Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 1:22 PM
Default Installing a new world without the launcher?
I am trying to avoid using the Launcher ... is there any way at all to install a new world (EA or custom) without using the Launcher?

(and I am a total dork - never know which category to select, so hope I got this right or even if I'm in the right place at all).
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 1:25 PM
You can try 3Viewer: http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=466

But I would just use the Launcher if you can - I haven't had any luck with worlds in 3viewer.

Whatever you do, don't try to do 'em as .package files - worlds are one of those things that Do Not Work if extracted from .sims3pack to .package.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 3:29 PM
Qkay, thanks! I will go ahead with the Launcher for Worlds ... any only Worlds.
Site Helper
#4 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 4:50 PM
Patterns are the other thing you might want to use the Launcher for. Unless I'm mis-remembering the fact that the ones made with the EA Create a Pattern tool don't extract well, and end up being more trouble than they were worth.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 5:15 PM
Didn't realize this. I've got a few patterns which I placed in-game as package files. Adding this to the list to check. Thank you.
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 7:30 PM
Same goes for kitchen cabinets. There have been issues of cabinets installed as packages not functioning properly for things like placing sinks. Someone please explain that weird behavior to me.
Theorist
#7 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Same goes for kitchen cabinets. There have been issues of cabinets installed as packages not functioning properly for things like placing sinks. Someone please explain that weird behavior to me.

I know. A million CC creators didn't have that issue, yet EA did.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 11:28 PM
Ghost - Thanks for the tip about the Patterns. I was having excessive load times and when I pulled the Patterns out -- al of which I'd installed as package files and not via the Launcher, that load went from 30+ minutes to 7 from boot to home lot. Yay!

Wow. That's strange about the kitchen cabinets. Guess I'll have to reconsider trying to avoid using the Launcher, after all.