Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2017 at 7:41 PM
Default Sim intersection flags - L-shaped stairs
Hey! I'm working on a mod of the Store's L-shaped stairs so that they can be stacked on top of each other - pretty simple, I changed the FTPT flags to allow them to be placed on empty tiles, and sims and objects to intersect them. It worked, in so far as I can now stack them, but sims will only use the top staircase, they complain that they can't route across the one underneath - this issue is solved when I remove the top staircase, so clearly this is blocking their path somehow.

Is there some other flag that controls sim routing in an object other than the FTPT resources?
Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:17 AM
I love this! I think it's a really nice project you're working on!

But hm... what I would try is maybe copy paste the original RIG of the stairs to your stairs. I would also check if your footprint (The green bits) Are actually there, or well... 'stairs compatible' if that makes any sense.

Aand if all that fails, you might wanna check in the VXPY if all the files you got from the original stairs are changed to your object's original data (Instance, group, all that )
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2017 at 3:29 PM
The cloned stairs already have the original rig, and the footprint is there...too much there, in fact. In troubleshooting the problem, I placed the stairs on an ordinary floor to see if sims could route underneath them (as they're supposed to, given that I flagged all the FTPT resources to be sim-intersectable), and all I got was that little red NO sign. Hmm...really stumped on this one, every time I've wanted to make objects intersectable, editing the footprint was all it took.

Just double-checked the VPXY and everything lines up as it should. Very weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !