Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2017 at 1:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Why doesn't cc show up?
I honestly didn't know mods were available for the sims 2 until this week, so this is all new to me. I've read and watched videos on how to install the custom content, but it never seems to work. I extract the files and put them into the "Downloads" folder and custom content is enabled in game. I've been trying to put some pets into the game, not sure if that has something to do with it.

I have the downloadable version of the ultimate edition, not sure if that makes a difference or not.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th May 2017 at 2:02 AM
We have SO MUCH content.

Is your Download folder spelt with a capital D?
Did you enable CC?
Did you make sure the content didn't need a mesh? A mesh is the shape.
If the CC was a recolour you will need CEP.

Can you take a screenshot of where you put it?

https://personalreflections2014.wor...ate-collection/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2017 at 2:09 AM
Did you restart the game after enabling CC? If yes, did you make absolutely sure the box stayed ticked upon re-loading? Sometimes it takes a few tries.

Do you only have (.package) files in your Downloads folder?

There's no use in putting a sims2pack file in your game, as they can't be read as-is by the game. So did you install Sims2pack files with the default installer (the one that automatically pops up), or the "Sims 2 clean installer"?

Do you have the CEP? Without it, some recolors and objects won't show properly.

There are several guides here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...:Custom_Content
I suggest you have a look at them (partiularly this one and that one, and follow them step by step). If there are any spesific details related to the Ultimate Collection, they're probably covered in the link Jo gave above. If CC still won't show after going through both of them, let us know.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th May 2017 at 2:12 AM
Also can you link us to the content you were trying to install.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~