Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 1:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Two problems!
Ok, let's see two problems with the game, so as not to make two threads I will make one, and I hope you can help me, the first one is a while ago, I had a game of the sims, with many things downloaded, it took me longer to load the game 25 minutes, so I decided to start again... ok, in that game there were custom careers , and I copied some, there is a "UK Police", that one I remember had custom uniforms and cars, etc. But I don't know where to download it I have seen the 39 pages of this website of all the careers and that one is not there!!.. My sim girl went to work on foot, it was late and she doesn't come back, she doesn't come home, how do I bring her back? ...try the inseminator transporter, but he says he's at work and running out of needs...
Ok, problem two, in that same house I have 3 children, one has already become a teenager and the bus brings her back without problems, but the children, when they leave the bus, their homework or the bus is erased, it is very strange! I thought that their school grades would go down, but no, they have good grades... How can I solve it? It never happened to me!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Missdabone
Ok, let's see two problems with the game, so as not to make two threads I will make one, and I hope you can help me, the first one is a while ago, I had a game of the sims, with many things downloaded, it took me longer to load the game 25 minutes, so I decided to start again... ok, in that game there were custom careers , and I copied some, there is a "UK Police", that one I remember had custom uniforms and cars, etc. But I don't know where to download it I have seen the 39 pages of this website of all the careers and that one is not there!!.. My sim girl went to work on foot, it was late and she doesn't come back, she doesn't come home, how do I bring her back? ...try the inseminator transporter, but he says he's at work and running out of needs...
Ok, problem two, in that same house I have 3 children, one has already become a teenager and the bus brings her back without problems, but the children, when they leave the bus, their homework or the bus is erased, it is very strange! I thought that their school grades would go down, but no, they have good grades... How can I solve it? It never happened to me!

This all sounds like the lot is bugged. Evict the family and move them to a new home. If the Sim doesnt come home from work, that might be because the vehicle portal I'm assuming is glitched? Problem 2 is the same. Weird things can happen to weird lots. Are your Sims living in that trailer park apartment from AL? Because EAxis messed that up big time.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 12:39 PM
In the end, if the sim arrived home, but the bus stays the same, homework/schoolwork disappears and so does the bus (only when it brings them home, not when they go). The lot is a normal house, it is not an apartment. So should move the family?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 12:57 PM
Have you tried turning testing cheats on and seeing what the error log says?
Instructor
#5 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 1:07 PM
In the end, if the sim arrived home, but the bus stays the same, homework/schoolwork disappears and so does the bus (only when it brings them home, not when they go). The lot is a normal house, it is not an apartment. So should move the family?

Before you move the family, do what Charity said. There must be some kind of bug in the lot. What is the lot's name? Is it a CC lot? An EAxis lot? Or a lot you made?

Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 6:32 PM
ok, I moved the family to the same lot, I have it in the catalog and the same thing happens, how do I do the error log thing?... I don't understand how this happens... thanks for the help
Instructor
#7 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 6:51 PM
ok, I moved the family to the same lot, I have it in the catalog and the same thing happens, how do I do the error log thing?... I don't understand how this happens... thanks for the help

Here's what you need to do:
For the error log, press Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheat console and type in this: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
After that, check when the problem happens if an error pops up. It will say "Object Error" at the top and then some error information.
Close the game and go to your userdata folder (EA Games -> The Sims 2) and search for a folder there named "Logs".
Once you've found it, open it and find the Object Error text file that happened. You can find it by checking the date of the file created/modified. If it has this day's date, then it's the error log that happened this time.
Open the error log text file and copy paste what it says here on MTS in a post. This way, we can find out what is happening if an error is popping up and resetting stuff.

For the lot, I need the name of the lot. You said that it was in the lot bin. Is it a downloaded lot, an EAxis lot that exists in the game by default, or a lot you made yourself and moved it to the lot bin? If it's an EAxis lot, tell me the name of it.
I also need you to move the family out and move them back in another lot, not the lot that is supposedly bugged.

Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 7:48 PM
Hello, I did that and the error occurred when a teenage sim got off the bus, I think the error is that sim... I'll give you the log to see what we can do.
Hera es el nombre del sim
Build: 1.17.0.66
at Oct 11 2008,15:12:07

Object id: 437
name: G001_User00892 - Hera
Stack size: 7
Error: Reference to tree tree parameter when no parameter exists.
Iterations: 60
Frame 6:
Stack Object id: 914
Node: 32
Tree: id 8242 name 'Interaction - Report Card' version -32726
from JobDataSchoolGlobals
Prim state: 0
Params: 437 Locals: 922 0 121 0 81 0 0 2
Frame 5:
Stack Object id: 81
Stack Object name: JobData - School - Private
Node: 47
Tree: id 8218 name 'Interaction - At School' version -32716
Params: 120 Locals: 6 120 0 13 1 81 1 12 0 0 0 0 0 0
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 437
Stack Object name: G001_User00892 - Hera
Node: 5
Tree: id 281 name 'Wait For Notify' version 8
from global
Prim state: 1
Params: 0 1 Locals:
Frame 3:
Node: 1
Tree: id 8282 name 'Function - Main - Check Queue' version 50
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 547
Frame 2:
Node: 2
Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 96
from PersonGlobals
Params: 5 20 1 Locals: 0
Frame 1:
Node: 6
Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 118
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 5 20 0
Screenshots
Instructor
#9 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 8:00 PM
Hello, I did that and the error occurred when a teenage sim got off the bus, I think the error is that sim... I'll give you the log to see what we can do.
Hera es el nombre del sim
Build: 1.17.0.66
at Oct 11 2008,15:12:07

Object id: 437
name: G001_User00892 - Hera
Stack size: 7
Error: Reference to tree tree parameter when no parameter exists.
Iterations: 60
Frame 6:
Stack Object id: 914
Node: 32
Tree: id 8242 name 'Interaction - Report Card' version -32726
Params: 437 Locals: 922 0 121 0 81 0 0 2
Frame 5:
Stack Object id: 81
Stack Object name: JobData - School - Private
Node: 47
Tree: id 8218 name 'Interaction - At School' version -32716
Params: 120 Locals: 6 120 0 13 1 81 1 12 0 0 0 0 0 0
Frame 4:
Node: 5
Tree: id 281 name 'Wait For Notify' version 8
from global
Prim state: 1
Params: 0 1 Locals:
Frame 3:
Node: 1
Tree: id 8282 name 'Function - Main - Check Queue' version 50
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 547
Frame 2:
Node: 2
Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 96
from PersonGlobals
Params: 5 20 1 Locals: 0
Frame 1:
Node: 6
Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 118
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 5 20 0

Edit: Okay, this is definitely a problem because of the Sim not having any parents to cheer about their report card to when they get an A+. Check if the Sim has a report card of A+ and an adult exists in the family. There was a Reddit post where a person was having the exact same problem as Ophelia from Strangetown was trying to cheer about her report card to her nonexistent parents
They linked to here for a fix.

Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 11:59 PM
Ah, that's it! She is the daughter of a SIM who died and he was abducted by aliens twice, that was it! Thank you, before opening another thread, could you tell me how to make a shortcut so that the tricks are easier to write? They told me about it, but I can't find anything, (since English is not my native language), I mean , you type an abbreviation and that trick is activated. You know what I'm talking about?
Instructor
#11 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 8:42 AM
Ah, that's it! She is the daughter of a SIM who died and he was abducted by aliens twice, that was it! Thank you, before opening another thread, could you tell me how to make a shortcut so that the tricks are easier to write? They told me about it, but I can't find anything, (since English is not my native language), I mean , you type an abbreviation and that trick is activated. You know what I'm talking about?

There is a file you can make called userstartup.cheat and it enables you to shorten cheatcodes, or even have them on by default once you open the game. This is how you can create it:

Go to your EA Games -> The Sims 2 -> Config folder. If there is a file named userstartup.cheat, then open it with notepad . If there isn't create one with the same name: It NEEDS to be called userStartup.cheat or else it won't work. After that, open it with notepad and enter the following text:
Code:
alias textstring "cheat command" "short description" "long description"
  • alias must always be typed.
  • cheatcommand is the name of the cheat you want to abbreviate.
  • short description is optional. It's the brief description that appears in the help command.
  • long description is the optional bigger description that also appears when you enter the command help.
The textstring text is the abbrevation you want to use.
Make sure the quotation marks are there and everything is correctly formatted. Now you're done!
Once you open your game, instead of the cheat name, the alias name will be the actual code to type in the cheat console. :D
By the way, has problem 1 been solved?

Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 3:35 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Feb 2024 at 3:56 PM.
Some cheats for your UserStartup file - you likely don't need all of them. The actual alias can be changed for something you're more comfortable with (make sure you use different aliases for everything, and it's a good idea to keep the ones you use the most short and easy to remember)

(Delete any lines in bolded text below, as keeping them can cause issues - they're just there for information. Copy the lines you want to use. The ones at the top without aliases can be used as "always on").

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true (Only works with , . rotation)
boolprop controlpets true
boolprop petactioncancel true
boolProp QuarterTilePlacementEnabled true (This one needs activation/deactivation with Ctrl+F, but works as always on)

alias mn "moveObjects on"
alias mf "moveObjects off"
(Can NOT be used as always on, needs to be an alias!)

alias sn "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false"
alias sf "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true"

alias hf "showHeadlines off"
alias hn "showHeadlines on"

alias pf "Plumbbobtoggle off"
alias pn "Plumbbobtoggle on"

alias ton "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true"
alias tof "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false"
(Can be always on, see above. On your own risk since it enables debug, but doesn't cause issues on its own)

alias lon "boolprop allobjectlightson true"
alias lof "boolprop allobjectlightson false"

alias peton "boolProp controlpets on" "makes pets controllable"
alias petoff "boolProp controlpets off"
alias petcancel "boolprop PetActionCancel true" "cancels actions"
alias petcancelof "boolprop PetActionCancel false"
(Both can be always on, see cheat above)

alias qn "boolProp QuarterTilePlacementEnabled true" "allows placement objects offset from the grid in quarter tile increments activate by using Ctrl+F"
alias qf "boolProp QuarterTilePlacementEnabled false"
(you don't need this one as an alias if the "always on" Quartertile cheat above works for you)

alias qn "setQuarterTilePlacement on" "allows placement objects offset from the grid in quarter tile increments activate by using Ctrl+F"
alias qf "setQuarterTilePlacement off"
(OLD VERSION of the cheat - you don't need this one as an alias if the "always on" Quartertile cheat above works for you)

alias gon "boolprop showFloorGrid true"
alias gof "boolprop showFloorGrid false"

alias apt "changeLotZoning apartmentbase"
alias res "changeLotZoning residential"
alias comm "changeLotZoning community"
alias greek "changeLotZoning greek"
alias dorm "changeLotZoning dorm"
alias secret "changeLotZoning secretsociety"
alias hotel "changeLotZoning hotel"

alias aptoff "boolProp aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled true" "disallows placement outside apt"
alias apton "boolProp aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled false" "allows placement outside apt"
alias aptyes "boolProp aptBaseLotSpecificToolsdisabled false" "enables build mode"
alias aptno "boolProp aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled true" "disables build mode"
alias lothigh "changeLotClassification high" "sets lot class value to high"
alias lotmid "changeLotClassification middle" "sets lot class value to middle"
alias lotlow "changeLotClassification low" "sets lot class value to low"
alias clearlot "clearLotClassValue" "Clears lot class value"

alias ss "StretchSkeleton" "use point" "teen is zero point nine four"

alias slow "slowmotion" "range zero to eight"

alias epon "boolprop ShowCatalogEPFlags true"
alias epof "boolprop ShowCatalogEPFlags false"

alias Bugon "bugJarTimeDecay on"
alias Bugof "bugJarTimeDecay off"
Theorist
#13 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
alias mn "moveObjects on"
alias mf "moveObjects off"
(Can NOT be used as an alias!)

I'm confused by this. You have it showing here as an alias and yet say it can't be used as one. I have it as an alias.

Also, is this (below) needed to separate between the top and the aliases?
#------------------------------------------------------------------
# aliases
#------------------------------------------------------------------
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 11:21 PM
Corrected the line (I meant the opposite). Blaming it on a fried brain from work

No, you don't need that text as separation. Lines starting with a # won't be read by the game. You can keep it if it helps you keep track of what's what, though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 1:03 AM

There is a fix for having no parents. it's the one called "Get parents"
https://simfileshare.net/folder/92521/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#16 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 12:21 PM
boolProp QuarterTilePlacementEnabled true (This one needs activation/deactivation with Ctrl+F, but works as always on)

This one works in userStartup.cheat, will start every time the game is started and only needs activation with ctrl+f.

(you don't need this one as an alias if the "always on" Quartertile cheat above works for you)

This one only works in game when using ctrl+alt_+c, and only stays enabled during current game play and needs to be entered every time you start the game.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 3:46 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Feb 2024 at 3:57 PM.
^ Both versions of the Quartertile cheat needs Ctrl+F to activate/deactivate. Personally, I prefer the one that's "always on", because I've found I use it more than the one that needs to first be turned on. Having the Alias version is unnecessary, but left it there just in case. Also, pretty sure you can use the same Boolprop cheat for the full code in the Alias cheat.

(I've had some redundant cheats hiding in my userstartup, so that's the old Alias cheats I used previously, just never got around to edit them since the other one is working fine - these two work as alias cheats but not as "always on").

If you really wanted to use it as an alias, this is probably a better version - I changed it above, but left the old one in, just in case someone has the old version and want to compare:

alias qn "boolProp QuarterTilePlacementEnabled true" "allows placement objects offset from the grid in quarter tile increments activate by using Ctrl+F"
alias qf "boolProp QuarterTilePlacementEnabled false"
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 7:22 PM
Hello everyone, thank you very much for helping me, the first thing you sent me "MTS_arathea_1311867_tunaisafish_fix_getparents", it works perfectly, that sim is already an adult, but she was finally able to get off the bus and she showed the adult sim of the house her grades, that was it!, It's incredible how many things you know about the Sims 2... this is another fix that should always be in the downloads folder, there are some bugs in the game that have nothing to do with modifications and they greatly improve the game experience. I haven't tried the tricks thing yet, but I'll try it. Thank you very much for your help, you are the best!!!