Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 11:57 PM
Default Need help building
Hi everybody!

While working on my next project I got stucked with roof issues. I red all the tutorials but couldn't find a way to solve my issue. Since there's a lot of really talented and innovative builders around here I figured I could get some help.

I have this building with the exact form of roof wanted except that I just can't get it to be at the right height. It should be way lower. But because of the middle built on the second floor it just doesn't match anymore and since there's no half-walls and wall fences doesn't work either I don't know how to do it.

I added a picture to be more understandable since my english isn't always as good as I would want it to be :P
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 3:35 AM
By "lower" you mean that you want the angle of the roof to be less steep, am I understanding this right?

To me it looks like you already know how to use the roof slider (to change the angle), and you seem to know about split levels as well – right?

What you can do is make the walls of the middle part shorter with the constrainfloorelevation cheat – the same way you've flattened the front part of the house, it looks like it's a split level:

then delete the roof on top of that and hit undo (to make the game redraw the roof). And then fiddle for half an hour with the roof angle slider until you find the angle where both parts of the roof will match – unfortunately there is no way to use an *exact* angle in TS3, we only have that slider which is very imprecise.
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 12:02 PM
It worked perfectly, thank you very much for the tip.