Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:26 PM Last edited by VICIOUS713 : 6th Jun 2009 at 9:41 PM.
Default My Sim Won't Go To Work!
I know this isn't a support forum, but i've not gotten a response from EA's forums or their sims3 forum yet, and this community seems to be much more pro-active anyways! So, heres whats up:

I click the go to work button from the Job tab, and she dismisses it. I've told her to go to work from both of her cars, and those are dismissed as well.. When the carpool arrives, she hops into the car, only to appear on the sidewalk again! I've forced her to drive all the way up to work, and when i try to click on the building, it says "no Interactions available"

... So i tried the old Sims2 techniques..

-Testing Cheat enabled true, Shift-Clicked the sim, the "Force Error" button does not show up.

-moveObjects On. Deleting the sim, saving it, and quitting to main menu. Returning to the game is like starting a brand new one! Sim doesn't exist, nor does that save game. Thank god i saved it under a different name.

- I've even tried Evicting the sim to a new lot, and playing from there. That didn't work.. >.o

... Can somebody please help me resolve this issue?!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:28 PM
Does your sim have any traits that could stop him from working? Maybe he just doesn't want to.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lminchillo
Does your sim have any traits that could stop him from working? Maybe he just doesn't want to.

She's in a perfectly happy mood, and she's never Missed a day of work.. Its.. just not like her xD
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:04 PM
Actually, this *is* a support forum! I think what Lminchillo was asking was : what traits does she have? Neurotic, lucky etc. those sorts of thing.

Also, have you recently added any custom content? I take it that she was performing just fine and then , WHAM, decided not to work? It truly sounds like a game glitch. Is this only happening with one sim? What career is it? Can you duplicate it with other sims?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:26 AM
The only thing that i changed from yesterday, i replaced the executable with one that'd let me boot without the disc. Saves my family the hassle of 'Animal Crossing' our copy about the house.

She's Evil, so you think she'd want to go to work as Evil Overload or whatever it is.
I just made a new sim today, and she's going to work fine..
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:30 AM
Remove the no-CD crack - we do not support them here.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:34 AM
The CD crack is not the source of the problem, i've tried the game without it just before the new sim. Still no job.
Locked thread | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: No support for cracked games.