Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2004 at 4:09 PM
Default Submitting Uploads
Hi All,

After reviewing some of the downloads on the site, I thought I would point out a very important point with regards to uploading files.

When sending your .package in, don't grab it from the Projects folder. Instead, grab it from the SavedSims folder.

The difference is that the Projects .package doesn't have a hexadecimal type number in front (ie 3c509f_SomeSkin.package), whereas the SavedSims one does.

If you download skins/outfits that *dont* have this number in front, then they will not work in the game.

If you package your skins and make a .sims2skin file then you can upload fine, and the skins and outfits will work in game. It's only if you dont package them in this format that we have problems.

Just thought I'd give everybody a heads up.

Regards
Delphy
Advertisement
#2 Old 29th Sep 2004 at 9:55 PM
Hi All
[color=violet][/color][size=16] I would Like to Make it Clear to you all that I am the Number 1 fan of the sims[/size] i have all the game's such as
[color=blue][/color] THE SIMS, THE SIMS DELUXE EDITION, LIVING LARGE, HOUSE PARTY, SIMS CITY1, SIMS CITY2, SIM CITY3, SIM CITY 4, THE SIMS UNLEASHED, THE SIMS SUPERSTAR, THE SIMS HOTDATE, MAKING MAGIC, SIMS2, AND THE SIMS BUSTIN' OUT.
[color=orange][/color] I WRITE EMAILS TO THE MAKERS 3 TIMES A DAY EVERY DAY! AND I ALSO HAVE THE DVDS OF THE SIMS. AND THE SIMS FOR XBOX. AND THE SIMS PARTY HAT. AND THE ONE OUTFIT THE WOMEN HAS. I ALSO WHRITE MESSAGES TO THE PUBLISHER.
[color=red][/color] MY DAD WORKS FOR THE SIMS MAKER BY RATING AND TESTING THE GAME BEFORE IT COMS OUT.
THEREFOR I GET THE SIMS STUFF BEFORE ITS OUT.
I HAVE A SIMSHAT, POSTER, WALPAPER, OUTFITS, VOICE CHANGER AND A LAUNGUGE CODE SO U CAN SEE WHAT THEREREALLY SAYING. I KNOW ALL THE CHEATS FOR THE SIMS AS WELL.
I HAVE PLENTY MORE TO SAY BUT IT IS KNOW 5:00 SO I HAVE TO WRITE THE PUBLISHERS AND MAKERS THERE 2ND LETTER TODAY
The Admin Formally Known As Aobh
#3 Old 29th Sep 2004 at 10:03 PM
Err... good for you...?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Sep 2004 at 3:48 PM
would you like to share how to make new wallpaper for the Sims2???? (dont brag unless you're willing to help others)

Janet
#5 Old 30th Sep 2004 at 6:29 PM
Actually you don't need the hex number in front. I've tested the skins w/o the hex in both The Sims 2 and in Bodyshop by pulling all the files out of SavedSims and deleting everything in my projects folder and download folder.

I then started up Bodyshop and noticed none of my shirts were there. I then copied over a couple of files from the SavedSims (which I moved to a different directory) into the Downloads folder, renamed them so they wouldn't have the hex number and started up Bodyshop.

To my surprise the shirts that I copied over showed up fine without the hex number.

You can try this yourself, you just have to make sure you have the correct packagefile. I believe it only adds the hex in front as a way to distinguish it from the project file, as well as to avoid having two objects with the same name.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Sep 2004 at 7:03 PM
Danger,

Yes it appears that files pulled from SavedSims work without the hex number in front, but files pulled from the Projects dont - that was the point I was trying to get across

#7 Old 30th Sep 2004 at 8:17 PM
ya, it was my bad before. I wasn't sure where the stuff was stored. Hopefully I wasn't the only one with that problem.