Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 1:50 AM
Default Make certain actions/mods only applicable to certain traits?
Hey so I'm new to modding

How would I make an action only apply to a trait I've created?
For example, I'm making a "responsible" trait for children, and I want sims only with that trait to be able to brew a pot of tea. I'd also like for sims with that trait to have different strings for certain actions.
Any advice?
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 12:04 PM
You can include a trait test in the test_globals section of an interaction to whitelist one or more specific traits. For instance, see object_Knack_MakeAwesome_Toilet (interaction S4_E882D22F_00000000_000000000001208A) and you can see an example test_global that looks for the trait_TheKnack.

For changing the display name, you'll want to look at the display_name_overrides tuning. You can see an example in mixer_social_HeckleMicrophonePerformance_alwaysOn (S4_E882D22F_00000000_0000000000007BB2) which includes a display_name_overrides that tests for a holiday tradition, but the test could also easily check for a trait using the same test type as the one used above, whitelist the trait in the test section to override the display name for Sims with that trait.

I just grabbed two random examples from out of the huge number of interactions, there's quite possibly a better example for the display_name_overrides that actually includes a trait test, but it should be easy enough to adapt.