program to open the 'CEP database spreadsheet'. sorry if i sound stupid asking... i kinda am... but i want to learn so i can make some objects to show my friends.

-x-Mint-x-
Part-time Hermit
#359 Old 3rd May 2007 at 7:47 PM
In the CEP thread you can download the CEP documentation, which comes in both PDF and XLS format. The PDF you can open with Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader. For the XLS you need something like Excel Viewer or Open Office.
Test Subject
#360 Old 6th May 2007 at 6:02 PM
Hi, I don't think this is totally related to this but I have one problem hope you guys can help.

When I tried to clone the Kelvin Stein Nightlife cologne bottle, how come the Texture is not in the ResourceTree? How can i add a texture to my new meshed bottle then?

~Charlie

I Do not take ANY requests!

Visit my TSR FA site!
Part-time Hermit
#361 Old 6th May 2007 at 6:21 PM
The bottle has no texture file, only Material Definitions. If you clone the bottle you can edit the value for stdMatDiffCoef to alter the color, but you can only do solid colors that way, no patterns. The bottle is not recolorable, so the only way to adjust the color is to clone it. Since the perfume bottle is a kind of a special object, I don't know how cloning it works, what it takes to make a functional clone.
Test Subject
#362 Old 6th May 2007 at 6:30 PM
http://www.glamorouslounge.net/ achieved it, but I'm not sure how. I opened the file and it is cloned from the original nightlife bottle. Wonder how it is done?

Thanks

~Charlie

I Do not take ANY requests!

Visit my TSR FA site!
Lab Assistant
#363 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 1:15 AM
Thnx Numenor!

That was good mini tutorial. Even though I'm probably not going to it! I just printed the meshing for hair tutorial by Dr. Pixel.

When you jump on your way down why do you ask yourself why did you jump?
Sometimes the quote 'think before you leap' comes in handy at that point
If you happen to see me down there you'll know I wasn't following my advice
Then we all know what happens...SPLAT!
Test Subject
#364 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 9:35 PM
Thanks!
your a big help
Lab Assistant
#365 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 10:28 PM
my brain hurts but i think i got it.although not what i was looking for but its one step closer.
Lab Assistant
#366 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 6:03 PM
What version of SimPE did you use?
Field Researcher
#367 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
The bottle has no texture file, only Material Definitions. If you clone the bottle you can edit the value for stdMatDiffCoef to alter the color, but you can only do solid colors that way, no patterns. The bottle is not recolorable, so the only way to adjust the color is to clone it. Since the perfume bottle is a kind of a special object, I don't know how cloning it works, what it takes to make a functional clone.

In my limited experience of these types of 'odd' objects which aren't available in the Build/Buy catalogs, they don't tend to have Material Overrides or the appropriate Geometric Node entries. If there's no texture entry and the existing material definition doesn't have a standard material texture specified then there's a lot to do. Ignorant Bliss is certainly correct that this can only be done by cloning if you want to pull the bottle out, however even once you've added your texture its unlikely your object can be recoloured again without considerable extra fiddling about, adding a material override, adding the required entries in the GMND. I'd suggest if Glamourous Lounge has a recolourable one that works you try asking them if you can recolour that to save yourself a big headache

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
Test Subject
#368 Old 25th May 2008 at 5:31 AM
I am so lost. ummm where do i even go to start...?? I'm really stupid!!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#369 Old 25th May 2008 at 8:15 AM
Hey Steph

Where to start depends on what you want to do. Why don't you take a look at this, and see if it helps?
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ding_Start_Here
Test Subject
#370 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 4:14 AM
Hmm, in my simPE, in the Object Workshop window, when I click on START, I only get two objects to choose from and they are RockLarge and RockSmall sculpture under decorative - miscellaneous. Yes, I have waited a very long time and still, I get nothing else to choose from but those two. What have I done wrong? Is there a way to fix it?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#371 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 11:02 AM
Go to Extra -> Preferences -> File Table and click "Reset". Then RESTART SimPE.
This should fix the problem.

Test Subject
#372 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 7:27 PM
:(
Quote:
Go to Extra -> Preferences -> File Table and click "Reset". Then RESTART SimPE.

Thanks for trying to help, but I did exactly that and restarted SimPE, but still when I opened up Object Workshop again and clicked start, I got the same thing as before, two choices, RockLarge and RockSmall . It's so weird. What else can I do?
Screenshots
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#373 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 11:06 PM
Uhm... First off, you should double check that the paths to the various EPs are correct. Go to Extra -> Preferences -> System Folders and carefully check if the paths listed there are all correct.

Then (still in the preferences) select the System Check button on the left, and then the "Run Check" on the right; wait for the test to finish (all the three marks should turn green).

Lastly, go to the File Table and check if all the EPs are checked except the "stories" ones: if you check one of the "Stories" games, all the normal EPs get automatically deselected.
If the File table looks correct, look in the lower part of the file table ("Advanced Settings"): UNCHECK the one or two lines mentioning the "zCEP-Extra" and then RESTART SimPE.

Test Subject
#374 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 3:15 PM
It worked!
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#375 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 5:34 PM
Sorry for being stupid but How can I use Wings3D?
I can't make anything!!! I try to add something but it didn't works!
Erm..... with the http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=85042
Page 15 of 15