Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 6:44 PM
Default Adding sims in SuperCAW itself? (Not EIG!)
I was looking for simhinge and typed "sim".
There are Sims in there! I added this nice lady in her bathrobe.
The problem seems to be, if she exists in CAW, going to EIG causes the Sims to crash. There are other sims in my build from Ctrl+Shift+C->Makesim that does not cause crashing. So... what's up with this? Anyone got this to work? Personally, I'm pretty sure EA sabotaged CAW so that you can't add sims, but is this in the basic CAW or just something in SuperCAW that doesn't work?
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:30 PM
Makes me wonder how EA themselves did it. I suppose they used a more powerful, dev version of CAW to build the worlds. I can't imagine they manually populated their worlds and set up all Sims to do their thing correctly.
How do prepopulated WORLD files work, anyway?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#3 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:36 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 20th Dec 2017 at 9:34 PM.
Tutorials for adding sims in eig is as old as caw itself. I've never heard about adding in caw. As far as I've heard, Twallan made the Porter mod solution in a discission with EA. I think that's what EA originally did to add characters.

There are several buggy things in caw, as per usual. She could just be a "statue"