Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2017 at 6:55 AM
Default Let's discuss a possible Isla Paradiso project
Someone on this forum asked if there was any plans to build an Isla Paradiso in The Sims 2 - we all know it was a vague request. But in my head it sounds like a really fun project that could end up majestic.

Starting in June or July it could be a master project here on MTS where people could sign up to contribute to the project whether it's converting items (there are already some out there!), creating the SC4 terrain, taking pictures of it in The Sims 3, creating townies or just building a lot or two. It doesn't have to be detailed to perfection, I truly think a project like this could take the creation for The Sims 2 to the next level. And it would be truly hilarious and ironic if the working Isla Paradiso version was in The Sims 2

Anyone who got ideas or thoughts about it?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th May 2017 at 8:32 AM
How about making a Social Group for those interested http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=546

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2017 at 10:20 AM
Well, it would be a nice project. And it was me who posted that request. I'll try to find a way how to contribute to it despite the fact I suck at building stuff. I'm I only want this world to be recreated? :o

We need collaboration of players who own TS3IP and the others of TS2 with great building recreation skills or one that owns two of the games.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th May 2017 at 11:06 AM
Can I suggest if you do build it, that you make an empty version (no NPCs or townies - except those you add perhaps) so you could upload it here easily?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2017 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
How about making a Social Group for those interested http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=546

It's kinda confused, but how I do create a Social Group to open up this project? (I'm still new to this forum)
#6 Old 7th May 2017 at 1:19 PM
Lots in sims 3 don't have to necessarily attach to the roads now hence why some lots that i'm looking at (On the empty version over in sims 3 downloads) can be placed where they are in there, but would be a logistical nightmare in 2. Good luck i'm always on the lookout for island hoods. Most of the people who could probably assist in this are in the hood building group and they haven't exactly been active...in over a year....
Theorist
#7 Old 7th May 2017 at 6:24 PM
While it's necessary to have a road to place a new lot, roads are not required at all in order to have functioning lots in TS2. After all, Felicity Island is completely roadless

This old gem gives you a general idea of what I was doing, but it's not too brilliant in explaining things IMO: http://modthesims.info/t/404571
The general direction in which the development of this neighborhood would go would be as follows: first make a desired .sc4, but make sure it has at least some sort of a road piece. It's not required for the road pieces to be in places where the future lots are going to be placed; lots can be moved freely using Lot Adjuster. However, it may be more simple if the road pieces are placed near the final lot position.
After that, just use Hood Replace with a blank neighborhood with the identical .sc4, and make sure to tick "No Roads" during transfer.

The Hood Replace will get rid of roads in the neighborhood view, while the Lot Adjuster will make the lots roadless - making them look more like Castaway Stories lots. Bad sides include having to manually place pedestrian and vehicle portals (using Portal Revealer by Inge), and inability to move the lots in-game (because once they're run through LA, they'll lose the road bit and won't be able to snap to place). It's still possible to move them via Lot Adjuster, though.

ETA: I might want to join this project. It's sort of similar to what I've done in the past, so I can in a way assist people in the neighborhood building process, but I don't think I'll have too much time on my hands... decisions!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th May 2017 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
Lots in sims 3 don't have to necessarily attach to the roads now hence why some lots that i'm looking at (On the empty version over in sims 3 downloads) can be placed where they are in there, but would be a logistical nightmare in 2. Good luck i'm always on the lookout for island hoods. Most of the people who could probably assist in this are in the hood building group and they haven't exactly been active...in over a year....

You can just delete floor titles through a cheat or a third party hack.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th May 2017 at 6:38 PM
I'm not saying I'm starting it (I might), I just wanted to see what people thought
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th May 2017 at 9:12 PM
Love the idea: I'm great at creating sims, but I've never uploaded anything...And while I like MY houses (always functional, in various styles)..well creating one to upload would be even harder.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th May 2017 at 7:55 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 17th May 2017 at 8:15 PM.
I wonder If there is a guide how to change the road (with titles removed) into a pool? Along with a mesh that changes vehichles into boats, sims would like they are entering taxi/carpool boats.

@joandsarah77, how to make a social group?

I created it. Come and join
Theorist
#12 Old 17th May 2017 at 8:23 PM
Err, how do I join the group? When I click on your profile, I get "SWP is a member of the following groups: TS2 Isla Paradiso project." But when I click on the group, I get a 403.

I haven't found the group on the all public groups list in Social Groups Home nor in Social Groups...
Scholar
#13 Old 17th May 2017 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I wonder If there is a guide how to change the road (with titles removed) into a pool? Along with a mesh that changes vehichles into boats, sims would like they are entering taxi/carpool boats.

joandsarah77, how to make a social group?

It would look more natural with a pond instead.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2017 at 9:04 PM
Perhaps, but they aren't that pretty crystal clear.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th May 2017 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Err, how do I join the group? When I click on your profile, I get "SWP is a member of the following groups: TS2 Isla Paradiso project." But when I click on the group, I get a 403.

I haven't found the group on the all public groups list in Social Groups Home nor in Social Groups...

I made it private now. I can add you right now If you still want to. Just say the word
Scholar
#16 Old 17th May 2017 at 9:13 PM
Perhaps, but they aren't that pretty crystal clear.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#17 Old 17th May 2017 at 9:22 PM
I forgot about shaders, lol.
Theorist
#18 Old 17th May 2017 at 9:25 PM
I made it private now. I can add you right now If you still want to. Just say the word
The word
Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th May 2017 at 9:40 PM
Yeah,* invitation sent*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 17th May 2017 at 11:29 PM

@joandsarah77, how to make a social group?

I can't it's private I don't have those kind of mod privies (seeing into private groups) Also why is it private?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#21 Old 18th May 2017 at 12:22 AM
Sneaky mentions in the thread that you need to ask him for the invite, Jo.

I'd love to join, Sneaky, though I'll be honest that I'm just curious for now; got no access to my gaming machines either. So I'd just be an onlooker, but if you'll have me...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th May 2017 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille

Oh my god how did you make that happen!

Hey! Can someone add me to the group?
Mad Poster
#23 Old 18th May 2017 at 10:07 AM
I made it private because I had the feeling that someone might screwed somehow.

I'll add you guys to the group, when I'll get access to my pc.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 18th May 2017 at 2:11 PM
@ZenGarden @natboosie @DJ. I sent you the invites. If I had forgot someone, let me know about that
Scholar
#25 Old 18th May 2017 at 2:57 PM
@ZenGarden I converted water shaders from Castaway Stories and modified them a bit so they work properly in TS2, which sadly involved slaving the pond to the pool. You can get it here.

Simblr
Page 1 of 2