Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 2:29 PM Last edited by thesims1depot : 19th Feb 2014 at 12:28 AM.
Default Testing world, but having issues regarding fish spawners on lots and weather stone
Hey, everyone!

So I'm finally in the finishing stages of completing a world. However, I'm facing some odd issues in testing.

Issue #1: Sims can't get to fish spawners that I placed using buydebug. They do the usual angry stamp and yell. Oddly enough, any fish spawners that are placed in the same area in CAW, they can get to. I have no problem simply removing the lot-placed spawners, but now I'm worried that all the other spawners I placed in buydebug (lizard, snake, turtle, etc.) won't work or they won't be able to pick any of these critters up.

Issue #2: Sims can't view the weather stone I've placed in CAW. Again, they complain. Yet there's no non-routable paint I've placed around it, and the stone is on flat ground, so I don't know why they can't route to it.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 3:01 PM
There has been several reports about spawners used on lots. They multiply if someone tries to move the lot they're on. I only used them in the world file on caw layers. For the other issue a picture would be nice.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
There has been several reports about spawners used on lots. They multiply if someone tries to move the lot they're on. I only used them in the world file on caw layers. For the other issue a picture would be nice.

I have not moved any of the lots that the spawners are on; it's just that for some odd reason, the ones that are embedded in the lots using buydebug can't be used by the sims. They complain that they're blocked from routing to them. Like I said, I don't mind if I remove all the buydebug spawners and just place them in CAW, but what's concerning me are the "critters" spawners, which seem to be buydebug only. (I haven't been able to find them in CAW). I would be devastated if the snake/lizard/turtle/bird spawners had the same issue, where they either didn't work or the sims had similar routing issues.

As for the weather stone, I read up a little on it and learned that it only works if you have both Supernatural and Seasons. I only have Seasons, so I wonder if that isn't the issue--although, strangely enough, I get the pop up box when I first open the game alerting sims to check it out. But here's what I'll do-- I'll place the weather stone in a different spot, completely free of any hills or valleys, and re-export the world. If I run into the same issue, I'll post screenshots so everyone can see the issue.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 9:55 PM
To have more spawners in caw, you could try supercaw here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=860.0

It's also possible to edit the spawners themselves to show up in caw metadata, but if supercaw fix it that's better.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
To have more spawners in caw, you could try supercaw here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=860.0

It's also possible to edit the spawners themselves to show up in caw metadata, but if supercaw fix it that's better.

Okay, thanks! I'll definitely try Supercaw.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 12:28 AM
Hi, everyone! I'm back! I figured out what the issue is, and I'm posting the solution in case someone else runs across it.

If you place a lot where half of it is on land and half of it is on water and you place spawners in the water using buydebug, the sims won't be able to route to it. You have to build a pond on the lot using the pond tool, or place the spawners outside of the lot itself in CAW.

Example, below is a lot that has a fish spawner that was placed using buydebug. Gwen can't route to it, even though it's close to the shore.

However, she can route to this spawner a few feet away, because it was placed in the world itself.

Long story short, to avoid routing issues involving fish spawners, place the spawners in CAW near your lots, or if you want them to be lot-specific and place them using buydebug, use the pond tool first.