Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#18376 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
My understanding is that you can remove InTeen without issues as long as you don't currently have a teen pregnancy in progress as it temporarily changes pregnant teens into a pseudo-adult state for the duration of their pregnancy. If you swapped it in and out for your Medieval hood, you'd need to be careful not to forget to put it back in for that hood if there were teen pregnancies underway.

Alright, thanks! Every time I put in the medieval folder I also put in sunni's medieval UI so that I have a clear reminder that I have the medieval stuff in. So I don't think there will be a problem to remember.

But I will look into the other mods the others mentioned. As long as they can achieve teen pregnancy it's interesting. Would be good with teen marriage too. (Oh wow that sounds really bad out of context )

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#18377 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I don't use ACR or Inteen, but by golly, I will clutch onto Community Lot time. I also use the visitor controller with CLT no problems.

Same here. The only problems I have with CLT are 1) there is a minor conflict with some other mod so that the pop-up info boxes telling what time the "away" sim will return are always blank and 2) I have to remember to remove it if my sims are going to visit a BV vacation destination (CLT fubars tourists checking into and out of hotels). I haven't noticed any problems between CLT and the VC.
Scholar
#18378 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Personally, I just found using Inteen too depressing. Apart from teens falling pregnant, adults have miscarriages as well, and that is followed by depression, and playing with a bunch of sims all in red just was not fun anymore.

I have the No Miscarriage flavour-pack, so that doesn't happen.

Except for one that I engineered when I first got InTeen, just to see how it worked, I haven't had any teen pregnancies and only one YA pregnancy (Roxie Sharpe, who was in a stable relationship and had her brother around as well). As far as the pregnancy aspect is concerned, I use it so married or co-habiting YA or adult Sims can have genuine oopsie babies, although once a Sim's had one oopsie I put her on birth control to reduce the risk of further accidents.

For me, the main purpose of InTeen is to allow teens who don't go to university to get adult jobs at the same age the others leave for college, to keep their ages equal and because that's what happens in real life, or sometimes I've used it to have all teens do military service between high school and a regular job or college. In my current hood, Isaiah Gavigan and Ginger Newson are already married as teens, but Ginger knows how much work toddlers are and is on birth control until she actually rolls a want for a baby.
Mad Poster
#18379 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 6:06 PM
@BlueAlien - I am sure there are plenty of reasons and ways to use inteen; and it is probably great for story tellers.

I just don't want to deal with it in my game. (In my country, teen pregnancies - including girls younger than that - is a huge social problem).

So I prefer to let my sim teens have a life. In my game, only romance teens are allowed to woohoo, and the rest will wait until they go to college (or longer) - depending on how I see that particular sim.
Mad Poster
#18380 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 10:14 PM
Other than the Becka_3D/afbodyhalterbuckle dress (which I do have all parts of), another holey EA mesh is afbodyexerciseoutfit.

I have Phaenoh_CareerClone_afbodyexerciseoutfit.package which shouldn't, as far as I understand, change the mesh shape at all, and anyway, it's Phaenoh, so that's hardly likely to have an unidentified problem.

My problem is something that's putting holes in multiple meshes. It's kind of a pain tabbing in and out of create a sim to flip through them all, but I guess that's tonight's 'play time' task!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#18381 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Other than the Becka_3D/afbodyhalterbuckle dress (which I do have all parts of), another holey EA mesh is afbodyexerciseoutfit.

I have Phaenoh_CareerClone_afbodyexerciseoutfit.package which shouldn't, as far as I understand, change the mesh shape at all, and anyway, it's Phaenoh, so that's hardly likely to have an unidentified problem.

My problem is something that's putting holes in multiple meshes. It's kind of a pain tabbing in and out of create a sim to flip through them all, but I guess that's tonight's 'play time' task!

It might not be much, but if it is a default replacement that creates this annoyance, you could at least narrow your search down with Delphy Downloads Organizer. Since it puts DR in Orphans, searching for Orphans would highlight them all? The more DR you have, the more results..but at least, you know what bunch to check.
@Sunbee

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18382 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
For me, the main purpose of InTeen is to allow teens who don't go to university to get adult jobs at the same age the others leave for college, to keep their ages equal and because that's what happens in real life, or sometimes I've used it to have all teens do military service between high school and a regular job or college. In my current hood, Isaiah Gavigan and Ginger Newson are already married as teens, but Ginger knows how much work toddlers are and is on birth control until she actually rolls a want for a baby.

I accomplish that simply by having young adults in the main hood. So if friends move to UNI and they stay behind they are all the same age. They get jobs, open shops and some get pregnant too.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#18383 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 4:15 AM
Again thank you, So basically there is no easier way to play premades and an empty custom nh, without renaming or replacing depending what you want to play at the moment since anytime you have the stealth nhs not renamed you will end up with bin families? I do not think I want to play premades, but if I set everything up for custom I am really not sure I will want to bother going back to unrename and risk my custom nh getting the bin families even with having the backup at hand. I just thought there may have been a way around the renaming each time you wanted to play with the premades.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
By "game session" I generally mean "block of time you have the game loaded." If you open X001 while the stealth hood is available to be loaded, it'll get loaded. If you enable the stealth hood, create X002, close the game, and disable the stealth hood again, it will no longer try to load.

Any new names you give the neighborhood template folders is good if you can recognize it, and the game can't. Even adding a single character should fool the program. The question is, will you recognize it? And will you be able to rename it back to functionality if you want to. I believe the usual approach is just to add NO or something equally unambiguous to the name of the file. Then if you want to re-enable it, all you have to do is erase the NO and you're good to go.

As for AGS without suppressed stealth hoods - you can just keep playing the hood in AGS. If you're using it to develop a hood for sharing or turning into a subhood for personal use, in particular, you should do all your development and playtesting in AGS. People who download the hood will be able to make their own decisions about the kind of environment they want to play it in; and if you're making a subhood template for personal use, you'll put it straight into the program files for the relevant EP and never have it in your full game until you add it to a hood.

One thing I forgot to mention - if you make an empty neighborhood, but do not have No Townie Respawn in your downloads folder, the game will start generating new NPCs and townies as fast as it can. This is fine if you want new ones but don't care about making your own, but if you want to personally create all the sims in your hood, you'll need to suppress spawning during play as well as the stealth hoods during creation.
Alchemist
#18384 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CoffeenSimming
Again thank you, So basically there is no easier way to play premades and an empty custom nh, without renaming or replacing depending what you want to play at the moment since anytime you have the stealth nhs not renamed you will end up with bin families? I do not think I want to play premades, but if I set everything up for custom I am really not sure I will want to bother going back to unrename and risk my custom nh getting the bin families even with having the backup at hand. I just thought there may have been a way around the renaming each time you wanted to play with the premades.

I may not understand exactly what you want, but I don't think it's that complicated, really. I set up empty stealth hoods a while back so now no bin families except in hoods I had started earlier. I have the extracted bin families in BodyShop, though, so I can add them in if I want, and I do. There are also subhoods available with the bin families in them that you can add and delete leaving the bin families in the main hood. Or, if you think you want a clean Maxis hood, you could just make one before you rename or whatever, and save it somewhere for when you want to use it later. So it's certainly doable to get those families in a game without all the renaming. If you did rename the stealth hoods, though, there's no danger at all to any custom hood you already have attached. Only newly made hoods would be affected.
#18385 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 5:05 AM
What does this mean?
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18386 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 5:08 AM
Is that Maxis or a recolour? The game can't find the texture.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#18387 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 2:01 PM
Yesterday I sent a Sim child out to stargaze while her father made dinner so she wouldn't go to bed without eating first......and she was hit by a falling satellite.
Now normally I wouldn't mind that, I like to work accidental deaths into the story and it was the first time that ever happened in my game. Ever. And I've been playing on and off since 2004.
But...are children supposed to be able to die by satellite or is that a sign of corruption? And since child ghosts tend to be wonky, does it corrupt the neighbourhood to have a child die?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Top Secret Researcher
#18388 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
And since child ghosts tend to be wonky, does it corrupt the neighbourhood to have a child die?

WHAT?! I've already done that.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#18389 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 3:39 PM
But...are children supposed to be able to die by satellite or is that a sign of corruption? And since child ghosts tend to be wonky, does it corrupt the neighbourhood to have a child die?

This is all as far as I'm aware, so correct me if I'm wrong;
Children can only die by fire and drowning, I believe.
I think the problem with child ghosts is that ghosts are counted as a different household, the one that contains special sims such as the Witch Doctor, Ideal Plantsim, etc meaning that when child sims are "out past their curfew" (because ghosts obviously only come out at night) a sim from that household (e.g. The Witchdoctor) shows up on the lot, but because they can't take the ghost home, they'll just stand there on the lot and be uninteractable. I believe that's how it corrupts the game, because you're using universal NPCs outside of their normal game mechanics.

Therefore I presume, if you have a no-curfew mod or send the grave to a community lot, it shouldn't be an issue.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#18390 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I think the problem with child ghosts is that ghosts are counted as a different household, the one that contains special sims such as the Witch Doctor, Ideal Plantsim, etc meaning that when child sims are "out past their curfew" (because ghosts obviously only come out at night) a sim from that household (e.g. The Witchdoctor) shows up on the lot, but because they can't take the ghost home, they'll just stand there on the lot and be uninteractable. I believe that's how it corrupts the game, because you're using universal NPCs outside of their normal game mechanics.

Therefore I presume, if you have a no-curfew mod or send the grave to a community lot, it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm sure I had a child die from something other than fire and drowning. Don't remember if it was hunger or illness. I have no social worker and RealSickness.
Wouldn't it be better to keep the child ghost at home in that case so no one would have to look for her after curfew?
Mad Poster
#18391 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 3:56 PM
Once they're ghosts they don't count as part of that household, whether the ghost is at home or on a community lot so they'd have someone look for them either way. At least with a community lot, you just don't visit at certain times.

Theorist
#18392 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 4:20 PM
Looking around the net I've seen statements to both: that children can die by satellite and that they can't. I suppose because it's such a rare death (as I said, I've had the game since 2004 on my first own computer and this is the first time I've seen it happen), there might not be enough data available to say whether it's normal game behaviour. I just assume it's nomral game behaviour.

Lab Assistant
#18393 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 4:25 PM
Yeah, basically I wanted cleaned up maxis hoods with bin families on hand in case I decide one day to play the premades and for them to not be corrupted from the beginning. And at the same time a clean empty game environment to create a custom nh with the best circumstances of being able to share it later if it turned out well.

Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I may not understand exactly what you want, but I don't think it's that complicated, really. I set up empty stealth hoods a while back so now no bin families except in hoods I had started earlier. I have the extracted bin families in BodyShop, though, so I can add them in if I want, and I do. There are also subhoods available with the bin families in them that you can add and delete leaving the bin families in the main hood. Or, if you think you want a clean Maxis hood, you could just make one before you rename or whatever, and save it somewhere for when you want to use it later. So it's certainly doable to get those families in a game without all the renaming. If you did rename the stealth hoods, though, there's no danger at all to any custom hood you already have attached. Only newly made hoods would be affected.
Mad Poster
#18394 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 4:52 PM

But regardless of the way they die, the problem of them being look out for after dark still *remains*...
That'd be awesome to know for sure.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#18395 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 5:24 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 5th Apr 2019 at 7:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CoffeenSimming
Yeah, basically I wanted cleaned up maxis hoods with bin families on hand in case I decide one day to play the premades and for them to not be corrupted from the beginning. And at the same time a clean empty game environment to create a custom nh with the best circumstances of being able to share it later if it turned out well.

So, any number of ways. The easiest is probably generating the Maxis hoods before you rename or replace and saving them for later if you haven't renamed or replaced the stealth hoods yet. Or just get the sims to add when you want to, individually. Or, these stealth as subhoods might work for you. I'm about to try this for adding pets into MMR's Fixed Dead Pleasantview without townies. http://meetmetotheriver.tumblr.com/...d-empty-stealth
Mad Poster
#18396 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 5:40 PM
Looking around the net I've seen statements to both: that children can die by satellite and that they can't. I suppose because it's such a rare death (as I said, I've had the game since 2004 on my first own computer and this is the first time I've seen it happen), there might not be enough data available to say whether it's normal game behaviour. I just assume it's nomral game behaviour.

Did you see it when it happened? and if so, did the animation look correct?

Side note, but can they die by disease? I swear I read in the Prima guide that if you're sick for 9 days you'll 100% die by disease. I always presumed that meant children couldn't die, being they only have 8 day life-spans - but a lot of the things in the Prima guide are actually inaccurate. Plus there is the aging off cheat, or mods (longer lifespans, harsher sicknesses etc). Has anyone had a child sim die by disease?

Theorist
#18397 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 6:11 PM

yeah I saw it, and as far as I can tell the animation was correct. She was star gazing, then she pointed towards the sky like she had seen something interesting and then the satellite crashed down on her and the grim reaper showed up.

Alchemist
#18398 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 6:13 PM

Side note, but can they die by disease? I swear I read in the Prima guide that if you're sick for 9 days you'll 100% die by disease. I always presumed that meant children couldn't die, being they only have 8 day life-spans - but a lot of the things in the Prima guide are actually inaccurate. Plus there is the aging off cheat, or mods (longer lifespans, harsher sicknesses etc). Has anyone had a child sim die by disease?

I turn off aging and have RealSickness, so, yes, kids can die from illness in my game. I'm always a bit nervous when a child gets sick, take really good care of them till they are well, then give them immunity. Seems realistic enough to me.
Scholar
#18399 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 7:23 PM
I've had child ghosts where the tombstone stayed on the playable's lot,(where the kid died) and only the family members "saw" the ghost.
Never thought about it causing corruption before.
The child ghost just stands there and occasionally 'appears' at a different spot. 0_0

Creepy as hell but not causing corruption ; as far as I know.

" Inama Nushif "
Theorist
#18400 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 7:24 PM
Not sure whether this helps with the discussion. But I ended up resurrecting the child (according to the rules under which I play the neighbourhood) and the game still recognized her as a child, showing that "You are trying to resurrect a child? I love children! Here have her back, just the way she was!" dialogue by Grim.

Page 736 of 1347