Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
I'll need you post the actual DDS file, not the package file...

The actual DDS file? Like the picture, not what the PatternPackager made? Oh. Whoops!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Spacer.rar (8.6 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#27 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cheezypuff121P
The actual DDS file? Like the picture, not what the PatternPackager made? Oh. Whoops!

Umm, ok, where to start, I loaded your picture into photoshop, and this is what I'm seeing:

And this is what it is should to look like:

First - Your RED, GREEN, and BLUE channels are identical, meaning they will blend. If it's just a 1 color pattern that would work, but a 2 or 3 color pattern would give weird results:

1 Channel - Red:

If you change the color in game, the red parts become whatever color you choose, the rest would stay black.

2 Channel - Red & Green:

Whatever 2 colors you choose in the game would mix, in this case red + green = yellow.

3 Color - Red, Green & Blue:

In this case, all 3 colors are combining, red + green + blue = white.

And since your alpha layer is solid white, that would cover the entire pattern, including the background, with a solid color:

If you want a solid white channel to act as a background, it needs to be in the RED channel. Channels are listed bottom to top: RGBA, red is bottom, next is green, next is blue, top channel is alpha.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 10:23 PM
Oh, okay. I tried to figure out the channels in GIMP on my own, but I never really knew what I was doing. I was just winging it (which is probably why it didn't work)
Page 2 of 2