Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 5:33 PM
Default Terrain tearing along chunk boundaries
I am seeing terrain tearing along the chunk boundaries in EIG and in game of a world I am working on. It is a reworking of Isla Paradiso. I have not found anything on this and wonder if it is a local problem with my world file or maybe it is an issue with the Isla Paradiso file I downloaded in order to begin this little project. Any help as to why this might be happening would be appreciated.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 7:22 PM
I believe it was the file I was using to modify the world. Lot of work down the drain.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 8:33 PM
I've seen that before- in my case it was some sort of texture error that I managed to fix. What file are you referring to in your second post?

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=478610
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 9:05 PM
I am trying to create a better Isla Paradiso. I downloaded an Isla Paradiso Lite file from Cawster. The issue appears to be correlated with that world file.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 9:15 PM
How are the terrain paints applied to that world? Have you applied them as separate layers, or blended? Here are my notes from when I fixed the problem I had with the white seams on the chunk boundaries:
Quote: Originally posted by simsample's notes
A white seam on chunk boundaries seems to be caused by one or more corrupt texture maps for the terrain paints. backup the world and isolate the problem texture by deleting the terrain paints one by one until the problem vanishes.

The last paint you have to delete is the corrupt layer.

You can then exit without saving, reload the world and work on that layer.

Possibly you will have to replace the layer, but importing a texture map from an earlier version may help as it is the texture map that is the problem.

Does that make any sense to you? I don't have CAW or Sims 3 installed any longer, so cannot take screenshots for you, sorry!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 9:24 PM
I could easily see what paint was the issue. It was the layer where I had Island Paradise Sand Underwater. I deleted that layer and do not see those line breaks in the terrain anymore. They were really easy to see as they were a bright blue. I will add a new layer with that paint and see what happens. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 9:36 PM
I added a new layer for the underwater sand and have painted some. I am not seeing those texture breaks any longer. I am glad you came along. Didn't want to have to start from scratch. I am just trying to redo Isla Paradiso and make it into a legacy world. I found those Isla Paradiso files and although I am touching up the terrain paint, I did not clear it all and start from scratch. I changed the texture colors, so I think it was a problem that came with the original file I downloaded as I did a re-download, installed the new one and without making a single change to the world, the terrain breaks were showing up. Thanks again. You were a big help.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 9:51 PM
Well done! I'm glad you managed to fix it, the world looks like it's going to be great.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 10:30 PM
Yes thank you. Thanks for the compliment on how it looks. Nothing special. Just trying to improve on something that EA came up short on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 11:35 PM
Unfortunately, the more terrain I repainted, the more those lines become visible again.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 7:05 AM
Next thing i would try is to refresh the texture database. backup your world, then open it in S3Pe. Find the _KEY resource and delete it, save. Then open the world in CAW again and save the world to regenerate it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 4:07 PM Last edited by uec397 : 20th Jun 2016 at 6:29 PM.
Thanks for the help, but I believe it has something to do with the download file. The person that cleaned up Isla Paradiso missed something or messed something up. I don't know. I am not really that great with S3PE so I am just going to have to scrap this little project.

Edit: It's every world in CAW that is doing this. It's also showing up in game with worlds that come with the game and expansions. I don't know what's causing it. I looked through the link you gave me where there about it being computer issues, but I don't see how that could be it. I have an i7-4790k cpu, a gtx960 graphics card and 16gb of matched corsair vengeance ram. All of which are many, many times better than what I had before and I never had this problem previously.

So I don't know if it's just a problem that's on my machine or if it would go with the world if I uploaded it for use when finished.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 9:08 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 10:01 PM
Yeah, I tried all that. For some reason, that world, whether it's the Island Paradise version or one I work on in CAW gives me those lines. I have since abandoned that and am working on another world. I have taken the Roaring Heights map and done some major renovation on it. I never really wanted to do a world from scratch, and this new one is working out OK.