Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 5:07 PM
Default Monster High?
Hey there. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of these dolls? They are all supposed to be the spawn of the monsters of horror fiction, such an Frankenstein and Dracula. Monster high is also a webisode series.
What do you think about them?
Does anyone collect them?
I got Lagoona yesterday
Thanks!

P.s sorry if such a thread exists
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 7:21 PM
I also bought the spectra doll today. She is actually much more flexible than lagoona.
Lol at me having a discussion with myself
Forum Resident
#3 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 8:14 PM
I bought a few for my daughter, and even though she's only a year old, she absolutely loves them to death. She can't play with them since they honestly aren't for playing period, but she loves watching their little mini-sodes on the main site. So I bought her a few of the rag doll versions, which she's quite attached to.

She wants to dress up like Lagoona for Halloween, after we ran into a dress up set at Wal-mart, but I don't know if she'll really be able to fit into it yet, which is a bummer.

Right now she has Lagoona, Draculaura, and Ghoulia, but I plan to buy her the others for Christmas.

I think their quite interesting, and unique. They really seem to put a lotta work into their designs, which I appreciate quite a bit as a doll collector myself. Hopefully they stick around for a long time, so my daughter can appreciate them for years to come.
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 2:55 PM
ooooh i really want draculura the most,dont have any other
Alchemist
#5 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 3:27 PM

never heard of them.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 2:47 AM
I've seen them. They are really weird. The concept is cool, but I'm just not into that, and personally, the commercials annoy me. Well, a lot of commercials annoy me anyways, but yeah...

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 2:58 PM
I...really don't like them . Draculaura in particular, 'cause I think her appearance and name are ridiculous. I don't like the concept either, they're just surfing on the Twilight, vampires, gothik and monsters wave .

"I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night." Shanoa (Castlevania Judgment)
Scholar
#8 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 5:20 PM
Oh, I thought that was only a T.V. series. I was wrong about My Little Pony too.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 5:33 PM Last edited by pare321 : 19th Nov 2011 at 6:12 PM.
It's weird. There was a discussion about these things a while back on another forum I go to. (So, I just found out about them not too long ago) I think they're kinda cute. I probably wouldn't buy one now, but it's kinda nice to see some monster toys outside of Halloween. I particularly like Ghoulia's design, but "daughter of all zombies" doesn't really.. make any sense.

But they are pretty darn cute. I used to play with Bratz and Barbies when I was a chilren, but if these had existed, I would have picked them instead.

edit: Oh hay. There's a rockabilly one. cute.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Banned
#10 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 5:48 PM
I don't think Dracula and Frankenstein would be too happy about this.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 11:41 PM
I think they're pretty cute. They aren't exactly perfect like Barbie and not whorish like Bratz and it'll be a nice introduction into the supernatural for some kids. My little sister loves the specials they show every once and a while, she made me so happy when she asked to watch an original Dracula movie.
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 5M0K3

Ahah, that's also my point

"I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night." Shanoa (Castlevania Judgment)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 8:16 PM
They r the best and i have decided to make them in sims 2
Scholar
#14 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yakumo-dono
They aren't exactly perfect like Barbie and not whorish like Bratz

Now that you mention it, you're right. I know they're a little ridiculous, but they are introducing a new way of telling little kids that appearances aren't everything and that there really is nothing to be afraid of.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 5:59 PM
Your right, minimogut. Sure they are based off of real monsters, or real to little kids (And me, I do believe in Vampires, shhhh) But in some ways it introduces a whole new idea to dolls and toys. Because no offense to Mattel, I hate Barbie. Too perfect. And made a lot of girls have an eating disorder just to be like her, and those sick looking models

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Instructor
#16 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 7:13 PM
My daughter has Draculaura, Ghoulia, Spectra, Clawdeen, Clawd, Holt, Lagoona, 2 Frankie's and Cleo. She also has numerous other bits and bobs..frankies bed..school bag etc. She's obsessed. I'm sick of hearing about them. She sits and reads their little diary's out to me. They are cute though and a nice change from fairy and princess Barbie.

^_^
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 6:17 PM
I like the MH dolls. I wanted to collect the first wave Frankiestein, but that never happened. I'll just remain content with my few boxed Bratz dolls, haha :P

"Just Breathe"
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by singing_Noel
I bought a few for my daughter, and even though she's only a year old, she absolutely loves them to death.

lol... "loves them to death.." how ironic.

ENTJ
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 9:26 PM
Default Hey thats cool
Quote: Originally posted by annacapp
They r the best and i have decided to make them in sims 2

Hey do u think you could send them to me for sims 2 i cant seem to find any on google :p
Inventor
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 6:09 PM
I would love to start collecting them. A couple of Christmases ago my nan got me this set of 2 MH dolls, but they were like "mix and match, create your own monster" type deals. It was a pink cat girl and a green witch girl. I loved the proportions and how the joints were articulated (i know most barbie type dolls have articulated joints now, but the last time i played with barbies, like 10 years ago, they only had joints at the shoulders, hips and waist!) so i looked into them and I just adore the concept.

BUT as a collector at heart, i can't start a collection without the intention of completing it, and my other half, the guy who earns all the money, doesn't like the idea of me not only spending all that money on dolls I'll never play with and to be honest, we don't really have the room for me to store or display them anywhere... Maybe in the future though!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 8:13 PM
I enjoy this franchise and can say it's actually taking the piss\drama\whathaveyou out of most "pseudo-monsters" such as the Twilight vampires, by giving Draculaura a hemophobia (blood-fear)-related issue which is a physical one - She actually gets queasy and faints. They have minor flaws that balloon to ridiculous proportions due to their minds playing tricks on them in the case of fear, which most outsiders (people who don't get or don't like the franchise) cry "They're all Mary-Sues (and Gary-Stus)!" due to the minor flaws.

I feel they fit my rather, how should I put it?...Enchanting personality. That and I've been treated like a monster for the majority of my life.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#22 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 12:46 AM
Despite not owning any, I absolutely love the Monster High dolls. I remember when they first came out I was amazed by them. I honestly thought they would never catch on and fade out within a year since anything that's the slightest bit goth/spooky/not Barbie or Bratz usually fails miserably. I'm glad something different is dominating the fashion doll market. I only wish Novi Stars had made it. Those little alien things were adorable.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Instructor
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:38 PM
I loved the books, but the show is not doin' it for me.
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st May 2018 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 5M0K3

I assume you mean Dr. Frankenstein and not his creation. But I happen to adore these dolls because of the book series of the same name.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 1st May 2018 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by piedpiper1832
I assume you mean Dr. Frankenstein and not his creation.

You re-resurrected a 6 year old thread to say this?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Page 1 of 2