Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 7:18 PM Last edited by Delphy : 3rd Nov 2007 at 7:44 PM.
Default Search and Filtering improvements
Hi All,

Today you may notice a number of things different about the download browsing and search experience. This news post will outline the changes to the site:
  • You may now both search and filter at the same time
  • You may now filter on Normal, Picked or Featured downloads, or a combination thereof
  • The search results now show the amount of downloads within each specific category, similar to the Show All Downloads from the member profile pages
  • Filtering also shows the amount of downloads within each category
  • The filters no longer have thier own seperate box in the sidebar, but appear underneath the Search box, behind the link
  • The sidebar has increased slightly in size to accomodate the dual nature of Filters and Searching
  • Download pages now display the cache file, if relevant

Thanks to the MTS2 staff for helping me test this.

Additionally, if you missed the last tech news:

• Keywords on download posts that are in space-seperated lists, as opposed to comma seperated, now get split into individual keywords
  • Non entered challenges now show up on the scorecard
  • Added option on the Mass Forum Subscriptions page to unsubscribe from a specified sub-forum. This is useful if you want to show all threads from a particular forum and it's children *except* for particular subforums. This is the second tickbox.
  • Fixed bug with New Posts giving a database error for unlogged in members
  • Renamed Featured Downloads to MTS2 Top Picks, which now incorporates the Top Picks
  • Added little stars next to some downloads. Hover over the star, you'll see.

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
25 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 7:23 PM
Sounds great, I often wanted to search and filter at the same time.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 7:26 PM
Sounds good!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 7:25 PM
I am thrilled you can search and filter at the same time now. That was the only thing missing for me. Thanks!

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 7:36 PM
I've been waiting to get back on MTS 2 for a few things, Thanks for all these updates!

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 7:41 PM
Good to know the wait was worth it! (Though it usually is, anyways.) Thanks for the updates...I've been wanting some of those features on this site for a while.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 8:02 PM
A useful update, but I personally do not like how the search bar on the left takes up so much of the screen. I would prefer it to be narrower (like it was before - if possible).

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Instructor
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 8:18 PM
Love the updates. Makes things a lot easier, I think.

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 9:13 PM
eedgan, It's only 100 pixels larger, and pretty much everybody has pretty high resolution monitors nowadays, plus there are other reasosn for making it the size it is. So, it'll stay the size it is.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 11:04 PM
If you use the old download view, the column "Title / Section / Category" is too small now (it's almost always in 2 rows now), you should rather make "Last Posts" smaller.
Instructor
#11 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 5:27 AM
There seem to be some downloads lacking when using the filter & search. I typed something and I swear, I saw one download the last time I used the search but this time it disappeared. It never got deleted, modified or anything.

Anybody who can make a Yoon Eun Hye Sim?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 8:58 AM
silenthill: Without actual links or search terms to verify that, it's pure conjecture and assumption.

Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 11:44 AM
Good job guys.. I've been waiting for something like this
Scholar
#14 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 9:02 PM
Great additions !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#15 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 4:39 PM
Umm.... While I was working on uploading something, Firefox alerted me to a problem on the page. Not sure if this is on your end or mine, but I've never seen it before and I haven't been messing around with my web browser lately, so it might be related to your changes. Here's a screen shot of it -> http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1194367091 Happens every time I'm on the preview page of an upload.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 7:31 PM
Phaenoh, yeah I know about that one. Thanks though

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#17 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 11:24 PM
Ok, its nice to know that you know my computer wants to implode... ;-)
Instructor
#18 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 4:32 PM
Sounds GREAT!
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 11:05 PM
I actually get similar results as silenthill. I'm not saying that this is a bad update since so many people seem to like it (and I don't want to get on anyone's bad side) but is there anywhere I can go to search the old way? It's just something I'm used to and I don't get many results when using the new search and filter feature.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 4:10 AM
The "old" search works in exactly the same way as this new one. Seriously. Exactly the same code. The only additions are to also search and filter on types of downloads.

If you don't see all downloads it's becuase you are either searching using Compatibility mode, or you haven't selected All Downloads.

Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 3:56 AM
It's so good~~~3Q

Sims contains the infinite imagination!!!
I love it so much~~~~
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 3:33 PM
I like being able to search and filter. I do have one question though. Is there anyway to mark what you've downloaded?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#23 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 10:22 PM
tootsie, check the User Tools dropdown. There is an item for My Downloads. Tells you what you have downloaded.

Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 8:46 AM
Wow!

all i can say is "love that booty"! for the 'booty-holics' in us all.

Fantastic!
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 4:30 AM
wow you can search and filter...but i hate being off for a long time...my stupid new computer doesnt want to download the sims and now im bored.....but its still great

well.....beauty is skin deep.........
Page 1 of 2