Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 1:34 PM
Default The Official McSims Development Thread.
Quote:
I am planning a McDonalds collection for the Sims, which would let you go to McD's and buy basic food(i.e. French Fries, Coke, McNuggets, Big Mac, Big Mac Jr., Double Big Mac, Kid's Meal(McNuggets), Kid's Meal(Burger), and Sprite) from the counter.

That was the header of my original thread, 'Who wants a McDonalds?'. Work has been finalized and a release date set on the MSims.

(from page 11 of the original thread):

Current Credits:
mod_bv - for making the McSims, the Burger Queen, and the Taco Sims

Universal Sims and gemini2281 - for making the logos for these fastfood places.

nasdascreations - for thinking of the names

simmer21 - for making logo objects

chrisnjosh - register base mod

We now have a set release date for the Developer's Pack! If you are planning on making a custom McSims, now is the time to start. If it is a personal creation just for yourself, then you do not need to follow the guidelines shown. If you are planning to upload the McSims, follow these guidelines:

This pack willl just be the McSims logo and items. It could be used to make your own custom McSims. If someone wants to release the McSims they make on the Internet, they can, however there will be a signature they have to put with it in the thread. No McSim will be allowed to be put on a pay site. To use the pack, e-mail me @ [email protected] with the number of McSims you would like to make and I will give you a branch number. You only need a branch number if you are going to put it online. After the downloader downloads it, he or she can name it whatever they want. However, the name of both the thread and the name in the Lots and Houses Bin must be the whole branch name given. Also, you must e-mail me for a branch number. Each number will be different, and I will have a database so I know which ones are used.

There is also a 'branch name' An example branch name is McSims Branch #1. It is already taken, beware. You can figure out your branch name by omitting the 1 and replacing it with your branch number. That is what you name your McSims. After they download it, the downloader can change it to whatever.

The signature is done, but I cannot release it because I need a link that is not created yet.

The set release date is: August 2, 2005.

You can't say things like 'cool name' or 'luv the idea!' because that's what got the other thread locked.

You can however apply for branch numbers before release. You also can post things that add to the discssion of the thread. I got the last part from the rules.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 1:43 PM Last edited by simmer21 : 27th Jul 2005 at 8:44 PM.
Here is all of my objects that I have finishd and tested so far.

Place where objects are held: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...6260#post666260

PS: Rember I can do many logo-ed objects, so if you need a spcefic object with a logo on it, just ask!
Edit: Removed uploads, don't want the thread to get closed.
Screenshots

COME TO THIS AWSEOME SITE!http://www.sims2rockintheroad.tk/
Heck, I'm only 13
Please pass this POTATO!! http://www.passthepotato.com/potato...27174123-850503
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 1:44 PM
Actually mod_bv, what got your other thread locked was the fact you had nothing to show for it. Either you stop posting threads that promise but never deliver, or you'll get your forum access removed.

Regards,
Delphy
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 1:46 PM
I am sorry, Delphy, but please can this thread be left intact? And if you look, thwere is a release date for the McSims.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 1:56 PM
You'd still have to post it to the proper downloads forum where it'll get approved or rejected like every other lot.

The build forum should be used if you want to get *help* with building lots etc, not to bypass the download approval system.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 1:59 PM
there are no downloads here, delphy.
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 6:20 PM
mod_bv, i am looking forward to this and your magic mirror phone, but may i have a suggestion for a fast food place? Sim Chef? like little chef?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 6:31 PM
bv, why can t you and dlephy agree that lke:
bv updates us about the McSims on his website
Delphy keeps a link to bv's website here.
Then everybod gets what they want.
Not that Im tellin y'all what to do!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 8:29 PM Last edited by chrisnjosh : 27th Jul 2005 at 8:39 PM.
Another easy idea and all we need is a mod on my register and a sign:
Starbucks.
I can make a logo ,I just need name.
Not simbucks, please. Something more original.

Oh, and I nearly finished the register.
Would anybody be interested in making custom food? Like big-acks, fries etc?
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:09 AM
Yes, chrisnjosh has a good point. I could try to name it. Hm...StarSimCoffe ??? I know it sucks but it's an idea to build off of.

About custom foods, good idea! I may try.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:24 AM
Java Simmocha
Simsbest Coffee
Simspresso Shop
A few ideas
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:04 AM
I like SimplyDownloadaholic's names.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 9:54 AM
There are great tutorials here about custom food, and how hard can it be to mesh a big mac? I will texture if you like
And I will do a Java Simmocha logo
Field Researcher
#14 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 10:18 AM
I will also have a go at meshing some food's, as I am getting better at Gmax now
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:18 PM
Default Simbest Coffee
I went with simbest instead, and here's what i got:

Hope you like! I will mesh a sign soon as well.
EDIT
I just noticed the M is a little off, I will sort that soon.

The sims 2 Rockin' The Road Content Pack: www.sims2rockintheroad.tk
OR:
Sims 2 Rockin The Road Alt Url
Project Manager
As featured on CNN, NBC and Wired, click this link for a free Ipod!!! Dont be one of the skeptics that misses out, join in the craze!http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=8571212
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:19 PM Last edited by mod_bv : 28th Jul 2005 at 12:33 PM.
Wow!!!!!

EDIT: My post was a bit too short, so I added a couple things:

Where will i post the Developer's Packet for the McSims. It is an assorsment of objects. Some of the objects are recolors, some new meshes, some hacked objects, etc. If anybody knows please say.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:38 PM
Are you asking Where you can put it?
Bacause I would host it at RTR if you like. Obviously I would wanna be in on it, but I would happily link it. And then i could have
RTR, sponsors McSims!!!
Depending on size (must be <30mb, we talk if its not)
then i will def host it.
EDIT
Please can I have a branch #?
and also Why not amke a collection as well, for easy access of objects in one place?
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:41 PM
In the first post, I posted this:

Quote:
To use the pack, e-mail me @ [email protected] with the number of McSims you would like to make and I will give you a branch number.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:42 PM
Wow sorry!!! I thought you wouldnt mind.
Inventor
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:43 PM
I don't mind, but I am trying to keep the ndatabase smooth. In G-mail, I can make databases, so I am trying to leave it smooth.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:44 PM
Also are you ignoring my hosting offer for a reason?
Inventor
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:15 PM
I will probably either have it here or have it on my server.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:25 PM
Quote:
Where will i post the Developer's Packet for the McSims

Sorry, I thought you were asking for hosting!!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:27 PM
No, I meant which forum will I post it in.

Where will I post the Developer's Packet for the McSims? It is an assorsment of objects. Some of the objects are recolors, some new meshes, some hacked objects, etc. If anybody knows please say.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#25 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 2:00 PM
Just a total disregard for everything your told eh boys? Unbelievable the disrespect from the lot of you.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 2