Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:48 AM Last edited by EmilyJud : 5th Jan 2012 at 12:23 AM.
Default The Royal Kingdom Challenge(Sims 3 version) *Revised
Edit: This has been updated a bit since I posted this a number of years ago. Thanks so much to nobodysgirl333 for revising the rules

I just edited the rules a bit for this challenge since it was originally made for the sims 2 and I figured I’d post it here. I then forgot about it for a few years and nobodysgirl333 updated the challenge herself so most of the improved things are her doing I just reworded some things and changed a few minor rules, along with fixing some typos. I originally copied this from the original site and just changed a few things but it's been changed quite a bit now. The introduction and ending comment are still the original ones but the rules have changed a lot to fit the sims 3. The original premise and idea is the same as the sims 2 version though. With that said, the challenge rules and everything are below

Do your Sims have a longing for days gone by? Do they want to shout ¡Huzzah! Long Live the King and Queen! Do they have a hankering for good old-fashioned servitude? Then it is you duty to transport them back in time several hundred years to live in Good Old Simland! Simland has a King and or Queen that presides over all of their loyal subjects. It's up to you to make the strongest Royal family that you can. The fate of the Kingdom depends of you!
Discuss your tips and strategies and any need for help here!

Royal Kingdom Challenge for Sims 3

The Goal: The point of this challenge is to make a themed neighborhood with a royal family, nobility, merchants, and peasants/farmers and reach 5 generations.

To begin you must make a new neighborhood and set aging to normal.
Aging can be edited slightly but it should be similar to the normal lifespan.
You may choose to turn off story progression and use the sims 2 style aging, playing each family in rotation. Or you may choose to leave it on but you should use some kind of mod that let's you alter the story progression like Nraas Story Progression mod so that your families don't get all screwed up when you aren't playing them.
• Make 1 King and Queen for your royal family in CAS
• Make 3 or less families that will become the Noble class
• Make 4 or less families that will be the Merchant class
• Make 5 or less families that will be the Peasant class
• You do NOT have to make that many families you may modify it to fit your playing style
• You may not use any cheats except where specified

Rules for the Royal Family
• All money cheats are acceptable
• You may use cheats for building their castle
• You may download a castle for the royal family is you don’t want to build one
• The first-born son* of the current King and Queen will become the heir to the throne and must never move out of the house except to go to Boarding School (if you have Generations)
• The heir to the throne may only marry a Sim from the royal family or the Noble class, but they may have lovers of any class (They can marry as close a relation as the game allows)
• The heir to the throne must be the legitimate son* of both the king and the queen.
• Any illegitimate children of the Queen would not be a prince/princess but could marry a non-heir Royal or Nobel
• Women of the royal family are not permitted to have a job or live alone
• Non-heir Peasants may move in as servants to cook and clean

Rules for The Noble Class
• You may use the motherlode cheat only two times
• You may use cheats for building purposes only
• The first-born son* will be the family heir and must never move out of the house except to go to Boarding School (if you have Generations)
• Only legitimate children can become heirs
• The HEIRS may not marry below their status
• Women are not permitted to have a job
• Only one life fruit is allowed per Sim

Rules for The Merchant Class
• You may use the motherlode cheat only one time
• Although the eldest son* traditional becomes the heir, if the eldest becomes enemy’s with his father, any of the children may inherit their father's house and fortune
• The heir must never move out of the house
• Only single women may have jobs
• Children can only attend Boarding School(Generations) if their family has at least §5,000 in their account

Rules for The Peasant Class
• You may not use any cheats (except for building purposes only)
• Anyone and everyone are encouraged to have a job since they will have very little money
• Although the eldest son* traditional becomes the heir, any of the children may inherit their father's house and fortune
• Children of this class are not permitted to attend Boarding School(Generations) since peasants didn’t have much of an education
• Since they are the lowest rank, peasants may marry anyone but royalty.
• You may not use the life fruit on a peasant since they generally would not live as long anyway
• The only service NPC they are allowed to hire is the babysitter

General Rules
• Unless otherwise specified you may not use any cheats. No mood or aspiration cheats and no hacks that alter a Sims mood, personality, aspiration etc. You may use cheats to fix glitches should they occur.
• Use the randomize button to pick traits.
• To avoid confusion try to stop your Sims from having an affair until after the heir is born
• Since reliable birth control was not used in the old days, you must choose "try for baby" each time your Sims woohoo.
• Women always take the status of their husbands so make sure it is always the man who proposes
• Illegitimate children below Royalty will take on their mother's class
• You should assign a hair color to each Class for the townies so you know which class they belong to (example: All townies with red hair could be considered of the merchant class). However since Townies do not have a family tree they are less respectable and should not belong to the Royal or Noble class
• NPC's are servants so they may only marry Sims from the merchant class or lower
• You may use moveObjects on only to decorate and move Sims if they get stuck or there is a glitch
• You are encouraged to use custom content that fits the neighborhood theme. Pick a theme and try to make your neighborhood fit that theme as much as possible.
• Try to use only objects that fit within the theme, this means no TVs, computers, etc. if you are doing a historical theme for your neighborhood. You may however use objects in the small electronics section such as fire alarms. You may also use the smallest stereo in the Royal and Nobility houses since they would have had paid musicians to play for them at dinners and parties.(You may have a tv or other such things if you wish but try to download something custom that fits the theme slightly better)
• You may not delete gravestones
• You may use all rewards unless stated differently. If doing a historical theme, try to hide any modern looking rewards in a basement or attic.
• Hacks and mods are allowed for the purpose of making the neighborhood more historical accurate and Hacks and/or mods that make the game easier are not permitted.Any story progression mods are allowed. You can use those instead of turning off story progression but make sure to set the setting how you want them. AwesomeMod is also allowed but don't use any features that would make the challenge easier or give you an unfair advantage.

Career Limitations:
• Royalty would be limited to Business, Military, Politics, and Professional Sports.
• Nobles are the same as Royals
• Merchants are limited to Journalism, Law Enforcement, Medical, and Music.
• Peasants would be limited to Criminal, Medical, Military, Culinary, and Music.
• Science would be limited to your Magic family.
• ONE child of each class per generation (not per house, only per generation) could go to ANY job.
Profession and Self Employed Limitations:
• Royals and Nobles cannot join a profession.
• Merchants and Peasants may join any profession

OPTIONS
• If medieval isn't your style you could also play this challenge with another theme such as Renaissance, Regency, Victorian, or fantasy.
• You can add a church/monastery or abbey to you neighborhood that you can send Sims to that you don't want to marry (You could edit the setting with a story progression mod for them so they never marry and you may want to check up on them once and a while).
• You can start the first King and Queen as young adults
• To keep track of who belongs to what class you can have each class have a specific hair or skin color (ex. all peasants could have brown hair or green skin).
• You can add one household for the town witch or wizard (it helps if you have Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book O’ Spells from EA Store). The heir to that family would have no cheat restrictions and could join the science career track but would otherwise have to live by the rest of the peasant rules.
• If you can’t decide which theme to choose, try advancing the time period every one or two generations. Then you could start at medieval, then renaissance, colonial, regency, victorian etc. If you find the custom content for it you could even start with an ancient period like Egyptian or Roman.
• You can make ghosts if you want them. However, remember that an heir to a family cannot inherit their parents place until they are dead and gone. Also with the quickly growing population, you don't want to many Sims hanging around far longer than their regular life span. So you might want to use the ghost feature sparingly.
• A Noble or Royal Sim should not marry a Sim of unknown parentage. A good bloodline is very important.
• Gravestones should be kept on the home lot for royalty and noble families and the graveyard should have specific sections for the other classes. Merchants and Peasants may keep gravestones on their lot if they so choose.
• Only the Royal and Noble classes are allowed to have carriages (Cars) but they must have a garage to make them less discreet
• If you have pets then use of horses is highly recommended. Royal, Noble and Merchants may buy horses; peasants may only adopt wild horses. Only the magic family may adopt a unicorn.
• Only your town wizard/witch or equivalent are allowed to use the Robot making bench since a robot would be considered magic.
• Only Nobility and Royals would be allowed to purchase a Robot. Servo would be considered a live in servant of the house.
• Only the head of household may purchase a business venue and it must be passed on to their heir. Peasants may not purchase venues.
• NO AMBROSIA for anyone other than the Royal family.

Scoring
Count up all the points when you reach 5 generations. If you keep track of points you must play by all the rules, but you don’t have use the scoring system. Please be honest.

• 1 point for each generation reached
• 10 points if every heir for all classes is the first born son.*
• 1 point for each lifetime wish fufilled
• 1/4 point for each family friend the royal family has
• 2 points for each heir to the throne who marries another royal
• 1 point for each award won and received at City Hall.
• 1 point for each sim that has 100,000 lifetime reward points (add their current total with the amount spent on rewards plus 1 point for every additional 100,000, so 200,000 would be 2 points)
• 1 point for each different color ghost you have on the lot
• 1/2 point for each set of natural triplets
• 1 points if you manage to collect ALL the different types of ghosts on a lot
• -2 point for each Sim that was purposely killed (unless it is by another sim as part of the story. If it was only for your own convenience then you lose the points)
• -1 point for each Sim that marries below his or her status
• -1 point for each infant, toddler or child that gets taken by the Social Worker

*If you want to make a matriarchy (society run by women) instead then you get then all heirs are first born daughter
**If you don't have all of the Expansion Packs simply ignore the rules or bonuses that don't relate to you.

Remember, this challenge is very flexible so it can fit your personal tastes. With this challenge you can unite all the families in a neighborhood and give it some sort of structure and goal. If you are not playing for points feel free to bend the rules a bit to fit your playing style, but don't be afraid to try something different then you normally do!
Taken from Fanciful Sims.

There's also some custom content that has been linked too in the comments as well as an entire town of medieval stuff I believe so if you want those links you can find them in the comments
If I missed editing something than please tell me. Also, any suggestions are welcome.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 3:29 PM Last edited by Simmahollic : 20th Jul 2009 at 1:45 AM.
When you say purposley killed, does that include murder? I was planning to have the Royal Chef kill off the King( not sure how just yet maybe refusing to cook). Also, I think that Royalty should be limited to Political and Military( I've never heard about a king inventing anything, or playing music for people).
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 7:23 PM
How do you start a new neighborhood in Sims 3? Do you just use an unplayed one?
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 1:42 AM
you could download the empty towns (Sunset Valley/Riverview Emptied by Flabaliki)
you can find it here on the site.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344655
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 6:43 PM
Problems with the jobs - the game keeps hijacking my sims and shoehorning them into jobs to fill the place of the NPCs. Only a problem because Noble women and married merchants can't get jobs. The jobs also take the girls out of thew house during the day when I'm trying to marry them off. Solution?
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 11:47 PM
Sounds fun! If the storyprogression is off, does that only mean, that sims won't get married by themselves etc.?
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 12:52 AM
sounds like fun! does anyone know where I could get a castle?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 5:36 PM Last edited by That20issmokin : 1st Jun 2010 at 5:52 PM. Reason: Added Link
lovelyhera, there is a mod that lets you register as unemployed at the city hall so that the game won't use you for co workers and such. I'll try to find you a link.

Edit:
Here you go:
http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=2637.0

Sims 2 Rotation Blog Pleasantview Sucks
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:33 AM
wow epic necro
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:32 PM
just my two cents, i'm thinking this might be fun, but one thing to add, i actually have a whole world of fantasy / medieval theme, everything in it, lots and what not, are medieval, so if you want that here it is, it's called ""Broken Heart Island"" link is "" http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/161393.page ""
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 4:51 AM
Jackiekay1989: thanks i will be using that! i know this thread is really old but i am excited to begin this challenge! too bad i have the stick baby glitch....haaa
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 3:46 PM
Is anyone still doing this challenge, or plan on doing it? Has anyone done it in the past and if so how'd it go?
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 9:24 PM
There should be way more peasant families than noble families, just saying.
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th May 2011 at 5:53 AM
qpldmff, if you are in the mood for work, i have determined a sweet setup:

1 royal family
2-3 Noble families
5 Merchant families
10 Peasant families

of course, 17-18 trips to the CAS with about 34-36 sims to create (assuming each family is a couple) is a bit of a handful.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:10 PM
That is why all the NPC's are merchants and peasants, to fill in that gap without you having to play them.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 6:45 AM
I have looked over your version of the rules for Sims 3 and made some revisions. I hope that you will take a look and see what you think, so I will post it here.

I have underlined my changes from your original post.

Royal Kingdom Challenge for Sims 3

The Goal: The point of this challenge is to make a themed neighborhood with a royal family, nobility, merchants, and peasants/farmers and reach 5 generations.

To begin you must make a new neighborhood and turn off story progression unless you get lemmy and blinky's Indie Stone Story Progression Mod which you can find here http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=349344.

• Make 1 King and Queen for your royal family in CAS
• Make 3 or less families that will become the Noble class
• Make 2 or less families that will be the Merchant class
• Make 3 or less families that will be the Peasant class
• You may not use any cheats except where specified

Rules for the Royal Family
• All money cheats are acceptable
• You may use cheats for building their castle
• You may download a castle for the royal family is you don’t want to build one
• The first-born son of the current King and Queen will become the heir to the throne and must never move out of the house except to go to Boarding School (if you have Generations)
• The heir to the throne may only marry a Sim from the royal family or the Nobel class, but they may have lovers of any class (They can marry as close a relation as the game allows)
• The heir to the throne must be the legitimate son of both the king and the queen.
Any illegitimate children of the Queen would not be a prince/princess but could marry a non-heir Royal or Nobel
• Women of the royal family are not permitted to have a job or live alone

Rules for The Noble Class
• You may use the motherlode cheat only two times
• The first-born son will be the family heir and must never move out of the house except to go to Boarding School (if you have Generations)
Only legitimate children can become heirs
• Women are not permitted to have a job

Rules for The Merchant Class
• You may use the motherlode cheat only one time
• Although the eldest son traditional becomes the heir, if the eldest becomes enemy’s with his father, any of the children may inherit their father's house and fortune
• Only single women may have jobs
Children can only attend Boarding School(Generations) if their family has at least §5,000 in their account

Rules for The Peasant Class
• You may not use any cheats (except for building purposes only)
• Anyone and everyone are encouraged to have a job since they will have very little money
• Although the eldest son traditional becomes the heir, any of the children may inherit their father's house and fortune
Children of this class are not permitted to attend Boarding School(Generations) since peasants didn’t have much of an education
• Since they are the lowest rank, peasants may marry anyone but royalty.
• You may not use the life fruit on a peasant since they generally would not live as long anyway
• The only service NPC they are allowed to hire is the babysitter

General Rules
• Unless otherwise specified you may not use any cheats. No mood or aspiration cheats and no hacks that alter a Sims mood, personality, aspiration etc.
• Use the randomize button to pick traits.
• To avoid confusion try to stop your Sims from having an affair until after the heir is born
• Since reliable birth control was not used in the old days, you must choose "try for baby" each time your Sims woohoo.
• Women always take the status of their husbands so make sure it is always the man who proposes
• Illegitimate children below Royalty will take on their mother's class
• You should assign a hair color to each Class for the townies so you know which class they belong to (example: All townies with red hair could be considered of the merchant class). However since Townies do not have a family tree they are less respectable and should not belong to the Royal or Nobel class
• NPC's are servants so they may only marry Sims from the merchant class or lower
• You may use move_Objects on only to decorate and move Sims if they get stuck or there is a glitch
• You are encouraged to use custom content that fits the neighborhood theme. Pick a theme and try to make your neighborhood fit that theme as much as possible.
• Try to use only objects that fit within the theme, this means no TVs, computers, etc. if you are doing a historical theme for your neighborhood. You may however use objects in the small electronics section such as fire alarms. You may also use the smallest stereo in the Royal and Nobility houses since they would have had paid musicians to play for them at dinners and parties.(If you have to have a TV, there are custom made TV’s available that look like something else, like a painting or crystal ball)
• You may not delete gravestones
• You may use all reward objects unless stated differently. If doing a historical theme, try to hide any modern looking rewards in a basement or attic.
• Hacks and mods are allowed for the purpose of making the neighborhood more historical accurate and Hacks and/or mods that make the game easier are not permitted. Lemmy and Blinky’s Indie story progression mod is allowed. You can use that instead of turning off story progression but make sure to set the setting so that they don’t marry and stuff on their own. AwesomeMod is also but don't use any features that would make the challenge easier or give you an unfair advantage.

Career Limitations:
• Royalty would be limited to Business, Military, Politics, and Professional Sports.
• Nobles are the same as Royals
• Merchants are limited to Journalism, Law Enforcement, Medical, and Music.
• Peasants would be limited to Criminal, Medical, Military, Culinary, and Music.
Science would be limited to your Magic family.
• ONE child of each class per generation (not per house, only per generation) could go to ANY job.
Profession and Self Employed Limitations:
• Royals and Nobles cannot join a profession.
• Merchants and Peasants may join any profession

OPTIONS
• If medieval isn't your style you could also play this challenge with another theme such as Renaissance, Regency, Victorian, or fantasy.
• You can add a church/monastery or abbey to you neighborhood that you can send Sims to that you don't want to marry.If your using Lemmy and Blinky’s mod you must make the settings so that they never marry and you may want to check up on them once and a while.
• You can start the first King and Queen as young adults
• To keep track of who belongs to what class you can have each class have a specific hair or skin color (ex. all peasants could have brown hair or green skin).
• You can add one household for the town witch or wizard (it helps if you have Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book O’ Spells from EA Store). The heir to that family would have no cheat restrictions and could join the science career track but would otherwise have to live by the rest of the peasant rules.
• If you can’t decide which theme to choose, try advancing the time period every one or two generations. Then you could start at medieval, then renaissance, colonial, regency, victorian etc. If you find the custom content for it you could even start with an ancient period like Egyptian or Roman.
• You can make ghosts if you want them. However, I’m not sure how ghosts age but remember that an heir to a family cannot inherit their parents place until they are dead or dead again or whatever. Also with the quickly growing population, you don't want to many Sims hanging around far longer than their regular life span. SO you might want to use the ghost feature sparingly if they age differently.
• A Nobel or Royal Sim should not marry a Sim of unknown parentage. A good bloodline is very important.
• Gravestones can be moved to the graveyard however there needs to be a separate section for each class
• Only the Royal and Nobel classes are allowed to have carriages (Cars) but they must have a garage to make them less discreet
If you have pets then use of horses is highly recommended. Royal, Nobel and Merchants may buy horses; peasants may only adopt wild horses. Only the magic family may adopt a unicorn.
Only your town wizard/witch or equivalent are allowed to use the Robot making bench since a robot would be considered magic.
Only Nobility and Royals would be allowed to purchase a Robot. Servo would be considered a live in servant of the house.
Only the head of household may purchase a business venue and it must be passed on to their heir. Peasants may not purchase venues.
• NO AMBROSIA for anyone other than the Royal family.

Scoring
Count up all the points when you reach 5 generations. If you keep track of points you must play by all the rules, but you don’t have use the scoring system. Please be honest.

• 1 point for each generation reached
• 10 points if every heir for all classes is the first born son. *See below
• 1 point for each lifetime wish fufilled
• 1/4 point for each family friend the royal family has
• 2 points for each heir to the throne who marries another royal
1 point for each award won and received at City Hall.
• 1 point for each sim that has all the Lifetime Rewards.
• 1 point for each different color ghost you have on the lot
• 1/2 point for each set of natural triplets
• 1 points if you manage to collect ALL the different types of ghosts on a lot
• -2 point for each Sim that was purposely killed
• -1 point for each Sim that marries below his or her status
• -1 point for each infant, toddler or child that gets taken by the Social Worker

*If you want to make a society run by women then you get the point is all heirs are first born daughter
* If you don't have all of the Expansion Packs simply ignore the rules or bonuses that don't relate to you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 11:49 PM
Wow sorry everyone I completely forgot I made this

Quote: Originally posted by nobodysgirl333
I have looked over your version of the rules for Sims 3 and made some revisions. I hope that you will take a look and see what you think, so I will post it here.

Thank you so much! I'm going to use all of your suggestions and edit the post a bit in general to make it more up to date. Again, sorry I completely forgot about this

Happiness is a direction, not a place
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 12:22 AM
Quote:
• -2 point for each Sim that was purposely killed (unless it is by another sim as part of the story. If it was only for your own convenience then you lose the points)

Back when I played this for Sims 2, I read an idea someone had that I liked and took on. It was rolling a die every time a woman gave birth, and if it was a certain number, you kill her (since back in those days, birth was very risky and she was very likely to die from it.) It was more realistic. Death was also just more common in general. Sims 2 allowed illnesses to be lethal, which added more realism, too (although I guess my game glitched, since even if I gave them nothing to eat and forced them to stay awake, standing since the moment they fell ill, the sim would somehow get better. Ugh.) Anyway, point is, for the sake of accuracy, we can't be faulted for ignoring this rule.

Now to download some good medieval clothes and get started on this! :D
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 3:44 AM
What I did to differentiate between classes was all of the peasants have a last name starting with P, Merchants M, etc. I thought hair color might get confusing because of inter-marrying between classes, and the random colors you get in hair colors (that random blonde that you can't figure out where it came from) I'm actually even considering a blog to follow the families, because I made a total of 14, I think, and it's a lot to keep track of. xD
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 9:25 AM
Hi everyone!
When I was playing with TS2, I was in love with this challenge! Maybe I'll try also in TS3, but I have a question.
To play with every families once at a time and avoid that the other grow up and live their lives on their own, I have to turn off only the story progression?
We need to have the same situation that we had with the TS2 neighbourhood, right?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:33 PM
I made SO many families(21 total)
1 Royal
3 Noble
5 Merchant
10 Peasant (I liked that idea :D)
1 Witch Family
1 Wanderer (Lives in the outdoors by himself (he isn't a hermit, he's too young for that))
Now let us see how this setup goes.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 6:16 PM
Keeping track of families is indeed quite the venture. I played the Tribal challenge a while back and had complex genealogy charts just to make sure that they could make it to a stable breeding population. I'm waiting to get my computer fixed, and then I've got a horrendously complex plan to start a new Challenge. I want to start with the Tribal challenge, and as soon as the population is stable, divide the existing Clan Households into social classes and turn it into this Kingdom challenge. But I also want to throw in elements of that 'pure breed' challenge, where the Heir HAS to have the physical traits of his/her family Clan. For instance, if the Royal Family has flaming Red hair and blue skin, then if the Heir is born with Blonde hair for some random stupid reason, he gets demoted and the next son has to become Heir. For my sanity's sake, I think I may limit this 'pure blood' limitation to the Royal and Noble Clans. Peasants don't care what their sons look like, as long as they work hard, right?

And I really like the Monastery idea. I can't believe I didn't think of something like that on my last challenge. Would have gotten out of the way many of my 'spares' that I didn't need to have hanging around, lol. I'll probably build two, one for Monks and one for Nuns. If this wasn't so complicated already, I'd set them up with roles and such as well, but I know it'll just be a spare character dumping ground, lol.
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 2:43 PM
I'm probably going to do this challenge when I get done with my regular legacy challenge, but I had a few questions about it.
So, as far as Story Progression, I have the nraas mod, but I haven't had much chance to play around with it's features yet, so I'm not totally sure how it works. But I'm wondering because I would like to be able to only choose one family from each class to play as, and just let the other families live their lives. Will Story Progression allow me to differentiate between families I want to be controlled by Story Progression, and families that I want to make the decisions for myself?
Also, if you do have Story Progression on, what should you do if say, you're playing as your Merchant family, when all of a sudden Story Progression is making your Royal Heir get married to a peasant? Just go quickly and cancel it, or?
I mean I guess it would be cool to just let stuff like that play out and come up with a story around it or something, but I don't know. Has anyone encountered anything like that?
I'm sorry if these are really obvious questions haha.

Also, has anyone found some good cc sites? I know there's some cool stuff here, and at TSR, but are there are any sites that have a larger selection of themed items?
When I was looking around the other day I found myself on Mirkwood Sims, marveling at how many good outfits they had for this challenge, but then I realized they are a Sims 2 site haha. Are there any sites similar to that for Sims 3?
I did find one site (All About Style) that has a pretty good selection of themed clothes, if anyone else happens to be looking.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th May 2017 at 7:07 AM
I'm just doing a normal legacy but each generation must have at least 5 children. I'm also doing the A-Z generation challenge. Youngest will be the heir.