Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 7:49 AM
Default Who is the BEST singer in the world in your opinion?
There are so many very talented people out there, and everyone has a different opinion on who the absolute best voice in the world is. Some say it's Celine Dion, some say it was Pavorati, some say Josh Groban, Whitney Houston, Barbra Streisand, and some say Reba Mcentire. But there has to be only one Best singer in the entire world. So who would it be for you?

My vote goes to Carrie Underwood. If you ever heard her sing, "How Great Thou Art" live at the Grand Ole Opry, you will just get such chills. She has such amazing, incredible range. Such God given talent there.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 8:05 AM
I agree with you!

ELOOOOOOO x) http://nintendorkhome.forumotion.net/index.htm
My website.Please register!Off-topic talking on my website!

I'm back G's! "One More Time G" "AND I'M SOOOOO ANXIOUS"

............ xD
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 8:15 AM
Eh. I'm not all that impressed by Underwood...or any of the so called "American Idols" for that matter.

I can't really name a #1, but I love love love Sarah McLachlan's voice.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 8:28 AM
Regina Spektor, no question about it.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 8:33 AM
The Singers of Gloriana. Seriously, I can't pick one. :P
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 3:20 PM
I think either Carrie Underwood or Taylor Swift.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 4:33 PM
Ed Kowalczyk, the lead singer from Live.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 4:39 PM
You know Sarah's voice in Angel and I will Remember You are great O.O I cant exactly decide

ELOOOOOOO x) http://nintendorkhome.forumotion.net/index.htm
My website.Please register!Off-topic talking on my website!

I'm back G's! "One More Time G" "AND I'M SOOOOO ANXIOUS"

............ xD
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 4:49 PM
Not sure how to take this question. Seems like it would be better to say "Who is your favorite singer?"

I sing classical music and most of the singers that I admire typically have many years of vocal/theory training as well as studying under great masters. It's really kind of hard to compare them with mainstream vocalists.

One of my favorite vocalists is Kathleen Ferrier.
Banned
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 6:25 PM
Also Sade has an incredibly smooth, seamless, soulful voice.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 6:32 PM
Brendan Perry of Dead Can Dance has a voice that makes me shiver sometimes. He can put so much meaning and soul into the words that simply don't translate when they're just written out plain.

Alessandro Juliani sings an -amazing- song (Gaeta's Lament) on the last BSG soundtrack that I want to turn up to 11 on headphones and play on constant loop till I go deaf. It's one of the most heartbreakingly beautiful songs I've ever heard.

I don't know if either are -the best- singers, but they've got voices that inspire such deep emotion...

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 7:00 PM
There really is no way to determine the best singer, but the one with the voice that most pleases me is Gavin Degraw. His renditions of A Change is Gonna Come and A Song For You are so soulful and chilling, not to mention that I love his original work. That being said, Ray LaMontagne and Damien Rice are a close second and third.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 9:42 PM
Hayley Williams of Paramore.
Although I don't really like that band, she's pretty talented.

Amy Lee of Evanescence. She's amazing.

zD Bear with me here.

&& Pete Loeffler of Chevelle. He got some mad pipes there.

When the smoke clears, you can consider us even.
Scholar
#14 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 9:38 AM
There isn't any one BEST singer for me, but Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamasaki, and Michael and Janet Jackson do a pretty good job.

Also, I hate her lyrics and attitude, but Christina Aguilera has a really flexible voice. It's all high and stuff.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 10:53 AM
Patsy Cline.. her voice is so haunting, pure, just absolutely beautiful.. everybody knows Crazy but just listen to her singing Sweet Dreams.. I've got pretty eclectic musically tastes but she really was a beautiful artist...

more contemporary Amy Lee singing My Immortal or Hello... Natasha Beddingfields singing Soulmate.

Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman singing together, Time to Say Goodbye.. brings me almost to tears.

hehe I like me some sad songs
Mad Poster
#16 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 11:22 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 10:26 PM
Well I don't know about the world, but in my library Serj Tankian is the winner. His vocal chords are made of amazing. Zach Davidson comes a close second. His voice and the way he sings remind me of a snake.

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 11:23 PM
Shirley Manson! a good example is the BeautifulGarbage era.

Garbage Isn't a wierd band, Garbage is an Immensely talented Group of strange people.
Quote:
"No, I'm not Shirley the girl, I'm the woman on MTV with the big boots." - Shirley Manson
Forum Resident
#19 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 10:06 AM
For me it's Jason Wade of Lifehouse.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 1:33 PM
Emilie Autumn! (Although she did sing like a cat being tortured on the chorus of Opheliac...)

Singing in the rain! x3
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 11:27 PM
Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford. Hands down, the best duet I've ever heard.

Words of derision I have swallowed with a smile. For telling my story I've been...crucified.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chyrun
For me it's Jason Wade of Lifehouse.

Have you heard his cover of You Belong to Me? It's simply exquisite.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Alchemist
#23 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 11:40 PM
I love Tarja Turunen's voice.

I mostly enjoy classical music. Its hard to find the original singers for a lot of pieces as they're so old. I love the song 'Ave Maria' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQVz6vuNq7s, In my opinion it's the most beautiful song every sang
Field Researcher
#24 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 12:47 AM
Norah Jones, Lea Salonga, Alka Yagnik, and Na Ying all have really beautiful voices
Alchemist
#25 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 1:44 AM
Alive: Celine Dion
Dead: Patsy Cline
Page 1 of 12