Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 5:20 PM
Default Split level stairs and hole in wall?
Well, I've started trying to get into some more advanced building techniques. I'm trying to put in these split level stairs, but the room next to the stair landing is causing me some problems.

It either has that big hole in the wall as the wall slopes down to meet the landing.

Or if I try and flatten that room, the floor in the landing slopes up.

I've been fiddling with it to try and fix this, but I just seem to find myself going between those two above scenarios as seen in the screenshots.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 6:26 PM
This is normal game behaviour. You can't fix it. You will need to somehow incorporate the missing/sloped floortile on the top level into your biulding (wall it in or make an open gallery).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 1:53 AM
Alright, thanks for the info. I'll just bring the staircase out a little further and avoid the problem altogether.
Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: Answered