Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Which differeces do you want about Sim Birth?
Birth at hospitals
205 27.97%
Longer Labour
74 10.10%
Birth was in different ways (i.e Squatting, lying down..)
138 18.83%
You could give birth on bed or sofa
154 21.01%
All of above
502 68.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 733. You may not vote on this poll

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 1:15 PM
Default Sim Birth
OK. Sorry if this has been done already, but I'm working on bringing an ambulance for births. Maxis did try it, but it was abandoned. I need to test a bit further e.c.t and I am not a great hacker. Hense this phrase;

Hang on! We're on our way! Delivering a baby should be left to professionals, so please ...don't do anything stupid!

I wanted to know if someone could help me to upload. I dont know what section to put this in, so since I'm working on a gaemplay hack I put it here. If it is wrong could a mod move it for me please?

Replies appreciated

Simmygurl
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 2:07 PM
I think that this is a great idea! I never really liked the idea that all sims had home births. Sure it could happen occationally but a medic assisted birth seems so much more realistic.

I can't volunteer to help, however, because I know nothing about modding/hacking. But I send creative vibes your way.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 2:10 PM
simmygurl il ltest it for you!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 2:14 PM
OK I will test it now and upload it but what I am asking is how do I upload? Thaks for the quick replies! I'll upload soon then I'm going to go on to 'How Do I...'
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 2:16 PM
ok you post it ina zip/rar and then the mods aprove it!! just edit your first post and atatch the file and it willbe approved by the mods shortly i cant wait to test it!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 2:21 PM
loads of peeps are on here but i want to know how to upload?!? HOW DO I UPLOAD CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 2:22 PM
Im the first who will download it , it's an GREAT idea! dont like those standard contractions all the time.. thanks!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 2:23 PM
simmygurl in your first psot edit it and inthe post options it should have atatchments post your file ina zip/rar and then press send then the mods approve it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 2:25 PM
Boo Hoo I Have To Get Off The Pc!
i am trying to upload it in rar but it says its properties are not allowed. I need to go I'll test t tommorow I have school soon so please get back 2 me someone and I will upload preferably tommorow.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmygurl
i am trying to upload it in rar but it says its properties are not allowed. I need to go I'll test t tommorow I have school soon so please get back 2 me someone and I will upload preferably tommorow.

ok put it in a zip file.... it should work that way try that before you go
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 3:36 PM
i wish i knew how to but i dont and once you put it on this website i am definitly going to download it
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 3:47 PM
could anyone please tell me if there actually is a hospital somewhere in the community lots where child birth could take place
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 3:01 PM
There is actually one they tried to do but abandoned it again I tried to upload again buyt it didn't let me so I will try not been tested yet please test and report back BETA TESTING please read T&C's when downloaded
#14 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 3:16 PM
this is great I'll test it!
#15 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 3:37 PM
Does it work???
#16 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 4:07 PM
I downloaded it but nothing is happening. What exactly is supposed to happen?
Forum Resident
#17 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 4:12 PM
same with me nothing happned
Forum Resident
#18 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 4:20 PM
iam confuse dit doesnt appear to work not for me anyway
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 4:31 PM
First off, you're supposed to have a sim in their third stage of pregnancy, about to give labor. Did you try the phones to see if simmygurl did a hack on the phone, to call an ambulance?

Simmygurl, I'll test it today and see what happens. I'll get back to you today.

-Asia.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 4:40 PM
nope nothing happens maybe its a mod compatibilty issue i have the inteen and insim and the triplets etc hack and stuff i dunno if that has anything to do with it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 4:43 PM
Thankyou I explained I did not test it so I will have to test in now I was going to just explain what I was doing but everyone wanted it. Hacks take a while to test and make work. You need to make sure you have done what AsiaRavenBlade99 said and then, when in labour, pick up the phone. Too see if it works before hand, click on Call-Emergency-Hospital. If that is not availible I will need to do some more modding. I think it is there but I haven't included the pic i need some more peeps 2 tell me it doesn't work and I'll investigate it this is my first hack and first upload so please excuse me! Its in beta testin stage I just wanted to know if it worked coz i couldnt test it I am gonna test it now.
Be back soon

Simmygurl
P.S I pray this works! If it doesn't can some talented modders and hackers out there help me on this project please?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 4:45 PM Last edited by simmygurl : 6th Sep 2005 at 4:46 PM. Reason: I want the thanks button!
carlydunham I think it is this hack it was only a go I'll change some things soon I dont think it was an compatibility issue. Instead of testing it, I'm working on fixing it right now. OK I am going to delete this thread and when I fix it I will re-upload it in Gameplay Hacks.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 4:44 PM
there are 2 files where should the bak file go? i think that maybe the sissue
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 4:49 PM
carlydunham i think u leave everything in there i made 2 coz SimPE meade 2 and i thought it was vital. I'm changing it now maybe the fact that I havent made a pic is why..
Forum Resident
#25 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 4:52 PM
ok iam gonna reload my game and try it without the bak file and see what happnens
Locked thread | Locked by: CynicalChick Reason: Progress ceased a long time ago
Page 1 of 4