Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 3:08 PM
Default help! the shutters on my homes do not show up in camera view.
When I try to take screenshots of my homes sometimes the shutters I put on the exterior don't show up, that is, they don't show up when all walls are up so that you can see the whole house, roof and all.

I usually have to play this game where I either change households then go back, or go to edit town and go back, or restart the game 47 times, and it's just really tiring.
Advertisement
Typical
#2 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 3:40 PM
Are they the correct way around?? Sorry if that sounded like I was insulting you but, quite often I have them the wrong way around.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 3:56 PM
There is a setting in Game Options that influences this. I can't recall at the moment what setting that was, but it was not very obvious – High Detail Lots? Tree Details? The shutters count as outdoor deco and if this setting is too low, they will only be rendered when the camera is quite close.

Either try hunting down that setting (I know it exists, because I had the same problem), or just zoom out the camera a bit further.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
There is a setting in Game Options that influences this. I can't recall at the moment what setting that was, but it was not very obvious – High Detail Lots? Tree Details? The shutters count as outdoor deco and if this setting is too low, they will only be rendered when the camera is quite close.

Either try hunting down that setting (I know it exists, because I had the same problem), or just zoom out the camera a bit further.

No this isn't true, as all my settings are high. whenever the roof is on..the lower floor shutters disappear (upper floor shutters seem to remain in place)and have ever since the first patch no matter how zoomed in or out you are. I mean if you take off the roof they all show up, but the pics would be awful by doing that...ugh...
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:23 PM
There is a box that says something like "Enable Object Hiding". Make sure you have this ticked, it will show objects on all floors below you if your at the roof level.

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.