Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:01 PM
Default PanAm103: Alenquer
This is my BACC neighbourhood, Alenquer. It is actually a subhood of Strangetown, but I consider it the main hood for challenge purposes.

Alenquer was founded by Francisco Alenquer (Francis J. Worthington from LFT) and his wife, Melissa, two generations ago. It is a small, modern desert hood with lots of small businesses. It is the type of neighbourhood where everyone knows everyone. It is a rich place, mainly on the left of the hood (the most densely populated area).

Leadworth - yes, Doctor Who fans, I named it after the Ponds' hometown - was my first (sub)subhood. It was a land of new opportunities for my Sims. On one side of the river, there's the rural and historic Leadworth - Lower Leadworth. Upper Leadworth, on the other side of the river, is a modern city, with crazy expensive houses, a luxury car dealership, and more. However, there's also a darker area, with shady businesses and a general bad atmosphere. This hood is where I experiment a lot with building. Sometimes I like the end result and keep it - that's how most of these buildings "came to life".

Sobralenquer - literally "Over Alenquer" - is a remote area where my military base operates. Currently, the military is composed of 8 Sims - there were 9, but the General was fired in a chance card, which I interpret as a riot. It is a bit of an anarchy there right now. I think it has some story potential.

My last (sub)subhood is my biggest project: a man-made island called Eutopia. It is currently uninhabited (though I have already created a Sim to live there), and only has a park, which was actually based on the National Park in Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver , and a skyscraper, as well as some hood decoration.

So, yes, I still have a lot to do in Alenquer, but the challenge is long, so no worries. My current population, spread through these four subhoods and La Fiesta Tech, is 84, and I have a multiplier of 24, which means we're now at 2016 (the goal is 50000). In the next posts I will present each household. Anyway, hope you like Alenquer!
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:24 PM
Eutopia looks very promising once it starts getting content, will it be more like a city. I get a very New York City feel (probably because of the Statue of Liberty).

Sobra has an interesting present history too. Hopefully they can get everything under control without their leadership. The way the hood looks, it almost seems like a dam.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:38 PM
While I was thinking about Eutopia, my inspiration were Arab cities like Dubai, mixed with New York - hence the Statue of Liberty. Sobralenquer will remain an anarchy for a while - they're among the last households to be played in the rotation . Perhaps by then more Sims will have joined the military.
I would be grateful if I could get some ideas for "Method A" community lots (i.e. community lots that cannot be owned, ever). I currently have a graveyard, a museum and a hangout spot (Alenquer), a cultural centre (Leadworth) and a park (Eutopia). What else could I build?
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:54 PM
Great job on these hoods! They're scenic, beautiful and seemingly well planned. I also love the concept, however the terrains could be a bit less 'linear'. Even so, overall they are aesthetically satisfying and cohesive hoods. Bravo!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Link Ninja
#5 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 12:12 AM
Community center? Like a place for sims to swim, play chess and games, read secondhand books. Or a community soup kitchen (you'd probably have to get the hack that allows the uni cook on community lots)

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 2:02 PM
You could also build a museum with dedications to significant sims in the history of the locale.

You really have your work cut out with these neighbourhoods- that's a lot of terrain to fill in Eutopia! I really love the BACC neighbourhood- nice canyon terrain and the buildings look lovely. Leadworth looks very interesting- can't wait to see some of your experimental lots! The military base is kinda scary, I hope it all works out okay there! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 12:25 AM Last edited by PanAm103 : 17th Apr 2017 at 3:27 AM.
Default Alenquer's Households
These are the households in the main hood, Alenquer.

Alenquer Household

Smis Household

Silva Household

Carpinteiro Household

Pires Household

Hsu Household

Spitzig Household

Grunho Household

Silva-Grunho Household

Papinha Household

Goth Household

Machado Household

Santos Household

Marques Household

Wow, that surely was a long post! It took me the whole afternoon to write this, and I still have Leadworth's, Sobralenquer's and La Fiesta Tech's households to write about, although most of those are recent and have little history, and there's not as many of them. As you can see, the most recent households have barely any description - I have only played one full rotation with most of them, and I'm not exactly attached to them. While I remember most of the events in, say, the Silva's household from the beginning until this rotation, I can't say the same for the newer households. I even had to enter the household to check Isabel Goth's job, as I just couldn't remember it. Their place in the rotation is nearly arriving, so, I'll try to make them more interesting.
The population has increased since I wrote the original post to 2136 Sims. The next household in the rotation is the Spitzig household, let's see what is going to happen next!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PanAm103
The population has increased since I wrote the original post to 2136 Sims.

Wow, that's a lot of sims! (Yes, I kinow that you're using the BACC multiploer, but still you have a lot of playables! )

I love your lots @PanAm103 , especially the one with the parabolic roof. Are those what you've built yourself? Your sims sound interesting, looking forward to hearing more about them!

Thanks for the entertaining posts, please show us more soon! :lovestruc
Theorist
#9 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 4:39 PM
I don't know why I thought you had 2136 sims for real.
I love your lots, too. You have serious building skills.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:01 AM
Thanks a lot, guys
The only lot not built by me was the Machado lot (the one with the parabolic roof), which was actually built my Mootilda. All other lots are mine: the Alenquer, Smis, Silva, Carpinteiro, Pires and Santos households are mine from scratch, while the others are heavily remodeled Maxis houses. For example, the Goth and Papinha lots are remodels of Bluewater Village's 33 Gondola Way and the Grunho lot is a remodel of BV Mansion from the Lot Bin. As for the community lots, only two of them are remodels, the rest is 100% me.
Soon I will post about the subhoods, which are mostly my creations.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 7:46 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 18th Apr 2017 at 4:25 PM.
You have nice houses and nice looking 'hoods too. While I was looking at them, I could not help thinking I wish I had solar panels. I like the solar panels.

What is a BACC neighborhood? Would you explain the challenge you are playing? I enjoyed reading your posts.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:31 PM
Thanks a lot, guys
The only lot not built by me was the Machado lot (the one with the parabolic roof), which was actually built my Mootilda.

Ah yes, or course! She did a whole bunch of lots with curved rooves.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=299010

All other lots are mine: the Alenquer, Smis, Silva, Carpinteiro, Pires and Santos households are mine from scratch, while the others are heavily remodeled Maxis houses.

Very impressive, I like that they look as though they suit the climate and terrain.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 4:21 PM
@lordtyger9
Thanks! I like the solar panels too, though they broke in my game a while ago and don't do anything to the bills (I'm guessing it is because of the buyable mailbox, someday I shall test it out).
BACC means Build A City Challenge. I'm playing iCad's variant. It is very long challenge, with plenty of rules and restrictions, but the basic goal is to build a city from scratch and reach a population of 50000 - obviously, with multipliers, or our games would explode . This hood is two years old, and yet I only have 4% of the population. So yeah, it will take a while.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 4:34 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 18th Apr 2017 at 7:25 PM.
@lordtyger9
Thanks! I like the solar panels too, though they broke in my game a while ago and don't do anything to the bills (I'm guessing it is because of the buyable mailbox, someday I shall test it out).
BACC means Build A City Challenge. I'm playing iCad's variant. It is very long challenge, with plenty of rules and restrictions, but the basic goal is to build a city from scratch and reach a population of 50000 - obviously, with multipliers, or our games would explode . This hood is two years old, and yet I only have 4% of the population. So yeah, it will take a while.

Doing a 50/50 test does not take all that long. I would test myself. I could not resist as not knowing would bug me to death.

I plan to read about your challenge as I am curious and I am sure that you must be enjoying the challenge. After all a long challenge makes it possible for there to be a long time to enjoy it.

It looks to me like you are doing very well. Keep up the good work, I am enjoying reading about your game.

I don't think I would do any of the challenges just yet, but I will consider the BACC iCAD's variation more or less at some point in the future. I read the rules and it sounds quite interesting, I saved a copy of them. The iCAD version of BACC sounds interesting enough for me to want to try it when I next start a new Neighborhood and try the BACC, when that might happen I don't really know though. I just won't do it until I get tried of how I play now and that could be a while.

I like to play with a fair number of MODs and I cheat a lot, so that means that I won't want to do most of the challenges. With my Sims, I am supreme god and I can do what I want.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 1:40 PM
First of all, sorry for not having posted anything recently. School has started and I'm very busy, so I don't have much time to play Sims and post here. I have now finished playing the Spitzig household (I play 7-day rotations, so each household takes a while). I'll try to play another 2-3 households and then post here.
Instructor
#16 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 2:28 PM
That's fine, I've been busy with school too

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th May 2017 at 10:20 PM Last edited by PanAm103 : 21st May 2017 at 2:38 PM.
Hey guys! Unfortunately, my computer stopped working a couple of weeks ago. We tried to fix it, but apparently it is gone for good, as all of my data. Most personal data was saved on an external drive, but my Sims backups weren't (yes, I was a bit stupid not to save them externally). So I've now lost my two years worth of progress in this neighbourhood.
Link Ninja
#18 Old 20th May 2017 at 7:37 PM
No! My utmost condolences