Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 7:49 PM
Default Can I get some help with creating a house?
I'm trying to recreate the house I grew up in but having a hard time doing it according to the way it actually was.

When you entered the from door, there were two stair wells. One on the right that went downstairs where things like our playroom and the laundry room was. One to the left that went up half a flight to the living room/kitchen/bathroom/bedrooms.

The thing is, the basement had windows. Which you can't seem to do here because the windows in the game are too low and all you see is the bent ground.

I'd like to know how to change that. Can I have flat ground against the basement walls in any way?

And, is there any way to make it so that instead of removing four floor tiles above the stairs, I can make it only remove say two or three.

Any ideas? I'm almost to the point of just quitting this effort.
Advertisement
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 8:10 PM
Well, the house your trying to make isnt' totally creatable. There are restrictions within the game.

1 - The plan itself sounds like you can make it. As it sounds similar to how my friends house is.

2 - There isn't a wal yo ahve flat terrain up against a wall. It will always show the slope. Does it mean there won't be a way? No, it just means we haven't found a way to do so yet.

3 - No, the set minimum height for walls are four clicks, meaning four stairs. Sorry

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 8:47 PM
That sucks. Wish we had the split level foundation that we had in sims 2.
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 1:57 AM
moiraesfate I know you can create a basement with windows because I have read at least two tutorials that tell you how, I just dont remeber which ones. Check the sims2 build wiki and look at the basement tutorials there.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 3:52 AM
Hello chicachicaboom - All of the tutorials on it cause what she doesn't want to happen. Those tutorials are also written for TS2, not TS3.

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 2:16 PM
There is no difference how "regular" basements work in TS2 vs. TS3 though. If the OP would be happy with a solution along the lines of this:

https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...1_TopDown-0.jpg

(i.e. hiding the slope inside a foundation wall), that would work exactly the same way in TS3. The only caveat with basements in general, windows or not, is that foundation walls in TS3 will stay up even in walls-down mode, which makes them hardly playable. One can work around this by constructing the inner walls of the basement entirely from real walls (which will drop in walls-down mode), but that's a bit tedious.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 4:58 PM
Quote:
The thing is, the basement had windows. Which you can't seem to do here because the windows in the game are too low and all you see is the bent ground.

Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
There is no difference how "regular" basements work in TS2 vs. TS3 though. If the OP would be happy with a solution along the lines of this:

https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...1_TopDown-0.jpg

(i.e. hiding the slope inside a foundation wall), that would work exactly the same way in TS3. The only caveat with basements in general, windows or not, is that foundation walls in TS3 will stay up even in walls-down mode, which makes them hardly playable. One can work around this by constructing the inner walls of the basement entirely from real walls (which will drop in walls-down mode), but that's a bit tedious.

That is what she is saying is happening. She wanted a way for it to not show the terrain slope. The only method I could think that MIGHT work would be to try either V1nd1cares tutorial on true sunken basements that would actually stop at the right height, just creating the gash to be able to place the placement. This method as far as testing goes, only works in TS2.

Another thing I was going to request was mootilda's grid adjuster which allows true basements as well, but that as well is only available in TS2.

Yes, it is true that TS2 basements and TS3 basements are constructed the same, but form the knowledge gained in the post, the OP can make the basements anyway