Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2017 at 7:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Does anyone know what these files are for?
So I've been sorting through my CC to clean out unused content and I came across a bunch of files with the following names...(files go from 'hiddenobject01" to 'hiddenobject10')

sim2me_hiddenobject01_FT_MESH
sim2me_hiddenobject09_MESH
sim2me_hiddenobject05_FT_globals

I've no idea what these files are for or what they are linked to and I've had no luck using Google or the MTS search thread.
Anyone know what they are?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th May 2017 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jtf04240
So I've been sorting through my CC to clean out unused content and I came across a bunch of files with the following names...(files go from 'hiddenobject01" to 'hiddenobject10')

I've no idea what these files are for or what they are linked to and I've had no luck using Google or the MTS search thread.

Have you looked on the website sim2me?
It has to do with a (probably by Maxis) hidden object for free time.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Instructor
#3 Old 18th May 2017 at 3:29 PM
Here you go: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=289853
Know it, cause i have these set
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2017 at 9:03 PM
@liente Usually if there is a website, Google will pick up the term and it didn't, so I assumed there wasn't one.
@kater Thank you! That is in fact it! I had deleted that object a while back and obviously didn't delete all the files. Thanks again!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 19th May 2017 at 8:44 AM
@liente Usually if there is a website, Google will pick up the term and it didn't, so I assumed there wasn't one.
@kater Thank you! That is in fact it! I had deleted that object a while back and obviously didn't delete all the files. Thanks again!

That depends on the terms you search with. If you just look for "sim2me" you can find it.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th May 2017 at 2:01 PM
Default hiddenobjects
If you play the sims, or sims2, or sims3 or higher, they look like files to the game, I know I've seen some in some of the files I download.
the next time you download any files for the sims, look at each file, or look in your sims game folder under downloads, they are connected to other files.
I really think this is what they are...... they could be in any one of your sims games folder. check to be sure
Wish I could help more, you probably already know by this time anyway. If I'm wrong, let me know.

May God's Blessings be many and your woes be few
Gal. 2:20
Forum Resident
#7 Old 29th May 2017 at 3:07 PM
...So, does this count as thread necromancy even if the thread is only a week old? The question has been answered in a more coherent way anyways.