Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:36 PM
Default How to get to the house ?
Yes i'm completley new to this and i really have no clue what to do. After downloading and installing the lots correctly, i have no problem with that. How can i get my sim to move into the new lot. I mean i have no idea on how to place the lot in my city. building mode , buy mode ? i tried to search and read the faq but it didnt cover anything on how to get your lot showing up in your city... its not there if i just install and start the game

cheers all and good job on this site.

// Mike
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paniik
Yes i'm completley new to this and i really have no clue what to do. After downloading and installing the lots correctly, i have no problem with that. How can i get my sim to move into the new lot. I mean i have no idea on how to place the lot in my city. building mode , buy mode ? i tried to search and read the faq but it didnt cover anything on how to get your lot showing up in your city... its not there if i just install and start the game

cheers all and good job on this site.

// Mike

I was having the same problem.I found out that You have to choose a lot that already int he game. That lot with your Sim becomes the game that you will be playing. Because if you Evict your Sim for any reason. The Game clears him or them. Out of the files. So. you would have to start all over again. First buy a cheap lot. Then use motherlode cheat a lot. About twenty times would work. The save your game as: Joe blow Simes. Something like this. Then in you option box there is a edit tool for the town. I had to follow the book in this one. It can get very frustrating. Then when you go back to the lot start the game again. Get your Sims to have something happen to them that will cause you to move that Sims off the lot. Mind got robbed five straight! Because I gave Him over 4,000,000. When you move. You will be asked to choose another lot to move to. Hope I helped you some.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:49 AM
Is that really needed? Can't you just choose in the computer the option to move out of that house? (Can't really remember if that option exists, but I think it does)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:20 AM
I want to know how you put the houses in the neighborhood OR say there is a house you totally adore . . . but some sims are already there . . . how do you get them out? And I wanted to move my sim in with Don Lothario but it wouldnt let me just move her right in, straight off the bat . . . -.-
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:23 AM
You can use Edit Town mode to move families around, move them in or out, and merge them.

Spend some time in Edit Town mode and check out all the buttons... I think people are missing a lot of potential by not exploring it

Part of the reason, I think, is that the very first time you start up the game, you're in a kind of tutorial mode which basically bypasses Edit Town. Once you get past that, go back to edit town and set things up now you want.
Inventor
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:35 AM
Use Edit town to add houses to lots. You have to add the house to an empty lot. By empty, I mean the lot has to exist and not be normal ground. I found that out last night when adding a house to the neighborhood.
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:53 AM
On the phone there is an option to move out of the house