Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2016 at 8:29 PM
Default Fixing blue thumbnail
I went back to a set I began long ago, and realised that the twin bed in that set is showing blue in the catalogue. the bed itself shows up just fine in game. It's been so long...I do not remember AT ALL how to fix this or what causes it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th May 2016 at 1:26 AM
Just the thumbnail is blue? No blue flashies? If you click to refresh that thumbnail does it show properly then? I want to say that has something to do with the TXMT and if that's not it, something isn't linked up properly. The bed shows fine once out of the catalog, so it's not something object breaking. The blue thumbnail in this case is purely cosmetic.. but annoying. (I've got a couple of object sets in my downloads that do this - the creator isn't active anymore so I can't point it out to them and I'm too lazy to fix it myself. So I just put up with it, lol.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2016 at 3:01 AM
Refresing it does not fix it no..and thank you for your reply !
I'll check the TXMT. and I think this starting showing up blue when I decided to edit that bed to had a subset...it's been so long as I said, that I cannot remember properly. I was making this set as a request for someone, and they wanted the frame to be recolorable..while I did not. So trying to add this..maybe I did something wrong.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th May 2016 at 9:11 AM
Yeah, something isn't linked right. I wish I could remember what it was that I read about this at one time and where I read it at. All I remember is that something isn't linked right and I'm pretty sure it was TXMT related. If you can't figure it out, I can take a look at it for you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th May 2016 at 2:46 PM
Ok..I think I found the problem. The bed looks ok in game, because I left the textures in the package. But that bed is supposed to be a slave to my crib in the same set..I always do this. Crib' frame subsets ends up being the master, and bed frames always the slave, while the bedding becomes its own master and share its texture with other beds in the same set.

I looked into the SHPE and indeed..the frame still has the bed listed, when it should be the crib's.
Other settings must be linked already, so this is why. Easy..when preview the GMDC..no texture appears.
Me off to fix this!

You know what? It is a very bad idea to not finish a set and then having to come back to it year(s) later...confusing material I tell you!

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th May 2016 at 11:14 PM
Well. Not quite what I was thinking (and it's going to bug me until I remember exactly what I read, lol) BUT - it's fixed then? Yay!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th May 2016 at 11:37 PM
Nah...not yet. lol
That twin bed is also the master of my toddler bed..(bedding) Now, both have their bedding blue.
So I took a break..