Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2017 at 5:05 PM
Default One With Nature - Sims 4 Challenge
I recently bought and downloaded the Outdoor Retreat game pack for the Sims 4 (I know, I'm very late to the party with this one) and I am absolutely in love with the new content! So, I decided to create a challenge based around, well, the outdoors!

Backstory
This is just the backstory that I decided to create for my sim, but it can be whatever you would like.
Ivy grew up in an apartment with her parents and siblings in the big city of San Myshuno. She never really fit in with the rest of her family, who all dreamed of becoming politicians, superstars, or famous chefs. Ivy didn't want any of those things. All she wanted was to feel as though she was one with nature, and she had that dream ever since she was born. She was still a toddler when her mother walked in on her feeding and playing with the mice that lived in the house. By the time that Ivy was a teenager, she knew what she wanted. She needed to get out of that dreadful city. The constant traffic, the crime, and the people made her sick. She wanted the simple life; she wanted to live on a small plot of land with her own garden and pond, and to have children that shared her passion. The moment that Ivy graduated high school, she moved out of the apartment and found herself a small, unoccupied plot of land in Willow Creek, with huge hopes for her future.

Create-A-Sim
To start off this challenge, you need to create a sim (imagine that!). Your sim may be either Young Adult or Adult and of any gender, but you may only create one! His or her traits can be whatever you would like, but you need to have the Loves Outdoors trait. As for aspirations, you need one of the nature-based ones. Make your sim look as though he or she has been living in the wilderness for years, with simple and comfortable clothes, maybe even no shoes. Don't give your sim any accessories or jewelry unless it looks like it was homemade.

Gameplay
This challenge is going to start off in a similar fashion to the Rags to Riches challenges. You will move onto a plot of land, but rather than starting with $0, you will have $1000 (fit this into your backstory in any way that you like; for mine, Ivy's parents gave her the money to help her achieve her dreams). You will use this money to build a small cabin with all of the necessities. If you want, you can simply buy a tent and make something like a campground to start off with.
Once your home is set up, you need to get to work (not the expansion, silly!). Your goal is to make as much money as you can through fishing, gardening, and finding collectables, and you will use this money to expand your lot into a homey cabin. Your cabin should not have tons of electronics, as your sim does not want or need fridges, microwaves, TVs, etc.. Your sim is expected to find a husband/wife, and have or adopt children.

Goals
These are things that you need to complete the challenge!
- Complete your main sim's aspiration (you do not need to complete your family's aspirations, but it is more challenging to try).
- Have a husband/wife, and have a traditional and minimalist wedding.
- Have at least 2 children.
- Achieve at least level 7 of the Gardening, Fishing, Handiness and Herbalism skills (Herbalism only applies if you have Outdoor Retreat).
- Have at least 4 pieces of furniture that your sim has created on the woodworking table.

Rules
- Your sim cannot get a job! You can only make money from selling your fish that you catch, flowers/produce that you grow, or rocks/gems that you dig up.
- No cheats are allowed! You may only use testingcheats true if you must reset your sim due to a bug.
- No eating at restaurants or at other people's homes; you can only eat the produce you grow or fish you catch.
- You can only use showers at public lots once a week; once you have your own shower, this no longer applies.

Losing Conditions
- If the main sim dies, you lose.
- If you break any of the rules, you lose!
- If your sim dies before you complete all of the goals, you lose.

After Completing the Goals
If you manage to survive the game long enough to complete all of the goals with your main sim, you can either end the challenge OR continue the challenge again with one of your sim's offspring! If you do this, you must move your child to an empty lot once he/she reaches Young Adult, and restart the challenge. See how many generations you can survive!

I hope that everyone enjoyed this challenge! It sounds like tons of fun to me and I am going to try it as soon as I finish typing this. Let me know if you decide to play it as well, and tell me how it goes! Thank all of you for reading :lovestruc :lovestruc
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 9:36 PM
I really like this challenge!
I like things related to nature, I will do.
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 6:45 AM Last edited by DarkChii_666 : 2nd Jul 2017 at 8:11 PM. Reason: Spell-check
Perfect timing for me to find this challenge! I was just about to create a "nature-loving" Sim, to add to my neighbourhood, and do pretty much exactly what your challenge entails: garden, complete several collections, explore Granite Falls (and all the collectibles there), etc. This challenge pretty much hits the nail on the head, for the idea I had in mind; and since I love playing challenge-style, making this household a challenge household will be absolutely amazing!

This is a nice simple challenge, leaving room for each player to add their own additional goals, rules, restrictions, etc. I'm even more excited to create my "Nature-loving" Sim now that I have this challenge to do!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 4:40 PM
I plan to make this into my first sims 4 lets play series on youtube!
Screenshots