Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 3:10 PM
Default Thoughts on this very weird "white cards" bug?
Here is a very weird bug I came across. For some reason, white "cards" appeared out of nowhere on a lot. The cards don't seem to be attached to any object, and vanish depending on the angle you view the lot from.

They can only be deleted using the move_objects cheat in Build/Buy mode, but that's only if they appear in those modes in the first place. Some do. Some don't, and only if you keep going back and forth between Live and Build/Buy mode.

Now I have since rebuilt this lot, anyway, but I'm throwing this issue out in case anyone can figure out a solution for someone else that may come across it.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 3:13 PM
Below are screenshots showing the "cards." You can see how in shot #2 and #3 the cards disappear when you shift the view angle.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 3:48 PM
Those are rogue ceiling tiles; if you angle the camera so that they are visible in build mode you should be able to ctrl-click with a floortile selected to get rid of them, or maybe even use the sledgehammer.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 3:57 PM
It's a wellknown version of floating ceilings. It's probably to do with buildingtechniques you have used. Can't you just hammer them? I know they will be back, but for some time the hammering should work.

Where did you get the rogue title from Simsample?

Some people have had success with multiple share and replace lots. After a few of those they should apparently stop developing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Those are rogue ceiling tiles; if you angle the camera so that they are visible in build mode you should be able to ctrl-click with a floortile selected to get rid of them, or maybe even use the sledgehammer.

Oh, thanks! Like I said, I rebuilt the lot, but I'll definitely bookmark this thread in case this issue happens again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It's a wellknown version of floating ceilings. It's probably to do with buildingtechniques you have used. Can't you just hammer them? I know they will be back, but for some time the hammering should work.

Now that I think of it, I might have been able to just hammer them. I wound up rebuilding the lot, but anyway, this is all good to know for future reference.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 4:40 PM
Where did you get the rogue title from Simsample?

You mean why did I call them rogue ceiling tiles?
See adjective definition 3 here:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rogue
Hope I didn't misunderstand you!
dodgy builder
#8 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You mean why did I call them rogue ceiling tiles?
See adjective definition 3 here:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rogue
Hope I didn't misunderstand you!

Ok... useful thanks. I was wondering if you baptised them or something, but probably not.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 9:16 AM
Ok... useful thanks. I was wondering if you baptised them or something, but probably not.

Maybe I should trademark the name!