Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2017 at 2:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How can I make roads and buildings and etc?
I've tried buydebug and all of that stuff but there's no roads in it. No matter what I put in, the town buildings don't show up as a buildable option. Where are they?

Also, how can I put spawners on places that aren't lots? I can't even zoom in unless I'm building a lot.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th May 2017 at 6:28 AM
To answer your questions - You must put roads into a neighborhood/world in Create A World (CAW). There is a road tool in CAW. It can't be done in Edit in Game (CAW) or Edit Town (Game) mode. Some buildings in Edit in Game or Edit Town are Rabbit holes into which sims go to work or perform actions but they are not buildable. Other buildings are shells into which you can add basements or levels/floors to build in. Spawners outside of lots must be placed in CAW as well. I think that you may be confusing CAW with Edit Town or World Editor in the game. CAW is a separate program. There are many good tutorials about using CAW. Also, lots of resources for CAW are available here at MTS such as terrain paints, objects, spawners, etc. Hope this helps!
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2017 at 8:27 AM
Yeah, I'm editing a town that someone else made but I've been able to see the town buildings before in build mode.

How the heck am I supposed to do stuff with a custom empty world if I can't edit it then?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 16th May 2017 at 9:26 AM
You can edit them by using lots. The rabbithole builings are in the "Community" section of build mode - which you can access if building on a lot. If there are no lots you will need to place them first.

Maybe look for a different world that already offers some kind of basic environment?

You sure haven't seen roads anywhere as buildable stuff in game. Those can only be done in caw.
Theorist
#5 Old 16th May 2017 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Yeah, I'm editing a town that someone else made but I've been able to see the town buildings before in build mode.

How the heck am I supposed to do stuff with a custom empty world if I can't edit it then?

You can. But you need to 'take it back' into CAW, something that is effectively a hack as EA standard doesn't allow that.
http://modthesims.info/t/469942

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th May 2017 at 1:18 AM
Ok I'm confused. I can't follow tech stuff at all and that looks very techy. But I've seen rabbithole buildings and roads and stuff in build mode before and now they're not there.

This world literally has nothing in it. I want to put all the buildings and roads down myself. And I can't understand that link at all. There isn't just a mod or anything?
Scholar
#7 Old 17th May 2017 at 10:49 AM
You have not seen roads in build mode. You have seen rabbithole buildings: they are in Build: Community (looks like a little building with awnings). I believe you saw SOMETHING, but it wasn't roads. Some of the decorative items for the world can be found in testingcheatsenabled true/buydebug on/ buy by function/question mark/misc. But I think they can only be added to lots from that menu.

The ONLY way to add roads is to open the world in CAW and place the roads. It is pernickety & I have been tearing my already sparse hair out for a couple years over it.