2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#6901 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 7:33 PM
@Pideli
To get embedded vids to work, you don't put the whole link, just the bit after the '=' bit. In your case: SyHZIXwI73Y

Share Discovery Story! My sim found a seashell and put it on the beach. He then autonomously dragged a sim to show his discovery.
He is so excited.

edit// nevermid, when clicked on the object you can direct a sim, any sim, even one who didn't find it, to tell a discovery story.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#6902 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 7:39 PM
@Giga Thank you! I'll definitely have use for that!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#6903 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GigaMy
sim found a seashell and put it on the beach. He then autonomously dragged a sim to show his discovery. He is so excited.

edit// nevermind, when clicked on the object you can direct a sim, any sim, even one who didn't find it, to tell a discovery story.

It's still more fun when they do it on their own though, even if somebody else found the "treasure". "Hey, look at this cool thing my room-mate found on vacation!"
Mad Poster
#6904 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 8:54 PM
That the newest trait mod for 'autonomous pick-pocketing' works beautifully. I've got the version that anyone but friends and family get pick-pocketed by the person who's got the "kleptomaniac trait'. So far the one pixel who does it has made about $450.
Funnily enough it doesn't seem to tick off the victim, which is one thing this mod is missing, if it needs to be improved-a hit on the relationship would be a nice touch. But otherwise, it works great!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#6905 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 12:00 AM
That there is a "Chased by Wolf" memory and, despite the wording of it, is apparently a happy one
Mad Poster
#6906 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 6:32 AM
I discovered that when a book is laying on the floor, it will be used to *Read To...* instead of the usual Kids cover book.
Phil deposed his green skill book on the carpet...he didn't put it away. César was around, and he asked his mom to be read to. Deborah then grabbed that same book and started to read it to him... Cool.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#6907 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 8:32 PM
I learned that kids can throw up from spinning on the merry go round. lol
Test Subject
#6908 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 7:31 AM
I discovered that sims can doze off in living chairs if they sit there long enough and they're a bit sleepy.

My Test of Time Challenge blog: https://primidia-sims.weebly.com/
Mad Poster
#6909 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 11:01 AM
I discovered that you have to have the original object in the game in order for a DR to show up.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#6910 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 8:54 PM
If the first-born child is a twin, their twin will be wrongly shown as the oldest child in the family tree.

Or the memories will be in the wrong order. One of those.

EDIT: Just tested it. The first born in the memories is the actual first born.

Mad Poster
#6911 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
If the first-born child is a twin, their twin may be wrongly shown as the oldest child in the family tree.

Or the memories will be in the wrong order. One of those.

I always go by the memories, if I'm choosing a heir or something, because I always grow them up in their "birth order" to keep memories consistant (unless they live on different lots, in which case it's whichever is first in my rotation). The DeBateau's had quads... and trying to always remember who the rightful heir is is a pain in the butt.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#6912 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 9:04 PM
You beat me to it, lol! I just tested it twice and yes the first born in the memories is the actual first born.

Theorist
#6913 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 12:24 AM
If I'm not completely mistaken, if there's twins the game will list them alphabetically, both in the family tree and among the household portraits.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#6914 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 3:32 AM
I learned there's a HEAD in the rock formation in Strangetown!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Scholar
#6915 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 3:48 AM
Probably not just a head, whoever created it must have sculpted the rest of the body just now its all underground
(Not true, but a thought based on the Easter island myth)

I've discovered that a Bar and Art gallery museum run through the autoticker from OFB are quite profitable.
Field Researcher
#6916 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Boosterbear
I learned there's a HEAD in the rock formation in Strangetown!!

Excuseme! a head?!

It is the head of our overlord, Will Wright.
Top Secret Researcher
#6917 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
If I'm not completely mistaken, if there's twins the game will list them alphabetically, both in the family tree and among the household portraits.

Nope, just in the household portraits. In the family tree it's reversed, even if the first-born's name is alphabetically before the second born.

Inventor
#6918 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 4:18 AM
That pets can react to their reflection in the mirror. My sim's dog is doing that right now :0

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Field Researcher
#6919 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 4:54 AM
If you got a birthday party and you have a mean, neat-freak sister, she will ruin your party. He grew up to a teen and while he was going through the growing up animation, sister cleaned up the cake. So the party become a disaster.
Top Secret Researcher
#6920 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 1:16 PM
Apparently you can eyedropper a skill bar. Not sure what happens when you do--I was worried the game would crash.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#6921 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 1:33 PM
I discovered that I am stupid. I will never, again, attempt to install anything other than cc into the game. I borked the game and ended up having to do an uninstall/install from Origin. Sorry, CH, I just can't have those expansions. But, it is what it is.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6922 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I discovered that I am stupid. I will never, again, attempt to install anything other than cc into the game. I borked the game and ended up having to do an uninstall/install from Origin. Sorry, CH, I just can't have those expansions. But, it is what it is.

What did you do?
Scholar
#6923 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 3:03 PM
You have to put the trash back in right away (manually) when the trash can is tipped over. I cheated to delete the trash and roaches this time only.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Lab Assistant
#6924 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Giga
Excuseme! a head?!

It is the head of our overlord, Will Wright.

I'm not gonna lie... I thought it was Ghandi

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Alchemist
#6925 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 7:44 PM
last time I looked at Strangetown's head sculpture, it seemed to look different from Will Wright.
I think closer to the head sculptures on Easter Island.
Page 277 of 442