Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 4:18 PM
Default Newbie, looking for specific tutes. Relationship interaction to enable Player trait
Hi! I have an idea for a mod I've wanted for a long time, and looking at tutorials and Python, I'm not too concerned about modding the sims (I've done custom content stuff, though I know that's a whole other ball park, and I also have a friend that knows Python and is willing to help).

I've been wanting polyamory in the sims for about a year now, but no mod does what I want to do. I had WickedWhims (18+ mod) to disable jealousy, but it just wasn't the same, and included too many things I had no use for. I can always type in a cheat code to do what I want (enable/disable the Player trait), but it's just not realistic and I don't like when my cheats feel like cheats, haha. I've got S4PE, S4S, Notepad++, and XML Extractor (with the XMLs extracted) set up.

What I want is an interaction added to the Romance section of the sim interaction pie menu that says "Ask for Open Relationship" (ideally I'd like more options and variations, but I'm nowhere near that skill level yet), and have it only available for sims that are Boy/Girlfriend, Fiance, or Husband/Wife to the active sim. I want this interaction to have the same animation as "Ask If Single". I want this interaction to grant the active sim, and their partner, the Player trait, and if possible, revoke the trait from sims once they become single again so they have to ask their partner every time.

I know this might be a little complicated, but is it at least possible? What steps would I need to take (doesn't need to be in depth, just enough so I can search tutorials for each bit) to make this possible?