Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 3:11 AM
Default Adding a channel to an object (or anything)
Is it possible to add a channel to an object? I've seen it done for clothes. My question is how do you do it, either for clothes or objects. I'm trying to add a channel to the modern alarm clock so you can recolor the blue part. If anyone knows how (I'm thinking it's a S3PE thing) or can point me in the right direction of a tutorial, I would very much appreciate that.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 9:28 PM
So how did you do this after all? You seem to have figured it out –*but I can't find anything on the subject. Do you have any pointers, or care to explain?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
So how did you do this after all? You seem to have figured it out –*but I can't find anything on the subject. Do you have any pointers, or care to explain?
This was briefly discussed here

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox

Oh plasticbox I haven't checked this thread in a while. This is what I do to enable channels.

In TSRW I extract the overlay, and the texture. In gimp I open the texture, and open as layers the overlay. Then I save the image with the overlay on top as a .png. Then I open the .png and make the saturation level -100. Then I just create an RGB from the texture. Of course you will have to save your textures and RGB channels as .dds.