Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2017 at 9:11 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 17th May 2017 at 6:42 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default I get blackscreen when I load my game
I tried starting it with and without cc.
Yesterday it worked fine with the custom content I had. Installed it and now it wont start. Tried starting it without it aswell and it doesn´t want to.
This happens to my game alot and it seems like my computer just can´t start it. Nothing happens at all. I don´t have everything on the highest, just a few like the sims etc.
Please help me, getting so annoyed when I can´t play :/
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th May 2017 at 10:46 PM
I should shut up and let an expert have their say.

I have a "burn it all down and rebuilt" approach to Sims 3 problems, tho. I pick out the sim bin and save game files and the houses and buildings I want to save, then delete the while documents/sims 3 directory, restart the game, and put my stuff back.

I think all you need to do is delete the Options.ini file tho', cuz that has your video settings (among other things like... oh, I donno... everything under "options"). Then the game should come up with the default video setting, which is pretty safe.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 17th May 2017 at 6:41 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th May 2017 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
edit options.ini, change fullscreen = 1 to fullscreen = 0

Update your drivers.

That doesn´t work.
The game wont load at all. Doesn´t matter if I have fullscreen or not or a tiny little window. It´s just a big black screen.