Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2017 at 4:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashes when entering certain cc lots. but.....
So after resolving my bed issue. I downloaded some of SimmyLicious simblr's houses. a lot of people said they never had problems with her houses. But now my game crashes if I enter two of her lots on lot loading screen. and she also said no one hasnt had any furniture problem or corruption of lot problem. Only me . So Idk if its due to having 54K cc due to ram or graphics card, or my pc cannot handle certain things.
She did say make sure I install the CEP the correct way for UC and I did to make sure. But i just wanna make sure what is the real prob?

here are my desktop specs:

Windows 10 Gateway
(originally a windows 8)
AMD Dual Core E1 1500 APU
with
Radeon HD 7310 graphics
500GB Hardrive
6gb DDR3 Memory
DVD Super Multidrive
Card Reader
Intergrated LAN 10/100/1000

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
System Name COREY
System Manufacturer Gateway
System Model SX2110G
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU
Processor AMD E1-1500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1480 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2, 3/14/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gateway

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 5.71 GB
Available Physical Memory 763 MB
Total Virtual Memory 7.96 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.72 GB
Page File Space 2.24 GB

When i enter the lot without sims, its fine, but when i move them in, crash. So Im kind of wondering if its pc issue or MY UC needs fix?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th May 2017 at 5:49 PM
It's almost certainly a CC problem - what happens if you install the lot into a CC free game (by moving the The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder out of EA Games or renaming it, and letting the game make a new one) and then move sims in?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2017 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
It's almost certainly a CC problem - what happens if you install the lot into a CC free game (by moving the The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder out of EA Games or renaming it, and letting the game make a new one) and then move sims in?

I can try that. When I get back home. I'm at a friends graduation party. But when I return home. I'll do that. I do remember I entered a lot, then it crashed two mins after. But she. I installed the CEP UC way, it didn't crash in build mode. So I'll do a test that first, if it doesn't crash, then that's why. If it crashes moving Sims in. Then I'll do ur suggestion indeed.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th May 2017 at 8:26 PM
The CEP installs normally in the UC and ends up in its normal place in the downloads folder. At least, mine did.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2017 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
The CEP installs normally in the UC and ends up in its normal place in the downloads folder. At least, mine did.

I had to install CEP also into the program files, Sims 2 ultimate collection. And it wounded up for two files in Sims3D folder. When u go to CEP download. There's a section on how to install for UC. And usually when I enter certain Los I download, it crashed even in build mode with no sims
But now it let's me enter it without crashing. I didn't try to .move them in. So when I get home in a bit. I'll try it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2017 at 12:02 AM
Okay......so I entered a moved Sims into the lot. NO crashing. Interesting.....

So it crashes only when I got my entire downloads folder in there then....hmmm...

Could it be low ram?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th May 2017 at 12:08 AM
Could be a CC item or hack that clashes with a CC item that comes with the house.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th May 2017 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Could be a CC item or hack that clashes with a CC item that comes with the house.

i got the insiminator
also scirptorium
and only hack i can think of is pose and animation but obviously those would never cause problems.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th May 2017 at 12:26 AM
Also, it crashed wit my downloads, but i did the suggestion the admin suggested, and it doesnt crash without my downloads. Heck I might be clueless, but most of my cc never causes crashing, buy mode seems to be fine, i downloaded some of mocchasims aprtments, they load fine. simmylicious house with my downloads crash when loading a family into there. so in conclusion.

Im lost with what the real issue is thats causing a crash.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th May 2017 at 1:56 AM
It does sounds like rogue CC - you might try the 50-50 method to locate the problem file.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 15th May 2017 at 1:59 AM
It's probably a piece of CC furniture. One time I downloaded a lot and the kitchen counter made my game crash anytime I tried to load a lot with the counter. If you know where all your recent CC is, you can try just pulling that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th May 2017 at 2:16 AM
What I meant was that if the game crashes when you've got all your downloads and the house, but works fine without the older downloads in, chances are there's an item (maybe even several) that clashes with something in your old downloads. Could be a hack that doesn't like a particular object, or an object not updated for an EP that somehow clashes with an object that is updated. Anything, really. A custom fire alarm and a couple of cars caused me heaps of headache a few years back.

If the game only crashes with sims there, it could even be a building issue that interferes with live mode. I've noticed that some lots will crash if cars (regular, not deco) aren't placed properly on a driveway (as in placed with cheats) - but only if there are sims on the lot. Then it causes errors and other annoyances. If I'm in build mode without sims, the lots will work just fine. A missing mailbox or trash can can also potensially cause troubles to the point where a lot doesn't work in live mode.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th May 2017 at 4:44 PM
Alright. Thank you all. I'll see what the culprit is.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th May 2017 at 8:36 PM
Alright. It seems like most of the culprits are from Paysitesmustbedestroyed area since they got cc from old sites that are way old and or gone. and i know the cc i always use, simmylicois sims's houses, mocchasims houses, sarah roses houses, sims in paris furniture, and sims cc for my sims are fine. so it has to be something from paysitesmustbedestroyed. and i was always told vitasims and reflexsims have some confliction but i honestly dont know.

good news I got a downloads folder from 2014 after i took a break on my mediafire still for backup thats 100% good. so the people i mention i got cc from and sims cc i have. they good. but as for paysites(not saying all sims sites on that website are bad) but a few on there i might need to stay away from due to there is possibly some outdated/corrupted cc.

PS: I will point this out. i know the way i explain things can be quite confusing or grammar wise sometimes. I have mild autism so apologies for any confusion on how I explain things if they sound confusing or incorrect.

Happy simming!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 15th May 2017 at 9:43 PM
paysitesmustbedestroyed is just an archive (nowdays) of past sim sites (that were paysites) - plenty of stuff on there works just fine and people still download a lot from there. PMBD is not a site that produces or produced its own downloads and I wouldn't issue a warning for it for that reason. Everything on there comes from somewhere else.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 1:40 AM
I had the same problem so I googled and found this thread. In case someone is also looking for a solution, what solved it in my case was removing the Rug Fix (zz_HL_RugFixesDL_ALL.package) from the Downloads folder. Perhaps this could help someone else so I'm writing it here.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 2:03 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Feb 2024 at 2:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mihaelism
I had the same problem so I googled and found this thread. In case someone is also looking for a solution, what solved it in my case was removing the Rug Fix (zz_HL_RugFixesDL_ALL.package) from the Downloads folder. Perhaps this could help someone else so I'm writing it here.

I'd think you had something that conflicts with the file. Could be an idea to look up the mod and see if there are any known conflicts with other mods.

I've had that mod in my game for quite some time (we're talking years of gameplay) without it causing crashing or any of that kind. Maybe some visual issues with some rugs that haven't been properly updated, but that's all.

Quote: Originally posted by MTVMoviemaker2
Alright. It seems like most of the culprits are from Paysitesmustbedestroyed area since they got cc from old sites that are way old and or gone.

PMBD hosts old pay files from a good long while back, and depending on where it's from (especially mods/modded CC), a lot of it could be either outdated (made before AL/M&G - check dates, test before using in a hood you care about), or could conflict with other mods. The quality varies, since it varied for the sites the items they were from. Some of it is fine to use regardless of date (most CAS content, most furniture), and some doesn't come with any explanation of what it is/does, just a picture if you're lucky. Probably not the best place for a download spree, at least if you don't quite know what you're downloading - especially from unfamiliar creators. If you're after something spesific, or want to look through stuff from a site you're familiar with, it's perfectly fine.

Besides, there could be broken files or badly made CC anywhere. Could be something as simple as a missed GUID number that causes a file to overwrite an ingame object, or a couple wrong entries and you've got yourself a crashing repo'd mesh. Or a mod that works fine on its own, but alongside 10 other mods you've got it causes errors/jump bugs.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 3:30 PM
The rug fix page says:

Quote:
This will conflict with any type of recategorizing or hider mods for rugs, specifially this one by Gwenke33 . This will not directly conflict with the M&G fix by Goggalor at MATY, but you no longer need that fix.

If you've got any such mods, that could be causing those issues.

How many .package files do you have for this mod? The page also notes that there are two .package files (one for people with only some EPs, one for people with all EPs) so if you've got both of them or the wrong one, that could be a reason.

Have you tried removing any rug-related CC while keeping this one, just to see if it's a conflict?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 4:25 PM
I had the same problem so I googled and found this thread. In case someone is also looking for a solution, what solved it in my case was removing the Rug Fix (zz_HL_RugFixesDL_ALL.package) from the Downloads folder.

That mod has two parts to it, so if you are removing the Downloads component you need to make sure that you also remove the bin component or else you'll see some graphical artefacts on maxis rugs. This mod in itself is not harmful, I've used it for a long time with no issues.
https://modthesims.info/d/399650/ru...g-off-grid.html
Inventor
#20 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 4:58 PM
Rugs don't like being converted to non-rugs (type 4) while placed on the lot. You can place new modded non-rugs afterwards. But existing rugs embed themselves into the floor, and you can't deal with them like normal objects in this state. I wanted to add a rug hack but gave up on it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
That mod has two parts to it, so if you are removing the Downloads component you need to make sure that you also remove the bin component or else you'll see some graphical artefacts on maxis rugs. This mod in itself is not harmful, I've used it for a long time with no issues.
https://modthesims.info/d/399650/ru...g-off-grid.html

I'm sorry for the incorrect advice! I had in fact a conflicting mod installed.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 6:50 PM
I'm sorry for the incorrect advice! I had in fact a conflicting mod installed.

Glad you sorted it out! Well done.