Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Advertisement
Scholar
#6952 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 10:56 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 20th Mar 2019 at 4:00 AM.
The UI portraits poses constantly change after changing clothes after a certain EP which they didn't do so in the base game. Can't remember the EP that brought that feature or bug in but static portrait mods prevent a new pose from being generated every time a sim changes clothing category ie from causal to PJs or swimwear to gymwear.

In inspiredzones case a sim probably walked outside with seasons, the mod inspiredzones had used wasn't updated for that new coding and so error spammed, throwing a tantrum.
At least thats my understanding of the probable cause.

Had the same issue recently due to a different problem.
Its funny for 10 seconds, then its just annoying.
Scholar
#6953 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 9:29 PM
Oh, the Criminal career reward can break! Ok, I guess it's not so surprising, because it's a machine after all, but I found it amusing.
One of my Sims repaired it, but now that I think of it... it would have been funny to hire a repairman to fix this sort of not-so-legal stuff.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#6954 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 3:09 AM
"So, uh, what's this thing do, anyways?"
"Don't worry about it. Just fix it."

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#6955 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
"So, uh, what's this thing do, anyways?"
"Don't worry about it. Just fix it."

"Yeah it certainly doesn't do anything to destroy the economy the way the Bush Administration did..."
Mad Poster
#6956 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 7:59 PM
Urine in the pool is opaque, which is so clear you cannot miss that the Sims 'did' in it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#6957 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Urine in the pool is opaque, which is so clear you cannot miss that the Sims 'did' in it.

Did it turn blue? Did it?
That would have fulfilled a secret childhood dream of mine!!!
Because, heck, yeah, I wanted so badly to know if that was actually true (my mom told me so but moms are not to trust) and I never dared to actually pee on me to check it (because, ehem, what if it actually changed color?).

And now here I am, longing for my Sims to roll a "pee in the pool" want
Mad Poster
#6958 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 9:36 PM
Yes, it did.

Mad Poster
#6959 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 10:19 PM
Funny, a sim of mine peed in the pool too today. Though I don't know how it did that for you, as my sim performed the *oops i am peeing myself* animation on top of the water. Since that anim does not exist without standing up. The puddle appeared by the pool, on the ground.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6960 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 4:35 PM
They continued to swim. Don't think there was any special animation.

Scholar
#6961 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 6:35 PM
I wonder if it's a sloppy/neat distinction? Sloppy Sims don't care if they pee in the pool (same as they don't care if they pee in the shower), but neat Sims only do it if it's a real accident and thus have the animation? But I've never seen it at all, so I'm just guessing.
Scholar
#6962 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 7:36 PM
Somehow I had never had a Sim (of any age) roll a want that had something to do with the pet bird cage. I had never bought the birdcage, as I assumed it would be fairly non-interactive (like the fishtank).

But I had a child roll a 'play with bird' want, and after wondering "What bird"? I bought the cage and a parrot. I had no idea the bird pets were so interactive. The flying around, the nervousness when the cats are checking them out, teaching them to talk, etc.

It's pretty amazing when you can still discover new stuff in a game that's been sunsetted for over a decade.
Mad Poster
#6963 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I wonder if it's a sloppy/neat distinction? Sloppy Sims don't care if they pee in the pool (same as they don't care if they pee in the shower), but neat Sims only do it if it's a real accident and thus have the animation? But I've never seen it at all, so I'm just guessing.

That wouldn't make much sens-- oh you mean If whether or not will they run into the toilet? Dunno, but I am doubtful. I don't think the jesus-has anything to do with the Sims related personality, lol.

Forum Resident
#6964 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Somehow I had never had a Sim (of any age) roll a want that had something to do with the pet bird cage. I had never bought the birdcage, as I assumed it would be fairly non-interactive (like the fishtank).

But I had a child roll a 'play with bird' want, and after wondering "What bird"? I bought the cage and a parrot. I had no idea the bird pets were so interactive. The flying around, the nervousness when the cats are checking them out, teaching them to talk, etc.

It's pretty amazing when you can still discover new stuff in a game that's been sunsetted for over a decade.

Wait! There's a pet bird cage?

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Theorist
#6965 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 1:02 AM
Over the past few days I felt like playin a bit different and have been playin Strangetown. As I was fixin likes and dislikes it just struck me that sims can like/dislike witches, werewolves, plantsims, and even robots, but they can't like/ dislike aliens.

I'd never given it a thought before as I never use any of those L/D as they don't fit my style of play. I'mma guess the reason aliens aren't in the L/D category is because aliens have actual skin tones whereas the SN use an overlay... is this correct?
Mad Poster
#6966 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Over the past few days I felt like playin a bit different and have been playin Strangetown. As I was fixin likes and dislikes it just struck me that sims can like/dislike witches, werewolves, plantsims, and even robots, but they can't like/ dislike aliens.

I'd never given it a thought before as I never use any of those L/D as they don't fit my style of play. I'mma guess the reason aliens aren't in the L/D category is because aliens have actual skin tones whereas the SN use an overlay... is this correct?

It was true until.....
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=318327
And I love this so much, in my game.

Theorist
#6967 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 1:51 AM
I think I have that for the glasses fix. So then that means if I set it to custom hair they'll like/ dislike aliens?
Mad Poster
#6968 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 1:55 AM
Well, there are 2 different archives for downloads. The one named Alien is the one that will replace cc hair with alien. If you downloaded the other one, you got the fix that made glasses and cc hair be the same.
I downloaded the alien one, so now they are turn ons/turn offs.

Mad Poster
#6969 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
It was true until.....
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=318327
And I love this so much, in my game.

I used to use that one by Tunaisafish. I use Simler90's version now. There are several options to choose from, so read the descriptions carefully if you want to use this.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/609675...ye-colours.html
Theorist
#6970 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 2:34 PM
hmmmm with the recent rise in Alien Population in my game, that Alien turn on sounds very interesting...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Alchemist
#6971 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I used to use that one by Tunaisafish. I use Simler90's version now. There are several options to choose from, so read the descriptions carefully if you want to use this.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/609675...ye-colours.html

Does this one fix the bugs that tunaisafish does? I see some of the same ideas mentioned, but I don't see a credit to tunaisafish.
Lab Assistant
#6972 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 5:50 PM
I did not know that pets can play with RC car.
Sarah excitedly barks at and chases the RC car which Isabella Monty drives. And guess what Patrizio laughs at this crazy happy dog !
..Then my game decided to crash because apparently this slice of happy moment was too cute to bear.

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Mad Poster
#6973 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 6:13 PM
Having rebuilt a Maxis apartment, I moved a sim in and started furnishing. I soon discovered that 80% of the obviously empty squares in the apartment were "occupied." Out comes the Stuck Object Remover, nuking nuking nuking. Lots of pop-ups indicating the destruction of the items with which the base apartment lot was furnished, so it's clear enough what happened, though how is, as always, an interesting question. However, I can't nuke objects set below windows without nuking the windows and who the hell wants to rent an apartment with no windows?

And the moral is, even player-rebuilt Maxis apartments aren't worth the trouble. Build 'em from scratch and save them for reuse. I should get the apartments I built for the Apartment Mania contest into the bin for this iteration.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6974 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Does this one fix the bugs that tunaisafish does? I see some of the same ideas mentioned, but I don't see a credit to tunaisafish.

It's entirely possible that Simler90 wasn't aware of the tunaisafish mod. I get the impression that Simler90 writes their own mods from scratch, so it's understandable that there's no credit to another modder.

It can be hard to see in that wall of text just what changes Simler90 made, but Simler90's mod does fix the same bugs that tunaisafish did. Simler90's mod does a lot of other things too - additional bug fixes and changes in the TOs. Hats, Glasses and Jewelry were apparently such a mess that attractions for them were completely replaced with other TOs in Update 2. Custom hair is replaced with Young Adult. Aliens replaces Full Face Makeup.

Plantsim hair and eye TOs have been fixed in update 7. If you have a mod that allows plantsims to use normal hair and/or eyes, you can edit the mod yourself to work with your game.
Mad Poster
#6975 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 4:06 AM
I found out that you can make an ordinary house into a dorm. (Yeah, I'm a slow learner)
I used an empty Maxis house lot and converted it into a 2 sim dorm room. It even works!

Now I don't have to sludge through a dorm with 5+ people in it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 279 of 442