Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2017 at 2:27 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 15th May 2017 at 3:19 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Pet aging is a bit wonky
I'd like to play with Pets, but lots of times, if my Sims adopt a puppy or kitten, the little guy might not age up a day, or the age may go back a day. It drives me nuts. The only workaround right now is using MasterController to manually fix the age, but it gets tiresome to have to constantly keep track.

About the only mods I have are what I got from Twallan's site. I'm patched up to 1.69.

Ideas?

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th May 2017 at 3:19 PM
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2017 at 4:54 PM
Are you by any chance feeding them gourmet pet food? There is a chance, I forget the exact percentage, that each serving will add a sim day to the pet's lives and the game accomplishes that by stalling their age progression or moving them back a day.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2017 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Are you by any chance feeding them gourmet pet food? There is a chance, I forget the exact percentage, that each serving will add a sim day to the pet's lives and the game accomplishes that by stalling their age progression or moving them back a day.

That's about all I feed them. So gourmet pet food does that? I looked up a cat moodlet for that, and it says "That gourmet food really hit the spot! With gourmet meals like that, (Cat Name) may be able to live a longer, healthier life."

Makes sense! I thought my game was imploding, the Sims were aging normally, but not the pets! Thanks!

Who is Q? qanon.pub