Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 2:15 AM Last edited by Boosterbear : 8th Mar 2019 at 3:50 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default HoodChecker - Change Default Graveyard
I recently used hoodchecker and it prompted me to select a graveyard. All well and good, I somewhat expected that since Ellen Frost had died. But now I'd like to change that default graveyard, since the one I had used is now full. Is there a mod to go about doing that, or is there some way I can fix it in hoodchecker?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 3:58 AM
I think that only happens if graves are currently in transit when HoodChecker looks at your neighborhood. You should be able to select your cemetery as usual when moving graves in-game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 3:59 AM
Thank you! I haven't had someone die yet, I was just wanting to make sure.
If there are graves in transit next time I use hoodchecker, will it still put them in my previously selected graveyard or will I get that pop-up again?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 4:52 AM
When Hoodchecker finds grave tokens that don't 'point to' a legitimate lot it runs the 'select graveyard code', once selected it'll correct those tokens to 'point to' the lot you selected and the game will cause the grave stones to be moved there. The selected lot or graveyard is only for that session of hoodchecker and the next time you use hoodchecker if there is no faulty tokens, (if you haven't deleted any lots with urn/gravestones on) then it won't run the 'select graveyard code'.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 10:50 AM
At the beginning of every session, I use the batbox to Nuke > Global Urnstone Tokens (if there aren't any, this option won't show up). If I do this regularly, I don't have to worry about the Hoodchecker demanding that I pick a new graveyard for them.

If you are actually moving graves to a cemetery lot, do NOT use this option until after you have placed them safely in the cemetery and saved the cemetery lot.

Grave tokens seem to get stuck "in transit" quite often. Every time I play a neighborhood with graves in it, I have to "nuke" some of them when I start playing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 3:50 PM
Thank you both! I'm very hesitant to play around with these settings in my new hood, but I used to use "Nuke Global Urnstone Tokens" all the time in my old game. I just wanted to be extra cautious this time around, as the sim died on a dorm lot