Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 4:53 PM Last edited by beergirl : 14th Aug 2009 at 4:12 PM. Reason: link incorrect
Default TRYING to build a house
Hello Everyone. I am not a very good house builder, mine always seem to turn out very generic, and square looking. Anyhow, I saw on someones download that they got house plans from houseplans.com . So, I was trying to build this house http://www.houseplans.com/2256-square-feet-2-bedroom-2.5-bathroom-Modern-House-Plan-2-garage-(31550) . My question is, would it be easier to start from the top (I guess that would be street level), or from the bottom-the pool level. Everytime I try to use the floor elevation cheats, it seems to mess up another part of my already built portions of the house. Hope you can understand my rambling...and thanks in advance for any help. Any extra suggestions also appreciated.
Advertisement
Typical
#2 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 5:13 PM
I can't give you an answer, as it gives you a 404 not found error, when you click the link.
#3 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 5:16 PM
Try this link instead. All I did was include the close-parenthesis in the URL; I haven`t tested it, though.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Typical
#4 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 5:19 PM
Well, it's a houseplan, whether it's the correct one or not, is something beergirl will have to answer.
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 1:14 AM
If that is the correct plan, it's take a lot of patience with CFE and move objects. I built it from street level down.. lots of undoing and redoing to Simify it.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=290177

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
#6 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 1:26 AM
Thank you, CynicalChick! I`d seen that download before, but couldn`t use it. Now I have all the prerequisites installed, and I have a few places where such a lot might fit. Downloaded!

beergirl, did I fix your link correctly?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 4:16 PM
Default Sorry
Sorry, had to go to work after I posted yesterday, and havent looked at this page untill now. Well, I think I fixed the link, I just unchecked one of the boxes on the edit page. All I did was copy and paste the link, but somehow it got messed up. Thanks for all help. Great job with the Sims2 version! Now if I could just get it to work in Sims3!! Will try building from the street down. For some reason, my game wont install premade houses, it just stays on processing screen forever.............................
#8 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 7:58 PM
beergirl, was *my* link correct?

Typical
#9 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
beergirl, was *my* link correct?

Yes, it was. They both lead to the same page.