Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 1:24 PM
Default CC included in upload?
If I upload a house (or a sim) which was built with CC like patterns or furniture or windows or whatever, and someone downloads it. Will they automatically get these custom things too or will they have to download them separately? I imagine that they won't get the new meshes, right? But how is it with the patterns?
Advertisement
Typical
#2 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 1:45 PM
You'll have to package the CC used seperately.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 2:07 PM
I'm not sure about patterns, but custom objects definitely don't get included.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 7:32 AM
Patterns do not package with your lot. You will either have to include the .package file , if the creator allows redistribution, or link to the pattern shown on your lot.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 9:47 AM
Ok thanks for the answers.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 10:37 AM
Just as a side note, all patterns made with Delphy's Pattern Packager can be included - if it says on the upload they were made with DPP then you needn't worry about checking policies as a share-friendly license is part of DPP.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Just as a side note, all patterns made with Delphy's Pattern Packager can be included - if it says on the upload they were made with DPP then you needn't worry about checking policies as a share-friendly license is part of DPP.

Does it say that in the license agreement? Because when I used the pattern packager the first time I was a bit too fast clicking past the license agreement and now I wanted to read it before I upload any of the patters that I made but I can't find it. So I asked about where to find it in the download thread but I haven't got an answer yet. Maybe you can help me?
Scholar
#8 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 8:23 PM
Yes it does. It is part of the agreement with Delphy that if you use his tool to do your patterns, then you must be willing to make them share friendly. Everything made with Delphy's pattern tool is shareable. If you don't want to share your patterns, then you can't use his tool.

I'm glad this is happening, custom content should be shareable, especially things like patterns, it's a bit like the terrain in sims 2, free to share.

You know, you should never kip past licence agreements, they could actually say things like you have to upload only to one site, or that the tool maker now owns your stuff, or whatever. If you really need to read it, why don't you uninstall and reinstall
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Standard license for Pattern Packager and CTU
This program is supplied free of charge. Do not redistribute this program itself in any form - it is not shareware. If by some fluke it breaks your computer, deletes your hard drive, or eats all your pasta, that's your problem, not Delphy's.

In order to use this program, you must agree that all custom content created or modified using this program is "share friendly." This means that, while you may distribute, sell, destroy, implode, eat, or otherwise do whatever you want with your content, it also means that anyone can redistribute, recolour, remix, re-upload, and freely share your creations as long as they give you credit. If you do not want your creations to have a "share friendly" usage, then you may not use this program to create custom content. Do you agree to this license?

There you go.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.